Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 7/25/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I had high hopes for this, it got nearly perfect reviews on the origins website. Problem is, it's just ok. And for $40, just ok is not good enough. I have large pores, acne scarring, and overall dull skin. And yeah, it seems to help those things but only temporarily. I use it a few times a week, which I think is more than suggested, because after a couple of days my skin starts looking dull again. I think it has helped with reducing pore size, but that's about it. I will see what happens when I run out and try some other products and maybe I will purchase again if those don't work out.

on 7/8/2010 4:58:00 PM

i love this scrub! at first, it was a bit harsh for my face, so it broke me out. but i think my skin is getting used to it (either that or i was eating too much fried food the week i got this :p), now i like feeling how smooth it is, i think my pores are a bit smaller too. i switch between this and Origin Out of Trouble Mask. so, pretty decent results.

on 7/2/2010 11:21:00 PM

I simply adore this scrub - take note that you're supposed to use this *dry* on your skin, rub it in a bit, then wash it off with warm water. A lot of people use it on a wet face and the results are not nearly as good. It was a bit hard to get used to putting this slushy stuff on and rubbing it around at first, but now that I am used to it I find it to be very effective and - the biggest selling point for me - the SMELL is DIVINE. Peppery and citrus-y, very unique and fresh; I can just screw the lid off the jar and take a whiff and I am instantly happy. Seriously, if they could put this into candle or perfume form I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat. Only thing I don't like is the packaging - I don't like any product that comes in a jar and requires me to dip my fingers in it all the time, just doesn't seem sanitary to me. But for something that smells this wonderful and works so well, I'll make an exception.

on 6/19/2010 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This facial scrub has a light, pleasant smell and it feels nice when you're rubbing it in. The grains in the scrub are really fine. When you rinse this off you can feel how much softer your skin is. I really like this stuff!

on 6/15/2010 11:53:00 PM

This is a scrub with very few scrubbing particles. It foams into a leather which I like and seems clay-based. It's okay as a foaming cleanser, but not scrubby enough as a scrub--so no rebuy. Plus, overpriced.

on 5/13/2010 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am seriously astounded to read all the negative reviews on this product- I am so in love with it! Granted it's harsher than many other scrubs, but that's because it really is closer to dermabrasion than just gentle exfoliating. Make sure to follow the directions: use first on DRY skin, then wet fingertips and do it again, then rinse off, then wash face and follow skin regimen as normal. My skin is a little pink afterward, but you can use it at night if it bothers you. I use it twice per week, and it keeps my acne down and my face baby-smooth. If you have super-duper sensitive skin, then you may want to go with a milder scrub (I like Arbonne), but for the rest of us, Modern Friction is a godsend! And yes, a little pricey, but you don't need to use that much, and one pot of it lasts me about nine months- well worth it!

on 5/10/2010 9:06:00 PM

I decided to try clarins products to try to heal my face after using clinique acne solutions ( developed cystic acne from clinique). I had a severe reaction to this scrub it gave me a scalley bumpey rash all over my face shortly after using it, and it lasted for about a week. I have NEVER gotten a rash from skincare products. maybe clinique is to blame I dont know but know im afraid of clinique and overy "natural"skin products

on 5/2/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love this scrub. Helps with my discoloration and gives me great glow. Gentle on my skin as long as I only use it once a week. Got four lippes because it is in a jar which can be unsanitary and sometimes it is hard to wash off. Make sure you follow the directions correctly and start it on dry skin to see the best results.

on 5/1/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily acne prone skin and this worked wonders for me. I am left with scars from breakouts when I was in my teens so i needed a little help with that. This did an amazing job. I was always skeptical of scrubs because i was afraid it would irritate or damage my already sensitive skin. I was pleasantly suprised with this. Not only did it significantly help with the scars on my cheeks but it also does an incredible job of exfoliating. Leaves skin even and toned.Yes it is thick with scrubbing beads so I can see this being too harsh for people with super sensitive skin. But what do you expect from a dermabrasion treatment? I have very large pores and my skin can take alot so this did not bother me. I put this on my skin clean and dry and massage for about 2 minutes, then i add water and work into a lather. This works everytime. My skin feels soooooo soft afterwards. Never red or irritated at all. I follow with a toner and moisturizer and my skin feels like a baby! OMG! Many people complain about it burning their eyes, yes it sure will, but I always remove with a washcloth first then rinse and I have never burned my eyes. I have been using this for about 6 months, once a week and my skin has NEVER looked better. I use to have problem skin and now I actually get compliments on my skin. Thats a big Wow for me. This is about $30 but it will last almost a year. It did exactly what I wanted. Smells great and makes me feel I am pampering my skin. This along with the Queen Helene mint julep mask keeps my skin breakout free and absolutely flawless. No joke.

on 4/29/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have used this product as a deep scrub-and found it felt good..although it is a little thick-I liked the way it felt but it did not feel abrasive enough for me-I have oily skin-and love to feel a deep cleansing scrub-I went back to St. Ives face scrub and the price is way cheap and does what it says it claims.
P.S. if this product gets in your eyes..up your nose..it stings bad! My eyes were burning for quite some time.
If your not use to exfoliating, and this product is used as instructed it may be perfect for you-just beware of getting it anywhere but your face!