July 28, 2014 | 1672 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by starkssb

I decided to try clarins products to try to heal my face after using clinique acne solutions ( developed cystic acne from clinique). I had a severe reaction to this scrub it gave me a scalley bumpey rash all over my face shortly after using it, and it lasted for about a week. I have NEVER gotten a rash from skincare products. maybe clinique is to blame I dont know but know im afraid of clinique and overy "natural"skin products

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Bella08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this scrub. Helps with my discoloration and gives me great glow. Gentle on my skin as long as I only use it once a week. Got four lippes because it is in a jar which can be unsanitary and sometimes it is hard to wash off. Make sure you follow the directions correctly and start it on dry skin to see the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by GREENGAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very oily acne prone skin and this worked wonders for me. I am left with scars from breakouts when I was in my teens so i needed a little help with that. This did an amazing job. I was always skeptical of scrubs because i was afraid it would irritate or damage my already sensitive skin. I was pleasantly suprised with this. Not only did it significantly help with the scars on my cheeks but it also does an incredible job of exfoliating. Leaves skin even and toned.Yes it is thick with scrubbing beads so I can see this being too harsh for people with super sensitive skin. But what do you expect from a dermabrasion treatment? I have very large pores and my skin can take alot so this did not bother me. I put this on my skin clean and dry and massage for about 2 minutes, then i add water and work into a lather. This works everytime. My skin feels soooooo soft afterwards. Never red or irritated at all. I follow with a toner and moisturizer and my skin feels like a baby! OMG! Many people complain about it burning their eyes, yes it sure will, but I always remove with a washcloth first then rinse and I have never burned my eyes. I have been using this for about 6 months, once a week and my skin has NEVER looked better. I use to have problem skin and now I actually get compliments on my skin. Thats a big Wow for me. This is about $30 but it will last almost a year. It did exactly what I wanted. Smells great and makes me feel I am pampering my skin. This along with the Queen Helene mint julep mask keeps my skin breakout free and absolutely flawless. No joke.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by weiwei2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product as a deep scrub-and found it felt good..although it is a little thick-I liked the way it felt but it did not feel abrasive enough for me-I have oily skin-and love to feel a deep cleansing scrub-I went back to St. Ives face scrub and the price is way cheap and does what it says it claims.
P.S. if this product gets in your eyes..up your nose..it stings bad! My eyes were burning for quite some time.
If your not use to exfoliating, and this product is used as instructed it may be perfect for you-just beware of getting it anywhere but your face!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by me2

I would never want to use this product again even if it is given to me free. It's harsh on my skin and it is not even do any exfoliating. It's impossible to spread evenly on my face. Hate the package. In short, if you must try, please try a sample to make sure you like it first.

DISAPPOINTMENT.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Barb2313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG for it's exfoliating effects!! My skin is smooth, shiny (in a good, dewy way) and tighter after using it. My skin is naturally blotchy and oily; if I regularly use Modern Friction at least twice a week, I receive mega comments on how nice my skin is. I have never experienced any smell with the product, and yes, my skin does come up a little red and sensitive after using - because it's an exfoliater (!!!) - so I use it at night, go to bed, and all is well in the morning! The only downfall is the steep price, but it lasts and lasts, so it's well worth it to me. PS - Be sure to put it on dry skin, work it in in a gentle, circular motion all over your face AND THEN add water after a bit, continuing to work in - this gives the best result!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmmm. This product confuses me. I have slightly sensitive skin, so I dampened my face before applying it to make it not as harsh. While I was using the scrub it lathered up into a rich lather and I could certainly feel the large grained particles in this scrub going to work. After using this my skin felt amazingly soft, but it was also red and a little tight. However, when I was done with Modern Friction I used a toner then added a moisturizer. My skin went back to normal. Although my skin did feel soft after using this product, I am not sure if it was worth the money. I get the same effect rubbing salt and some water on my face. I don't think I will be repurchasing this product because it just isn't worth the money to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

You need to wash your face with cold water after using this, because warm or hot water is just too harsh for your skin after using this, and don't ever get any of it in your eyes, it hurts so much.......

I think it can do a decent job at deep cleansing your skin, but I am worried that it's just too irritating, for the record though, it didn't really give me any trouble while I was using it regularly, I just stopped using it because I felt like I was slowly torturing my skin, hahaha.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

Oh dear. This product is exactly what I don't want in an exfoliating scrub. I have sensitive, blemish - prone skin and this did nothing but irritate it. The scrub itself is white, with small, but very harsh scrubbing granules in it. It smells extremely strong. I find the scent minty, however someone else compared the smell to chicken, so I suppose the way it smells is subjective! Just placing your nose to the open jar is enough to make your eyes water, so that should give you an idea as to how potent Modern Friction smells. The texture of the scrub is like a whipped pudding that is chock full of sand and tiny rocks. It's not terribly thick, and I would prefer if it weren't in a jar. Not very sanitary. Upon application to the face, I immediately felt a strong tingling sensation. I've used minty products like face masks before, but never have I felt a tingle like this! OMG, it was almost UNBEARABLE! It actually felt like my skin was burning. Sensitive skinned people take note! As I rubbed it in, the scrubbies felt very rough. I knew ten seconds in that this was too harsh for me. I walked into the Origins store to restock on my favorite Charcoal Mask, and I was hounded, almost bullied into buying this by a pushy male associate. I've worked in beauty and so I know when employees have an incentive or are being forced to push specific products. I could tell he was on a mission to sell as much Modern Friction as possible. I told him my skincare concerns and that I had actually used this scrub before and didn't like it, which was true. But he pushed, and pushed, and pushed! I learned a very valuable lesson. Never allow yourself to be pushed into buying anything that you have a feeling won't suit you. I gave this a chance and my skin was left red, redder than I've ever seen it before. My pores looked larger. After rinsing it off, my skin looked battered and beaten up. Nothing about this product was good for me. I have since returned this and will form now on, ALWAYS trust my instincts when shopping for beauty. Needless to day I was happy to get my $40 back!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by blannisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this, and my experience with this "scrub" was so funny/bad that I just had to write a review. First off, this smells EXACTLY like cajun chicken pasta I get at Tully's (restaurant by my house).. I found that very strange and unpleasant, but amusing.. but then when I got the tiniest bit into my nose and even my eyes started stinging (when I hadnt been using it anywhere NEAR my eyes) I actually started to suspect that perhaps this might truly contain some sort of cajun spice. Okay, probably not, but very strange. The other thing I really hated about this "scrub" was the ratio of exfoliating particles to the cream it is suspended in... um... there were maybe 15 beads total? How is that supposed to scrub anything? I have to just assume this exfoliant relies more on chemical properties than manual. Finally, after only having it on for a minute my face started to BURN. And nothing makes my face burn. I have the toughest skin EVER. So I guess that means it was working, but it was an awful feeling and I rinsed it right off. I probably wouldnt bother to try this again as I prefer a pleasant, relaxing feeling and smell when exfoliating my face.