November 23, 2014 | 1686 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This facial scrub has a light, pleasant smell and it feels nice when you're rubbing it in. The grains in the scrub are really fine. When you rinse this off you can feel how much softer your skin is. I really like this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rainshine

This is a scrub with very few scrubbing particles. It foams into a leather which I like and seems clay-based. It's okay as a foaming cleanser, but not scrubby enough as a scrub--so no rebuy. Plus, overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am seriously astounded to read all the negative reviews on this product- I am so in love with it! Granted it's harsher than many other scrubs, but that's because it really is closer to dermabrasion than just gentle exfoliating. Make sure to follow the directions: use first on DRY skin, then wet fingertips and do it again, then rinse off, then wash face and follow skin regimen as normal. My skin is a little pink afterward, but you can use it at night if it bothers you. I use it twice per week, and it keeps my acne down and my face baby-smooth. If you have super-duper sensitive skin, then you may want to go with a milder scrub (I like Arbonne), but for the rest of us, Modern Friction is a godsend! And yes, a little pricey, but you don't need to use that much, and one pot of it lasts me about nine months- well worth it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by starkssb

I decided to try clarins products to try to heal my face after using clinique acne solutions ( developed cystic acne from clinique). I had a severe reaction to this scrub it gave me a scalley bumpey rash all over my face shortly after using it, and it lasted for about a week. I have NEVER gotten a rash from skincare products. maybe clinique is to blame I dont know but know im afraid of clinique and overy "natural"skin products

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Bella08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this scrub. Helps with my discoloration and gives me great glow. Gentle on my skin as long as I only use it once a week. Got four lippes because it is in a jar which can be unsanitary and sometimes it is hard to wash off. Make sure you follow the directions correctly and start it on dry skin to see the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily acne prone skin and this worked wonders for me. I am left with scars from breakouts when I was in my teens so i needed a little help with that. This did an amazing job. I was always skeptical of scrubs because i was afraid it would irritate or damage my already sensitive skin. I was pleasantly suprised with this. Not only did it significantly help with the scars on my cheeks but it also does an incredible job of exfoliating. Leaves skin even and toned.Yes it is thick with scrubbing beads so I can see this being too harsh for people with super sensitive skin. But what do you expect from a dermabrasion treatment? I have very large pores and my skin can take alot so this did not bother me. I put this on my skin clean and dry and massage for about 2 minutes, then i add water and work into a lather. This works everytime. My skin feels soooooo soft afterwards. Never red or irritated at all. I follow with a toner and moisturizer and my skin feels like a baby! OMG! Many people complain about it burning their eyes, yes it sure will, but I always remove with a washcloth first then rinse and I have never burned my eyes. I have been using this for about 6 months, once a week and my skin has NEVER looked better. I use to have problem skin and now I actually get compliments on my skin. Thats a big Wow for me. This is about $30 but it will last almost a year. It did exactly what I wanted. Smells great and makes me feel I am pampering my skin. This along with the Queen Helene mint julep mask keeps my skin breakout free and absolutely flawless. No joke.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by weiwei2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product as a deep scrub-and found it felt good..although it is a little thick-I liked the way it felt but it did not feel abrasive enough for me-I have oily skin-and love to feel a deep cleansing scrub-I went back to St. Ives face scrub and the price is way cheap and does what it says it claims.
P.S. if this product gets in your eyes..up your nose..it stings bad! My eyes were burning for quite some time.
If your not use to exfoliating, and this product is used as instructed it may be perfect for you-just beware of getting it anywhere but your face!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by me2

I would never want to use this product again even if it is given to me free. It's harsh on my skin and it is not even do any exfoliating. It's impossible to spread evenly on my face. Hate the package. In short, if you must try, please try a sample to make sure you like it first.

DISAPPOINTMENT.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Barb2313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for it's exfoliating effects!! My skin is smooth, shiny (in a good, dewy way) and tighter after using it. My skin is naturally blotchy and oily; if I regularly use Modern Friction at least twice a week, I receive mega comments on how nice my skin is. I have never experienced any smell with the product, and yes, my skin does come up a little red and sensitive after using - because it's an exfoliater (!!!) - so I use it at night, go to bed, and all is well in the morning! The only downfall is the steep price, but it lasts and lasts, so it's well worth it to me. PS - Be sure to put it on dry skin, work it in in a gentle, circular motion all over your face AND THEN add water after a bit, continuing to work in - this gives the best result!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmmm. This product confuses me. I have slightly sensitive skin, so I dampened my face before applying it to make it not as harsh. While I was using the scrub it lathered up into a rich lather and I could certainly feel the large grained particles in this scrub going to work. After using this my skin felt amazingly soft, but it was also red and a little tight. However, when I was done with Modern Friction I used a toner then added a moisturizer. My skin went back to normal. Although my skin did feel soft after using this product, I am not sure if it was worth the money. I get the same effect rubbing salt and some water on my face. I don't think I will be repurchasing this product because it just isn't worth the money to me.