Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

From my past experiences with very oily skin I can not wear a powder foundation very well, until now! Once again I have tried d/s & dept store brands all of them have made my face oilier and pores larger looking except for this one. A follow MUAer recommended it to me & she was right! This is just as good as any dept store-MUFE, EL, LC, PX, Chanel, Clinique and a lot cheaper. I appreciate this product more in the cooler months but I do use it in the heat of the summer as well.

Great powder ! highly recommended it. Its "Oil Control/Fragrance Free", can't go wrong with that. Offers great colors, doesn't cake or turn orange. Also, didn't cause me to breakout. Best of all its unexpensive. I used to buy Lancome "Photogenic", its too expensive for a powder. I like Covergirl overall its so much better.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I liked this a lot! I got it after a failed attempt at using Covergirl Clean... This powder goes on evenly and is a good match for my skin tone. However, I start to get oily about 2 hours after I've put my makeup on, but that's probably because I have really oily teenager skin. All in all, I really like this! I think I'm going to try Outlast next though, and see which one I like better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am not a huge fan of CG, but when it comes to their powders...they have some good ones! The Trublend pressed powder is my fav. The color translucent honey is a very pretty match for me. Not enough coverage to wear alone or for major touch ups, but fabulous for finishing foundation in the morning....flawless!! I do recommend a powder brush over the pad though!! It really does standup to department store powders.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Goes on too much, i think. Wont buy because it made me break out EVERY time i used it. I even wore it alone to make sure that was the problem.
It lasts forever though, i never threw it away and it still isnt crumbling, etc.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

* got this in translucent light
* i am filipina aab with light-medium skin tone, yellow/slightly peach undertones

LOVE:
-this is great for setting makeup, makes it look more polished
-truly translucent, does not add/change color when layered with other makeup
-evens out skin tone
-does not look powdery or chalky
-controls oiliness but not for very long
-very affordable

HATE:
-packaging is SO tacky and cheap
-does not give your face a "glowy" look, just a very fresh, clean, slightly polished look (just like the way your face looks after you've just washed it) which can easily be accomplished by blotting with oil-absorbing film

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

SKIN TYPE: Combination/oily skin. Prone to breakouts. PROS: Lightly textured. Fragrance-free. CONS: A brush was needed for even application. Limited shade-selection. OVERALL: Does its job as a pressed powder. Didn't break out.

I have totally re-written my review of this powder. I compared it to Revlon's Colorstay powder in my original review and this Cover Girl powder just didn't keep my face matte all day, unlike Revlon. However, it makes my skin look like it is glowing and looks very natural, just not matte - more of a satin effect. This survived my standard makeup test (a full day at work plus a 30 minute walk home in the Florida sun) and my face still looked fresh and natural. The packaging is awful though. The silver plastic compact looks cheap and scratches easily. Also, my compact doesn't close properly when the sponge is inside. It seems to me like the sponge is too thick and there is no room in the compact for it. My powder therefore is always exposed to the air, and I don't know what type of effect this will be having on it's quality. I will repurchase as I love the glowy look this gives me, even if my face doesn't stay matte for long.

I used this along with the CG Trublend liquid foundation. It didn't help my oily tzone at all and it made my dry, acne prone cheeks even more dry and acne prone. If I put it on at 7 a.m. I could fry an egg on my face before 10 a.m. Plus I am super pale and the lightest color was too dark. The liquid worked well though and I am now using the Trublend powder foundation (it cuts a step out of my routine).

Lovely powder with minimal fragrance. Silky and easy to blend which looks quite natural. great price too. love it. my friend doesnt like it because she thinks it makes her look too pale...

Recommended for Normal Skin