December 21, 2014 | 867 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the Tea Tree range from The Body Shop is for oily/blemished skin. i have normal skin but i wanted to try the Tea Tree Oil, coz my friend recommended this to me. i rarely get spots, but when i get them i want to treat them. i have tryed different spot treatments, usually with a gel/cream consestancy. its really nasty when the gel dryes and you try to apply makeup on top of it. its okay first but in about 1 hour, the makeup on top of the blemish treatment will start to flake off! so i was really excited that this is actually an oil. the packaging is small its like 10ml and the cap is littlebit annoying. you have to press it first down and then swirl it off. you have to pour the oil of the bottle and you might waste the product littlebit while trying to get it out. i use a cotton pad and drop about 3-5 drops on there and then dap it on my blemishes after the moisturizer. i use it only at the night time. its so good! my blemishes dryed up instantly and theyr much smaller and lighter, thanks to the Tea Tree Oil! i totally love this. it smells really good, but if you have sensitive nose, this strong smell might bother you. this isnt sticky and this doesnt dry up my skin, it actually moisturizes it. in Finland this is 6 and its propably littlebit expensive, coz this product doesnt last so long time atleast on me, but its worth it! defenetly worth of trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Until I found Jason's pure tea tree oil, this was my favourite spot treatment. As is, I still use it instead of Jason during the day time, because it is a bit less oily and I can therefore put concealer over it more easily. It dries up the zit and clears it away. My only real gripe with the Body Shop's tea tree oil is the price. $8 for such a tiny bottle when I can pay $10 for a bottle three times the size (TBS = .33oz, Jason = 1oz) seems a little steep. But when this stuff goes on clearance, I pounce on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by anyeji

I love this oil! It is super strong, so I usually only use one drop on a cotton swab for my whole face! I use it as a spot treatment, and when pressed into the skin, it stings a bit. I love the feel of this oil, and I see the results of it when I wake up in the morning! My face became used to this product after a while however, so I stopped using it for a bit, but when I started again, it had the same effects it had of when I just used it!

I love it!!! For $9, it really does last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by preciousbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wish i could love it, but the smell! its so strong. I usually can stand strong smell, but this one, the smell? I cannot stand it. When at the store, i opened it and smell it, i thought i could get over with the smell. Bought it, came home and put it on my face, it was on for my face more then 20 minutes and the smell didn't go away, feel like i was going to vomit, so i gave up, and ended up washing it off my face.

Don't like, Regret buying it, don't know what i'm going to do with it, luckily, the price was just average, though 9 buck for it is still bit pricey for me. Don't know what i'm going to do with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the tea-tree oil for an overnight moisturizer: I prepare 10ml of almond oil with 3 drops of tea-tree oil. That gives you at least two weeks of daily treatment.
A little goes a long way since it is oil, but it works wonders to purify and moisturize the skin. A bit like Decleor.
I have combination/oily skin, with sensitive areas, and it makes my skin glowy and clear.
Maybe it's not good for skins with a tendancy to break-out though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by uberuninspired

this dries my pimples slowly without drying my skin. i actually like the smell, and how it feels on my skin - really calms my pimples. I'm fine with the time it takes to eliminate my blemishes as long as it doesn't dry my skin. The price is reasonable, and i got it at 20% discount as our local Body Shop is having a sale. If you use this after the mask from the same range, the results are better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by gbb333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a couple of months now. At first I used it diluted as a way to prevent pimples... bad idea! The next morning I woke up and my T zone was very red, sensitive and had little red bumps all over. Now I use it as a spot treatment and it works wonders. I have never had a pimple since; everytime I feel one is about to appear I wear this at night and the next day it's gone.
Pros:
- Very cheap and lasts a long time
- Visibly reduces my pimples overnight
Cons:
- Very strong smell
- Possibly not recommended for sensitive/dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by CHARLENE314

This works so good on me. I use it as spot treatment first, then mix one drop with lotion to apply on my face. I would say this is one of the two acne treatment that actually work on me. (The other one is from H2o, but its discontinued)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked how well this product worked. It doesn't feel greasy at all and absorbs pretty quickly.

The smell dosen't bother me at all, because it goes away very quickly.

I bought this 2 days ago and most of my acne has started clearing up.

I think it's worth the price, because tea tree oil you buy from other stores are greasy and can make your acne worse, because it clogs your pores.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. It is hard to get the tea tree oil out with the plastic hole that it has. I really wish that they would include something that helps you put on the oil.

I would buy this product again because it is really effective and lasts a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by halfangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I heard about tea tree oil for long time, but just give it a shot lately. I bought it like 6 months ago, but never use it daily, only when I have blemish I will apply it until it disappear. I apply it using my clean finger since I though using cotton or qtip only will waste the product.

Pros:
1. I did not find any.

Cons:
1. Smell horrible. I hate it smells, I can't find any word to describe the smell.
2. It do nothing on me. I keep using it, but I don't really feel that it helps to dry my acne.
3. Yes, it is not very expensive, but trust me it doesn't worth every penny of your money.

I definitely will not repurchase it, just waste my money. I give it a try like 4 or 5 times, and it never work. Every time I have blemish and apply it, it took more than1 week to make it dry, just like if I'm not apply it.