April 16, 2014 | 906 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

I buy the small purse size tin of this every time I go to Mexico or am lucky enough to find it in my home town of Houston, TX... this is my go to creme for my cuticles and emergency hand lotion.

I use La Mer for my face and lip balm and the big difference is that La Mer is good for sun burn and dry spots.. Nivea is a very good moisturizer but I use it for a totally different purpose than La Mer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 6:16:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In my city, there is a wonderful German grocery/deli/assorted odds and sods small chain of stores that carries wonderful skin and body care products from Germany. It's where I get my Gehwol foot care products, Ombra creams, 4711 eau de cologne and many other terrific items including Nivea Cream made in Germany. My mom and my aunties used Nivea religiously when I was a kid, swearing it was every bit as good as the costly creams from Estee Lauder. Well, in many ways they were absolutely right.

I don't know if there is or isn't a difference between this cream made in N. America and the one made in Germany but this rich, thick cream with the familiar scent that is unchanged from my childhood, is a great multipurpose product. I use it on my dry, cracked feet, slip on some socks and wake up in the morning with much softer feet. When my knees get rough, on goes the Nivea and away goes the roughness. I use this on my neck and decolletage area with great results. In winter, when my skin is particularly parched-feeling, I'll warm the product in my hands (it is thick and I don't fancy rubbing it in vigorously on my face) and apply. Even my 19 year old son likes using this when his face is dry and chapped.

Don't get me wrong - this would never be my "go to" night or day cream but when my face needs it, it does the trick. And it's great for any other parts of you that get really dry, chapped and rough. I'll even smooth some over my hair if I've applied it to my hands - the residue smoothed over rough, winter-dried hair gives a nice bit of smoothness!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Pburns

Nivea products are amazing, so it's no surprise that I like this. It comes in a tub, and there are sizes that range from small to large. At first feels like really thick paste and you'll have to warm it in hands before it's spreadable enough to go on body, and even then you'll still have to work it in. It's very moisturizing and has a really pleasant powdery, clean smell. I really like this product and really recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to be completely honest, i used this on my face a lot for the first few days after i got it, and sadly it broke me out in painful pimples along my chin/cheek/jawline. But, i decided to stop that and just use it as a night cream, and wow...i usually wake up to my skin feeling dirty, sticky, and just like it needs to be washed badly..but when i used the nivea creme as a night cream, i woke up the next morning to INCREDIBLY soft skin, seriously it felt like baby skin (no joke). So i personally don't recommend using this as an everyday moisturizer, but as a night cream this stuff is seriously amazing. Oh and in case anyone is wondering, my skin is not acne-prone, and i don't breakout very often at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Mexican formulation, I got a 1 oz. tin for .99 and I hate it. Due to all the wonderful reviews I decided to give it a try, how I hoped it would have been a miracle cream! I used it 3 times on my cracked heels and this stuff actually dried them out even worse! I am glad I didn't buy the full size. I do love its creaminess and the scent is very nice, but I will not use again. Sorry Nivea!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Kikokrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Nivea. I love this product. Some background about my skin, i have sensitive ,combination, acne-prone skin. That likes to change according to the weather, so in the summer its more oily; and the wintertime dries my skin to flakes. And i also have eczema on my face. For a while i had such a difficult time finding a moisturizer that was perfect for me. Upon a whim, i found a little adorable tin of Nivea creme in my bathroom cupboard. Frustrated with my dry skin at the time i smothered this thick cream on my face and went to bed. Let me tell you...BEST THING I EVER DID. Absolutely amazing. I woke up with soft,supple, glowing skin. No grease ball face . It was everything i couldve asked for. A beautiful ,healthy sheen was left on my skin. I would repurchase over and over again. I even wear this before i put on foundation for smooth application. Its great for everything,especially a night creme . If there were two products i'd take to the grave it'd be Nivea creme and Vaseline. I cant wait to try the lighter version of this creme,i believe its Nivea Soft. It might be a wonderful daily moisturizer! 5/5 for Nivea Creme!:D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another 'throw-back' 'old-school' item, inexpensive enough to hunt down and try. I found 1oz/29g at 99cent store. Since reading reviews, apparently there is a German vs Mexican version. My packaging is the circular tin and reads Made in Mexico.

My face is doing too well to risk a new all over moisturizer but, If mature faces have not tried this as an OVERNIGHT EYE crème, do TRY IT. By lights-out, I've dabbed on two layers and by morning the softness and smoothness of delicate under eye skin it incredible. Fine lines are less apparent. Concealer and under-eye makeup go on effortlessly.

The $ news is, since playing with this, I haven't reached for my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - and haven't missed it:)

One con is I don't trust the packaging of the tin for a 'throw in the bag' item but as it sits on vanity, I'm reminded to apply nightly.
New nightly staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

We used to use Nivea Creme in India during winter .When i was little, we went on a vacation to a cold place. Obviously our skin was dry .Nobody had brought a moisturizer except my aunt .She had just one tin of Nivea.So she was like ' i'm gonna dip my fingers and give the cream to all. nobody is putting the fingers in it...' and she gave it to us.It was a life saver.I like this cream since then. but i always wished it came in a pump.Nivea people if you are reading this !!!
Another plus is it has citronellol which is an insect repellent...in India mosquitoes and flies are everywhere.So we just dab and go.
Smell is neither good nor bad...I don't actually mind it.
It does not have an SPF. So we've to use it only at night or underneath the sunscreen like a serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up for next to nothing and love the thick richness of the formula. Great on elbows, heels, and knees. My main use for this product is to slather in on my fingernails and cuticles when I get up so my manicure looks fresh everyday. I simply rub it in after I've done my makeup and my hands have had a mini makeover as well.

After removing my polish I apply it to my fingernails and cuticles to soften the overgrowth. Leave on for about 10 minutes and come in with my cuticle tool for super easy removal at the base of the nail.

For the price is a little miracle in a cute little tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

This review is for the German version in metal tin. I strongly believe there's a difference between the one in plastic tin from Mexico and this German one. The Mexican version is not bad but nowhere as creamy and moisturizing than the German one. This cream is fabulous for anyone with dry skin. I use it on very cold/dry days. The trick is however your skin has to be completely pat dry before you put this cream on. I also use it as foot cream. I put on my feet then socks before bed. My feet are nice and soft in the morning. I pay just under $20 for a big tin that lasts forever!