July 24, 2014 | 1319 users online

Hair Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought a small bottle at my local drugstore for $20 and thought that was a bit pricey. I found out later I could buy a larger one for $17 at the local Costco.
My hair is very porous, dry, and frizzy at the ends from multiple bleaching sessions. I find that I need to use about a quarter size each use, but I have thick long hair which sucks every product up like a sponge.
I find that this product works best after a shower on damp hair, where I start at the bottom and I take the residue left after and put it on the top of my head as well (I do not get greasy hair that often from product in general). My hair does feel a lot nicer, looks shiny, as long as I let it air dry. It's not as perfect as I'd like it to be but I can compare it to the Chi Silk Infusion and say they are both around the same.
I have tried using smaller amounts on my hair when it is dry, and it gives a polished look, but sometimes feels a bit oily. After a few hours this goes away.
I would and do plan to buy this again because it does give me the appearance of shiny hair, and leaves my roots and bangs very soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

Love the smell of this product. I always get compliments on the scent whenever I use it on my hair. However, it is a bit pricey for the amount of product you get in the bottle. Clear, silky gel/fluid that adds lots of shine to your hair. Great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by glamourbomb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In a nutshell: Biosilk Silk Therapy does a fine job -- it does exactly what it advertises -- but keep reading if you want to understand how I use it and why I may not purchase it again when it runs out.

My sister turned me on to Biosilk Silk Therapy when she dyed my hair using a DIY at home box brand. She put it in at the end of the treatment and let my hair air dry. She also gave me about 2 oz for free with the advice to only use a little bit and that the entire bottle will last a very long time. (I think she said she had her current bottle for like 18 months or something like that.)

I've been using Biosilk Silk Therapy ever since but beware: Less is more!!!

I only use maybe 3 to 5 drops (less than a dime size) of the product. I start by freshly washed, towel blotted hair which means my hair is still damp.

Then I apply the product by rubbing it together in both hands and "praying" down my hair by starting at the ends and working my way up the mid section and never coming up more than 4 inches near my roots.

The results are soft, silky hair with a nice shine. In my case, it does not address any flyaways or frizzies.

If you use anywhere near your roots, it will suck. Your hair will appear greasy so just don't put it near your roots or like I've said before DO NOT USE a lot of it. Like maybe less than 5 drops max.

I don't like the smell of it though. The smell is also very strong and pervasive it interferes with my perfume.

While the product does it's job (as long as you follow the rule of "Less is more!!!") I probably will try something else when it runs out. My reasons are: a) the smell and b) the cost.

FWIW, I've heard that the original recipe has been changed and apparently this product is not what it used to be. Since I only started using it last year, I don't know if this is true.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's fine... But the moroccanoil is my absolute fave!! I also like the orofluido oil more than Biosilk.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my hair when its wet, I have long hair that is halfway down my back and this does a great job in keeping it smooth and shiny. I only need a quarter size amount for all of my hair. I am on my third bottle and I have been using this over two years now. The smell is strong at first but I find that it fades considerably once I blowdry my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by COLEENKB

I use this product every time I wash my hair. It is great at detangling and removing flyaway strands leaving a silky texture and shine. It only takes a dime size amount of the product per use so equates the price. One vial lasts a LONG time. Even with blowdrying, my hair feels naturally soft. I would recommend to anyone with color treated hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Pocketfulofsunshine

Great product. I have very dry, damaged hair, and it looks awful. This product completely changed it. You notice a difference right after using it! It helps hair to be silky and shiny. The only thing is, you mustn't use too much otherwise it will make your hair look oily and greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by siddakid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product and have been using it for a while.
It's good for dry hair and i use it a lot on my ends. It provides good shine as well.

The issue i have with it is it is quite heavy and makes your hair quite greasy and causes build up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

Great find you can often get a winners.
- nozzle sometimes gets plugged
- can cause build up (silicone product)
- adds great shine if you're using heat products
- not great frizz control
- finishes and defines a look
Over all it does what it says it will and smells pretty

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, this stuff smells awesome! I can't describe it accurately, but I feel like it'd be one of those scents where you'd either love it or hate it. I use this product any time really; any time I feel that my hair needs a bit more moisture. So after the shower, when my hair is dry, or when I just want some extra shine. I really enjoy this.

EDIT: This smells okay now, not like how I used to view it. And it's fine for how it works on my skin, but it doesn't have long lasting effects.