April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by babypooh097

love this rose shimmerbrick! five different colors of shimmer, ranging from a white highlighter (like pink opal) to various shades of pink/rose shimmer. The colors are deeper pink than the pink shimmerbrick, and actually show up really nicely on my skin. I use it as a blush. I hate the packaging though, since the shimmerbrick breaks really easily. I took my beige on vacation and it broke even though I wrapped it in my jacket in my carryon bag...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2005 2:36:00 AM More reviews by casi0459

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love how this product makes my cheekbones look. i layer it over cheek stain, then sweep the lightest shade in a crescent pattern from my temples to the corners of my eyes. I use the darker part underneath the bone. I wouldnt recommend using too much during the daytime, but it looks really lovely in the evening. The rose hugh is much nicer than pink or beige, since the range of tones is better. If you wanted to use an eye shadow blush, this powder doubles as eye shimmer as well, which is really convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lettres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite of the shimmer bricks, perfect for olive toned skin, but as others have said, it is definitely a night-time product. It is way too shinny to be used during the day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 6:38:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This looks great worn alone on the cheeks or over a blush. A bit too much for the day time but it depends on how and where you put it. It's also handy that you can use them as eyeshadows and great for taking when travelling.
However, I find the finish more metallic than glowy and it will accenturate any flaws and bumps on my skin, although this will happen with most shimmery things. It might look better if worn over foundation, but I have yet to try.
I wouldn't recommend to use this color all over the face because it has purple undertones that look too weird. Not flushed or hit by the sun, just weird.
Overall, a nice thing to have but I'm not sure it's a must-have.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2005 4:20:00 PM More reviews by angieee

I gave this product a two because I can only wear this as eyeshadow. I wanted this to look good as blush, but ack - my pores are way too big. A lot of olive-complected reviewers liked this (I'm a GGG / HHH) , but, pores aside, it just didn't light up my face the way the beige does (and for some reason, the beige brick doesn't settle into my pores as much). For pink blush with a nice shimmer, I'll stick with Sugar Cosmetics Powdered Sugar in "Sprinkles".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by therese108

I love the versatility of this product. Applied with a light hand it imparts a soft shimmer that amps up any pink blush. With a heavier hand it's pigmented enough to work on its own as a shimmery rose blush (word of caution, though: shimmer emphasizes large pores, blemishes, etc., so it looks best on good skin). And it's great for travel because it can also work as an eye/cheek palette. I use the white or light pink as a brow highlighter, put one of the darker rose tones on the lid and crease, and run my brush over the whole brick for blush. It's genius.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 3:19:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow! rose is awesome. like bronze, it can be used as a highlight or blush... it just depends on if you layer it or use a light hand! versatile and lovely. i love these shimmerbricks! if any new ones come out-- I'm there!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is a pretty compact. I love the bronze shimmerbrick (although the body shop shimmerwaves is very similiar and half the price.). The pink and beige shimmerbricks were useless on my nc30 light olive complexion. No color just a little shimmer and at $35, i quickly got rid of them. So i wasnt expecting much with the rose. I was pleasantly surprised. This one is pigmented enough to use as a soft pale blush and highlighter. Great pigment and color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 4:45:00 PM More reviews by graycegray_ce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful product! I have the beige shimmer brick which I use as eyeshadow to get that 'candle lit' effect. I use the rose as both eyeshadow and blush. Its not overly sparkly, but gives a great gleam. I especially like the effect in the evening.
Too shimmery for day -- looks oily, especially if photographed. I've moved on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Lawchick530

I love the ROSE brick. I'm a medium tannish skin tone and whenever I get matched for anything-blush etc they always stick me into a strong peach (orangey) or a bronze--which just looks so dark. The rose is definitely a great match--it imparts a very soft glow--not at all glittery. The particles are soft and the shimmer is really subtle (but i think if i layered enough it would be cool for a night time effect too). But, I could easily wear it on a daily basis. It's just a sweet rosy flush with a hint of glow shimmer--looks very natural--i applied just to the apples of my cheeks and immediately I look bright and energized. I think I'd definitely buy again! (oh and i have to admit i love the sleek black case it comes in--like a tiny treasure..heh)
UPDATE: On second thought, I don't know...its not THAT great..its basically a pink blush with a highlighter thrown on top if you compare cheeks. Eck that's how I felt at least.