September 21, 2014 | 1583 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by yelhsa515

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scrub obviously works very well for some but not for me. It actually made me break out! I get much better results by mixing a bit of baking soda in with my face wash a few times a week, which is not only cheaper but the smaller grains do a better job and are less likely to cause excessive irritation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by erinetcetera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gotten this scrub for years. You can't beat the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by xojennyo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in my mid thirties, and have been buying this product for years...seriously, since high school. For the price, you really can't beat it. I have purchased much more expensive scrubs with mixed results. Ultimately, I always come back to this product. I have oily, acne prone skin. I use this scrub nightly, after I cleanse my face. Like other reviewers stated, the scrub itself is rough to the touch. You only need to use a small amount, and press very lightly with your fingers. I follow with a good quality nightly moisturizer, and honestly, I never break out. As soon as I stop using a scrub, my pores clog, and I get little red bumps. I absolutelyLOVE a product by Lush, but it is about five times the cost. It's hard to justify the higher price when an inexpensive drugstore brand like this one works almost as well. Just don't go crazy and tear your skin open! A light touch goes a long way with this stuff! Spend your money on the products that go back into your skin (moisturizer, toners, etc). Cleansers and scrubs remove dirt and oil, and unclog pores. Simple and mild products should do it for most people. This is one of those drugstore brands that just works. St. Ives obviously knows. They have been making it for many years, with little changing besides the packaging. Very happy they decided to create a squeeze bottle after all these years! No more hand in the pot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I never thought there would be a product that would top my scrub (Neutrogena blackhead eliminating daily scrub). I was planning to buy another Neutrogeana scrub since it was running out, but I noticed St. Ives. It was on sale for two for $6. Considering the Neutrogena scrub was about $7, I decided to give it a try.
Well, that was a great decision I made!
I had better results than the Neutrogena, blackheads are smaller and disappeared for me! Even if some blackheads are still there, it was easier to pop them.
The beads are large and feels like you're rubbing a whole bunch of dry hard sand on your face. But I love the feeling of it, oddly. It doesn't foam up like other cleaners.
I know the cleanser stated you should use this 3-4 days a week, but I'll admit I use this everyday. Probably not a good idea for some people, but my facial skin isn't sensitive at all and is pretty durable. But facial scrubs are known to break out those with sensitive skin. I did break out one time (it was the first time I started using it). Although I brought out, the pimple died really fast. Faster than normal too. So, my skin feels super smooth and is clear!
The smell, people like it, but I personally would like it more if it wasn't there. It smells odd...
Nonetheless, I love this and will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Infinity22

This product is really great for my skin. I leaves my skin clearer and fairer. It removes excess oil, to which my face is plenty of.

Too see my full review, follow this link..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by missdiva25

My face has been unbelievably dry lately due to my overuse of my topical acne medications. My face was flaky and dry, just plain gross looking overall. A few years back I used this product and it worked marvelously for my sensitive face. I picked this scrub up at the drug store and used it right when I got out of the shower. First, I used this scrub and then I washed my face with my Cerave cleanser (it is a mild one). When I looked in the mirror after washing my face, the flakes were gone and my skin was literally glowing. It looked healthy and repaired of damage. This scrub is my holy grail product and I wouldn't change a thing about it (:

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A good exfoliator. I use it in the shower it gets less messy.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product. I ended up giving my first bottle away, and repurchasing 6 months later hoping it would work this time. It did not. I have fair, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It feels great the first few times you use it--soft and smooth. After a week or so (washing with it only once every 2 or 3 days) I have white and blackheads all over, as well as sensitive red patches on my cheeks and near my eyes. I do not recommend whatsoever to people with sensitive or acne-prone skin. Right now, I've been washing my face with Dove's beauty bar (in white/original) and moisturizing with Complex 15 Daily moisturizing lotion twice a day. Seems to have cleared me up completely and I no longer have those pesky sensitive patches. Good luck to all the kids out there trying to achieve healthy, beautiful skin!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by AGray0000

This stuff has always broken me out. My skin is really picky with what I put on it. I can never wear blush or it's a guarantee I will break out on my cheeks. I always have to watch bodywashes and face washes or I will break out on my face and back. I don't see how more people arent complaining about it breaking them out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

Not an everyday face wash but perfect for twice a week use. Leaves my skin soft and and fades my acne scaring. I have been using this for almost 10 years and will continue to keep it in my routine.