October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

*** UPDATE ***

I'm so sorry I'm going to have to change my Overall Rating to a "2" instead of "5" and change repurchase to a "NO" - but my review changes are due to Lancome's formulation changes. Now packaged in a black tube, the re-formulation retains none of the positive qualities of the original, which made it my HG undereye concealer (see review below).

The new formula is sheer in coverage (no longer opaque), watery in texture (no longer creamy), and doesn't really cover/hide my undereye circles, but rather adds a white/dusty translucence to them. Horrible, definitely no longer worth the price. I'm actually sad because the original formulation was a miracle product that I used all through college and grad school and managed to look bright-eyed and awake despite being anything but. Cheaper DS concealers perform better than this, and I must now resume my quest for the perfect undereye concealer.

I hadn't noticed the formula changed until I saw the new package arrive in my order from Lancome, and used it one day. After doing my makeup I wondered why I looked SO tired, and realized that the formulation of this product did seem different. I never ever add additional base products after finishing my face, it's more of an "oh well! just remember for next time!" approach..especially with concealer, I can add some highlighter on the inner corners to compensate for the lack of undereye circle coverage. But not with this. I most certainly HAD to apply additional concealer and re-powder - it was that bad! If i can find the old version I would repurchase though! HTH

_________________________________________________________________________

This is the best concealer ever! If you have dark circles - you need this! This product is specifically for undereye circles, if you have blemishes and find this isn't doing the trick for you - you might want to try their concealer in the tube with the wand.

This is basically opaque, and covers my under-eye shadows completely! It's also waterproof so it's longwearing, and it has never creased or faded on me. I always knew how great this concealer was and loved it, but last year when I was really busy and had super long days, I would apply this at around 7 a.m. or earlier, and at 2 a.m. when I was going to take a shower, I would see in the mirror how the rest of my face had faded and worn off, but my eye area still looked smooth and perfect. So, yes, it also conceals tiredness.

However, because this is so opaque, it definitely needs to be worn with a full face in my opinion.

It's expensive, but you can check some of the discount stores to get it. The price is worth it to me because it lasts kind of a long time, and I need it. It's hard to look for and get something else knowing that this provides exactly what I'm looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this concealer ever since I was about 13 or 14 (whenever I started getting bad acne). I love this concealer and have never found anything better. It's good for dabbing on pimples as well as covering up dark under eye circles which I have. I just hate how expensive it is. It does last me a while though so it's worth it, but I hate having to fork over $30 for concealer. The price is the only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by yunnyunn

Like it alot, been using it everyday for a week now. So far the best of all the one I tried. Covers dark circles with just a thin layer, so the tube will last me a long time. Is it waterproof? I don't think so but with primer it does last a full day with no touch up necessary. It does not cake but does fall into my fine lines just a tiny bit. It's a bit expensive but think it worth the money. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by jacq1985

I love this. Okay, no, it's not going to 100% reduce your undereye circles. It's not completely opague. I use this over my primer, before I apply my foundation. I put the tiniest amount on both ring fingers (it's super concentrated and will last forever), and lightly pat it into my undereye area. I use Beige 3, despite being super fair skinned (NC 15 is a tad too dark for me). This color neutralizes my dark undereye area, and makes a great base for my foundation. Once I apply my foundation, I take a little extra and pat it into my undereye area over the effacernes. Last, I use an undereye concealer that has a brightening affect, and I'm all set.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This concealer has been my best friend over the years and if I had to choose only one makeup product for the rest of my life, it would be this. I have very dark, genetic brown circles around my eyes and this stuff is my lifesaver since I was about 11 years old (I'm 30 now). I have strayed many times simply to try new products, but have ALWAYS come running back to this. It has buildable coverage if you use thin layers and give it a few seconds to set and always looks very natural applied with a fingertip - it melts in and looks just like skin. I usually top it off with some powder of some kind while I'm adding it to the rest of my face (Geographx mineral makeup goes beautifully on top of this, as does Laura Mercier's face powder) and once set, it stays on my face all day (and night if I "forget" to wash my face!) and has worked beautifully for me as an eyeshadow primer. The key to using this is to use very little at a time and help it set with a little bit of powder. Also, this tends to not look natural if applied on top of a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Lovexandxart

a marvelous product, i already use this concealer for around a year and it is great, just one quick tip, don't use to much of it cuz at one point it won't stick to the skin anymore, great alternative for people who don't like foundation !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by cinders87

I have dark under eye circles. My eye area has fine lines and gets very dry compared to my oily/combination skin. This product matched my fair skin tone, but I will be taking it back because it is too drying. I used my normal moisturizer, benefits eye primer, and even a little makeup forever primer, but it was still too drying. It has pretty good coverage, but I'm not willing to keep a pretty good / drying product for the price. I wouldn't buy it again if it was cheap either on that note...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I have been lemming this for years, but was always reluctant to pay the $30. Finally broke down after SA applied it to me (altho I did purchase for less $ on ebay from a reputable seller). Porcelaine I and Ivorie both work for me.

Other than having a slightly thicker consistency, I cannot tell the difference between this and my current HG, Vichy Dermablend (see separate review). This covers well, lasts all day, doesn't cause my waterproof mascara to run (I'm looking at you SK) but for all the extra $, I expected it to cover BETTER than Dermablend. For several consecutive days, I work Dermablend under my left eye and Effacernes under my right - couldn't tell the difference even by days end. Neither COMPLETELY erase my dark circles, but both do a very good job.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price; I won't repurchase, but I'm glad I got to try. I deducted 1 lippie for the regular price being too hi IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by hannah0930

I just bought this concealer in beige 3 and it matches my skin color perfectly and it blends well and doesn't crease. I recently purchased the Cle de Peau concealer and was so disappointed . In the summer i opt for medium bisque when tanned but i have fair skin and this is the perfect color and lasts all day and doesn't cake at all !

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by portakalis

Its expensive, bought it for 23 Euros. It does blend well but coverage is very low. After a few hours you can see it sets in lines. I was very happy with Estee Lauder Double Wear but couldn't find it in the store so I listened the sales asistant's advice.. I am very dissappointed with this Lancome product.