December 21, 2014 | 1543 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2005 4:53:00 PM More reviews by TD2135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have Olive, tan complexion, I definetly recommend this bronzer! It is gorgeous as a highlight & I use daily on my cheeks, nose & forehead. It gives a gorgeous, natural glow & I can't wait to try it in the summer when I have a little more color. A touch is all you need, so it's very long lasting. Pick it up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2005 4:29:00 PM More reviews by munchkinhead

This is my no.1 bronzer so far, you need a very light touch though otherwise it builds up and gives a very cakey effect. It makes you look so tanned as if you've just stepped off the beach. I am an NC30 and really compliments my skin tone. Brillant!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl83

I'm an lll/fff, C3 and at first I thought this would be too dark for me and look muddy but I was wrong! It's actually more sheer than it seems and it's gorgeous as a bronzer because it imparts a nice frostiness/shimmer. It doessn't look orangey or muddy; it looks more golden and peachy. This is LE and MAC doesn't usually have minerlized skinfishines so I definately recommend taking a look at this one! The packaging is simlar to their blushes but it's bigger and the powder is raised and dome shaped. *edited* i forget to add the reason for 4 lippes: it was because it's a lot more sheer than it seems.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 3:32:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very intimidating color in the pan and I wouldn't use it as an all over bronzer unless you are a person of color but for me as a blush and highliter of face areas that would catch the sun -- it can't be beat! I am a NC30 in the winter and NC35 in the Summer and this looks just fab on me as a blush! Not over the top on the sparkle (like some of the mineralize), not too pearly and deposits just the right amount of healthy color -- I would buy this again but since there is so much here that probably won't be necessary!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by camcam3

This just didn't work for me. I'm a NW43 GGG/DDD and this barely showed up on me. When i finally saw some color, there was too much sparkles. Paid 29.00 CAD for this.. it's going back to the pro store.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 4:05:00 AM More reviews by wongy74

Love this skinfinish! Very pretty pinky-bronze that looks great on my C3 skin tone. I love the shimmer too. Needs to be applied with a light hand or else looks cakey.

Weird thing... I got two of these, one as a backup. But the colors were really different- one was more pinky, while the other was more bronzy. The bronzier one looked muddy on me... maybe this is why some say that it looks muddy on them. The pinker one looks great though... So if you didn't like it, try it again. Be a pain and ask to see the new ones and pick the pinker So Ceylon... then you'll see what we're raving about! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jd-jd

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YES! A winner from the High Tea collection (unlike that dumb cup-and-saucer hat.) The So Ceylon skinfinish is a big dome of "mineralized" (read "shimmery") bronzer-blush that is a pinkish-bronze. For us pinkish gals with lighter skin, this is possibly the best blusher-bronzer, as it doesn't leave that dirty-face look of true brown bronzers. The shimmer is not overly noticeable, which is good for older gals with fine lines (where shimmer settles and looks pretty darn awful, as a rule.) The domed surface and large diameter make this easy to use with a big kabuki brush. It's easy to overdo this one (I had to rub off a bit of it my first try.) Lasted about 2/3 of the day. It looks especially nice with a pop of brighter blush over top on the cheekbone. Definitely a good one to try if you've been striking out on bronzers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I really like this shade. Looks like a shimmer bronzer shade but i actually get a very natural pink bronze blush shade. Looks very natural with my NC30 light olive skin tone. I was surprised that this product was pigmented enough to use as a blush or lightly as a bronzer. It does have alot of shimmer to it but I didnt think it was too much. I was thrilled with this product. Also lasted a good 8 hours on me and only faded slightly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Price: $26.00 (CDN)

This is much pricier than the usual MAC blush and with all the rave reviews I was expecting it to be spectacular. I was less than impressed with Porcelain Pink Skinfinish, and this color was also very disappointing. I used the MAC 187 to buff it on and it barely showed up on my NC30 skin. I noticed a bronze shimmer, but it took a lot of layering to get that effect. I tried again using the MAC 129 blush brush and the result was mildly better but not mindblowing. I cannot imagine using this all over my face because it gives my cheeks a very fake orange cast. To give any idea of how difficult this product was to work with, this is 10x sheerer than MACís Sheertone blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that So Ceylon Skinfinish was pretty scary looking to me when I first saw it. I was wondering why I got it.

When I tried it on, however, the effect was fabulous. Instead of the bronze glowy look of Gold Deposit from the Rococo collection, So Ceylon is a taupier color- cooler in nature.

If you have a warmer complexion it may not look as nice as Gold Deposit does.

I will add that So Ceylon from the High Tea collection that MAC put out, is best used with the MAC #187 brush. The light application is essential. This color is more pigmented than it's predecessors from the Rococo collection. You need to use a LIGHT touch.

My fair NW25 skin looks nice in it if I apply lightly, but too much and it looks, well, rather scary. On the other hand if you have darker skin, this might be a wonderful finish for you depending on your base tones.

Highly recommended! Looks wonderful if you keep a light hand. continued >>