July 25, 2014 | 1777 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by 1tinky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush does a pretty decent job with my Fluidlines or other gel liners. Clean, smooth lines. When this one falls apart I would consider repurchasing though I don't think that will be for a while, the brush is well made.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by coutureisqueen

EW, this brush sucked. Shame too, because this is my first brush I bought from MAC. I thought it'd be perfect for fluidlines and BB gel liners, but it's just so weak and soft. I can barely push any color onto it from the fluidline, and on my eye it just goes all soft and not precise at all. I hate it! I couldn't get it to go stiff either, tried a couple times. It's going back to MAC. I thought I could find a better version of the Bobbi Brown fine liner brush but I was wrong. That one is SO MUCH BETTER.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

I got the SE version of this, and it was recommended for the fluidlines. There is a technique for making this brush stiff (rolling it in the gel until it gets stiff), but with my carpal tunnel it was a bit too much. Had to return. I got the 208, and I am in love.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

not a very nice eyeliner brush. mine seems to be missing some hairs, considering it's so thin already. i use this with mac fluidline, but it doesn't seem to pick up and deposit enough color to my eyes. will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful brush! If you're trying to decide on the best brush to use with Fluidlines, this one gets my vote. I've tried the 311 lip liner brush and the 266 angle brush but the 209 gives the most precise, fine line. If you like the line a little thicker toward the outer corners of your eye, you can easily do that, too with this brush. The line goes exactly where you want it, giving you perfect control. You'll feel like an expert make-up artist. The 311 is still great to use as a liner brush with wet or dry shadows (same goes for the 266 brush, which I find a bit too long -- I've heard the 208 is a better angle brush for if you like to line with that type of brush) but, in my opinion, the 209 is the best one I've used with Fluidlines.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2006 5:18:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Not a great brush. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by beautyglitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the rave for this brush. It works ok with some Mac Fluidliners but not all. It all depends on the consistancy of the fluidliner. Some Mac fluidliner colors are smoother than others and this brush seems to work ok when the fluidline is smooth and creamy. But if you try to use this brush with a thicker fluidline, (and believe me some colors are a bit thicker than others), it makes it difficult to use. I have to constantly keep applying the fluidline over and over my eyelid to get it looked right. I guess if the fluidline is thick this brush may be too soft to apply the color on the lid, and makes it difficult to apply. I practically have all the the fluidline colors and some are easier to apply than others with this brush. I have the BB liner brush and it works better than this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I just discovered MAC fluidlines and now Im hooked on them, so I had to have this awesome brush- its so easy to use, and firm enough to draw a nice precise line. So glad I bought this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish someone had told me to buy this brush when I got my first gel e/l. I'm a gel e/l spaz and this brush saved my liners from gathering dust. The superpointy tip is great for fine lines and gives the best control because it's thicker at the base, so it doesn't wave around a lot but it's still supersoft. Love this brush. I shall rave and rant about it until someone stops me! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by jellybean36

When i first got this, I was skeptical that i would be able to line my eyes properly but it surpassed my expectations. I like this for when i need to draw a fine fine, the thin point is good for this. Plus its very easy to use, its hard to make a mistake with this one