Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Rose Water, Sunflower Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Bees Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Seasame Oil, Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut Oil, Glucose, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, Willow Bark Extract, Calendula Flower Extract, Plantain Leaf Extract, Lady's Mantle Leaf Extract, Rose Oil, Neroli Oil, Borage Oil, Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Rosemary Extract, Vegetable Oil, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase (Natural Enzymes)

on 3/9/2006 3:54:00 PM

I repurchased this item primarily because of its fragrance of lavender ect..
Itís also moisturize the skin well. The color of both the package and the cream is natural and cute.
I agree with the point that the fragrance is too strong. So I use it at night only.

on 3/8/2006 1:05:00 PM

I have very dry cracked hands. After using this product for 1 day my hands have greatly improved, almost look normal. I don't find the smell offensive and it does leave a greasy layer at first but this disappears after a few minutes. My skin is very sensitive and it doesn't aggravate it at all. Excellent!

on 3/2/2006 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This thing smell awful! I don't know if it is a good moisturizer or not, but it just smell so bad that I have to wash it off immediately. I think I can easily get other hand cream with much better smell, same moisturizing level, at same price too.

on 2/25/2006 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This hand creme moisturises well, but I'm not a fan of the menthol scent. It also leaves my hands a little greasy.

on 2/23/2006 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I HATE this product! It smells like an old lady vapor rub. I also found it dried my hands out! Terrible product. Will not buy again.

on 2/20/2006 12:22:00 PM

Most wonderful hand cream I have found, and I have tried many! This thick cream absorbs well and only a tiny pea sized amount is needed. It has a very herbally smell which might bother some. I usually have very cracked and dry skin in the winter, but my hands have been so soft and smooth! After you rub it in, it seems to have a light film that sits on the skin. It goes away after a few minutes though. I will definitely get more when I run out.

on 2/12/2006 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

not hydrating enough for dryness in the winter. the strong medicine odor also didn't appeal to me. no repurchase here.

on 1/18/2006 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This looks like butter. As others have noted, it does have a strong smell. It is very thick but eventually sinks into the skin. Like most of Burt's products, the smell of this stuff is starting to grow on me. Even my dry heels were smooth as silk. Though not labeled for sunscreen, this does have some natural sunscreening agents in it, such as shea butter, sesame oil, cocoa butter and vit. E. I think if more people knew how amazing this ingredient list is and what it can do for your skin (do a search online for the skin benefits of each of the ingredients), they would quickly adapt to the smell, lol. I even put some of this in my hair as I finger-style and it makes my hair luscious! **Update - My hands look younger, smoother, softer and a scar about 2 years old is shrinking since I've been using this hand cream. I think I need to stockpile this cream!

**Here is the full ingredient list: Rose water, sunflower oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), beeswax, vegetable glycerin, sesame oil, shea butter, tocopherol (vitamin E), cocoa butter, macadamia nut oil, glucose, rosehip seed oil, lavender oil, willow bark extract, calendula flower extract, plantain leaf extract, lady's mantle leaf extract, rose oil, neroli oil, borage oil, sucrose stearate (sugar emulsifier), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), rosemary extract, vegetable oil & beta carotene, xanthan gum (natural thickener), sodium borate (natural borax), glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes).

on 1/14/2006 10:11:00 PM

I thought this was a really good, effective hand cream. I really like the texture. But I didnt like the smell and sometimes it was embarrassing to put it on, say in a car full of people cause of that. So its a good hand cream for when others aren't around!!! ahahaha. no but I love the feel of it.

yuck--smells awful! my friend said it smells like dirt. it reminds me of my freshman year of college when i was surrounded by patchouli wearing 2nd generation hippies, which is much of the reason i left that school after one year. no thanks.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products