August 21, 2014 | 1734 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This is an amazing lip balm. I recently found a set of three at Winners for $6 and I thought that was a good deal considering it costs more than $6 at Shopper's Drug Mart. When you first apply the lip balm, it gives you a nice, cooling, tingly feeling that lasts for a couple of minutes. The lip balm itself is quite waxy and thick but after a while it softens up and I've gotten used to it. This lip balm will also last a long time. After a few days of use my lips were soooo soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by girl923

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm treats dry and chapped lips well. It glides on easily and doesn't feel waxy. Some might like to cool minty tingling sensation it leaves on the lips but I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after recently using Burt's Bees Honey Lipbalm & I am hooked on both. This product has a cool tingly feeling when first applied & leaves your lips feeling plump & hydrated. It is quite waxy (hence the beeswax, which I like) so it lasts for quite a long time. Will definitely be repurchasing this & the honey version in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:07:00 AM More reviews by tattoobaby

I've always had chapped lips, maybe because of the climate I live in, or it's just me. However, I absolutely hate most lip products. I have tried many products in order to change my horribly chapped lip situation, from regular classic Chapstick to fashionable EOS to expensive Mary Kate lip treatments/lip balm. After seeing several people use this product, I decided to grab one during my night time stroll. I didn't think much because the design is very old fashioned and I hate the color, however, the inside makes up for it. This product is great. It's not too glossy nor heavy. It's minty and fresh and my lips absorb it quickly. I would repurchase this product, definitely. My lips look fuller and feel incedredibly soft. This is a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by basicave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to have very dried chapped lips all year a couple years ago in my teenage years, luckily I've outgrown that. During that time I've tried so many lip balms including many different types of chapstick including the medicated one which worked alright, soft lips, carmex, nieva, blistex, recently EOS and so many others I can't count. I hated that feeling of lip balm just sitting on top of your lips, felt like it never soaked in, and lips were still always chapped. Chapped lips is not pretty and feels awful.

Then I tried Burt's Bees and never used another lip balm since. This is the only one that when applied felt like it didn't just sit on the lips but soaked in and help hydrate my lips. I love the slight minty feeling which feels amazing when applying to chapped lips. I've used this for about 4 years now and still love it and make sure I am stocked up with back ups whenever running low. I always have several open, one in my purse, one in my backpack, and one at home so I will never be without it.

Although a bit pricier (usually running $3) than some of the dollar lip balms, it's worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
-The smell is really nice! Minty, herbal smell. I wasn't sure what beeswax would smell like but I was pleasantly surprised lol
-The packaging is small and compact. Easy to take with you.
-Easy to find. I've seen it at cvs, walmart, walgreens, target, ect.
-Cheap! Got mine for 2 bucks.

CONS:
-The texture is not the nicest. Kind of waxy (go figure, its beeswax). Not very smooth.
-I don't like how it feels on my lips. I love hydrating chapsticks that feel nourishing. This one just isn't it.
-Didn't make a difference in my lips. Kind of dried them out a bit.

I have yet to find anything that compares to my CARMAX lip balm. This isn't the greatest chapstick out there. Expected a bit better from burts bees because they do make nice products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I'm not a fan of this lipbalm,it's too waxy and heavy on the lips and also it's not as moisturizing as I would like it to be. will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by LadyMidnight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They changed the formula to Burts Bees since it was bought out by Clorox. I find it a lot more drying and it smells weird now.

If you're not happy with the new formula I found a better alternative: it's called Sierra Bees and you can buy it as Iherb (I got it as a free gift with purchase). Natural ingredients and works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by xBeautyaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a bit pricey for a lipbalm but so worth it. It may kind of burn if your lips are VERY VERY dry and you bite/lick them a lot but it does restore your lips to their natural state and is AMAZING. Definetly re-purchasing and highly recommend

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

For me the product isnt worth the hype. Its too waxy and the after 30 mins my lips starts to dry again the only thing I love about this product is the smell. Will not repurchase again.