October 25, 2014 | 923 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the tea-tree oil for an overnight moisturizer: I prepare 10ml of almond oil with 3 drops of tea-tree oil. That gives you at least two weeks of daily treatment.
A little goes a long way since it is oil, but it works wonders to purify and moisturize the skin. A bit like Decleor.
I have combination/oily skin, with sensitive areas, and it makes my skin glowy and clear.
Maybe it's not good for skins with a tendancy to break-out though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by uberuninspired

this dries my pimples slowly without drying my skin. i actually like the smell, and how it feels on my skin - really calms my pimples. I'm fine with the time it takes to eliminate my blemishes as long as it doesn't dry my skin. The price is reasonable, and i got it at 20% discount as our local Body Shop is having a sale. If you use this after the mask from the same range, the results are better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by gbb333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a couple of months now. At first I used it diluted as a way to prevent pimples... bad idea! The next morning I woke up and my T zone was very red, sensitive and had little red bumps all over. Now I use it as a spot treatment and it works wonders. I have never had a pimple since; everytime I feel one is about to appear I wear this at night and the next day it's gone.
Pros:
- Very cheap and lasts a long time
- Visibly reduces my pimples overnight
Cons:
- Very strong smell
- Possibly not recommended for sensitive/dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by CHARLENE314

This works so good on me. I use it as spot treatment first, then mix one drop with lotion to apply on my face. I would say this is one of the two acne treatment that actually work on me. (The other one is from H2o, but its discontinued)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked how well this product worked. It doesn't feel greasy at all and absorbs pretty quickly.

The smell dosen't bother me at all, because it goes away very quickly.

I bought this 2 days ago and most of my acne has started clearing up.

I think it's worth the price, because tea tree oil you buy from other stores are greasy and can make your acne worse, because it clogs your pores.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. It is hard to get the tea tree oil out with the plastic hole that it has. I really wish that they would include something that helps you put on the oil.

I would buy this product again because it is really effective and lasts a long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by halfangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I heard about tea tree oil for long time, but just give it a shot lately. I bought it like 6 months ago, but never use it daily, only when I have blemish I will apply it until it disappear. I apply it using my clean finger since I though using cotton or qtip only will waste the product.

Pros:
1. I did not find any.

Cons:
1. Smell horrible. I hate it smells, I can't find any word to describe the smell.
2. It do nothing on me. I keep using it, but I don't really feel that it helps to dry my acne.
3. Yes, it is not very expensive, but trust me it doesn't worth every penny of your money.

I definitely will not repurchase it, just waste my money. I give it a try like 4 or 5 times, and it never work. Every time I have blemish and apply it, it took more than1 week to make it dry, just like if I'm not apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iíve been using this every night for the last 3 weeks and only skip it 1 night. It works very slowly.
This product comes in a small green-glass bottle. You get 13 ml for 6 euros, and it is only 15% tea tree oil. Itís supposed to help drying the blemishes, but itís not very fast doing it. At first I used cotton pads but then I changed to q-tips to apply it. With the cotton pads you end up using too much product and the q-tips just absorb a drop or two, but then get dry very quick when you apply it to your skin, so maybe you have to re-apply if they get dry too fast.
The best thing about this product is that it really helps drying the blemishes (slowly, but faster than not using it), but it does not dry the rest of the skin (I thought it could happen when I used cotton pads).
I guess I wonít be buying it again because I will try to find 100% tea tree oil and see if it makes any difference.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by t03y03l

I started to use it about a week and I think I haven't see any significant result since my face always broke up since I use EMC........

But I noticed a little change on my blemished, it dries slowly (not as fast as I want) but it does calm down my acne, and my cystic acne too (but again it's not as fast as I want). It takes time, so I'll finish my bottle and maybe will repurchase again if it really works. I use q tips on each of my pimples every night.

So Now I think I give up for beauty products that add "miracle" inside their campaign because it's too good to be true....

13.08.2010: I use it every night as a night serum and day before I put my bb cream. Felt good....hopefully it will help my very blemished face....

It's not..... I confused with my face. Think imma back to my old routine

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Holamandy

On the whole it's an average product. helps clear pimples but occassionally makes them worst. I think it just speeds up the pimple drying process so that's ok.

However it's quite expensive considering thursday's plantation tea tree oil is pure and way cheaper =P

won't be repurchasing this as it's too expensive and not as effective as other pimple fighting products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by emthu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as a spot-treatment - not every night so it's lasted me several months now. It's effective at drying out blemishes, not the best but it does the job.
Terrible packaging though. I wasn't sure how to extract the oil at first - and often will spill way too much out. I'm still using it for those emergency breakouts but won't be repurchasing this product.