October 30, 2014 | 1714 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2005 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Lily212

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG night cream! I can't believe how great my skin looks in the morning after using this at night! It is humid out now so I wouldn't use during the day but once winter hits and I am more dry I may-no SPF though. I am 42 and I feel like this is turning back the clock on my skin! I just called my older sister and told her to buy some right away to see if she has the same result. I will update when she gives me her review. I wish it was in a tube and not a jar for hygiene sake but I will definitely repurchase. I am now going to try a bunch of other Alba products to see if they are as good. I love that they are natural and yet seem to work like a high end chemical based product! Can't beat the price, that's for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by cclark02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great nightime moisturizer at a great price. I have tried so many products and have spent so much money on products that have disappointed me. It just goes to show that you don't have to spend a ton of money for a great product. I have oily skin and this has not caused any breakouts. I love that this sinks right in the skin. This has some great ingredients, this is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by shauna23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product. I love this whole product line. It could be a little more moisturizing, but that's the only thing I dislike about it. You won't find a more gentle renewal cream!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2005 1:38:00 PM More reviews by hilljstr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this cream for a week, but so far, I am really pleased with the product. I bought this cream for night use, because it has no SPF, and I was hoping the richer moisturization would help alleviate rough patches around my nose, and periodic breakouts on my forehead (which seem to be caused by my taught dry skin somehow). It hasn't broken me out at all, even though it does contain several oils. Some red marks from previous breakouts seem to have quickly faded. I love the way it leaves me skin feeling silky but not slick. The price is not bad, especially considering what dept. store brands with similar ingredients would cost. I do wish it came in a pump or a tube instead of a pot though, to avoid contamination. **EDIT: I should have waiting longer before writing my earlier review. I think the jar packaging caused this product to degrade, because after a few weeks of use, I noticed I was getting small red bumps on my cheeks, and breakouts seemed to increase. Also research on DMAE is now mixed, so I will not repurchase**

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kkeria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read Dr. Perricone's book a couple years ago and had wanted to try the things he mentioned (namely DMAE, topical vitamin C, and alpha lipolic acid) but back then the only person who sold products with these ingredients was him and I found it to be just too expensive. My mother started (somehow) on his products and loves them, so my search began again and I came across this cream. I also liked the fact it has natural ingredients (of which 76% are organic). Well, I've used it four nights in a row and I absolutely love it. My skin is as smooth as ever and it has helped even out my skin tone tremendously. A couple old acne scars have faded down to the point where I no longer need concealer to cover them. I use Korres creams during the day and although I love them, this has the active ingredients Ive been looking for. Between the Korres creams and this my skin is looking better than it has in years. I don't find it to be too heavy in the least either. I have combination skin that can get congested easily and I'm willing to bet that I could wear this during the day without a problem. But my Korres creams work so well (and have light SPF making them perfect for day time) that I don't think I'm about to switch to this cream exclusively.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by serobins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A nice moisturizer that leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized - but not greasy. A good night time moisturizer at the price for those who insist on organic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a sucker for anything with "sea" in the name, though I don't really have a good reason why. At any rate, I was hesitant to buy this, lest is turn out to be a repackaged version of the Ultra Pure Moisture Cream, which I didn't really like. The ingredients are quite different, however, and the pretty green jar appealed to my crow-like nature.

It's a thick cream that goes on smoothly and sinks in well, though it takes a few minutes. It does have a very strong scent, like herbal cologne, so you should definitely open it up in the store and smell it before you buy it. Though my skin can be sensitive, this hasn't irritated it (or my eyes) so far.

It claims to moisturize, antioxidize, and firm, but for the most part it just seems to moisturize (I really can't measure whether it "antioxidizes"). My skin looks glowy but not shiny, and the irritated areas around my nostrils (from fall allergies) are soothed and reduced.

The price seems reasonable for such nice ingredients, and it seems like you don't need to put on a ton each time, so it should last a while. Overall, a good fall/winter cream so far, for day and/or night.

Ingredients: Certified Organic Aloe Vera and Lavender Hydrosol (Lavandula Officinalis), Certified Oranic Oils of Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius), Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis), and Avocado (Persea Gratissima), Vegetable Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitol, Stearyl Alcohol, Organic Marine Complex: Chondrus Crispus (Irish Moss), Dermochlorella (Algae), Enteromorpha Compressa (Algae), Laminaria Digitata (Kelp), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp), Spirulina Maxima (Algae), and Ulva Lactuca (Sea Lettuce), DMAE, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Certified Organic Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol Methyl/Propylparaben, Grapefruit Extract (Citrus Grandis), Botanical Fragrance

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No