MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 8/18/2010 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It's a good Mac lipstick, quality wise and even colour wise, just not for me. I had to swap this away. I was hoping for sexy lips, but got more orange/brown lips. But for people with different colours this could be great, I actually tried it on my boyfriend just for fun and it looked great on him. Maybe I have too lightly pigmented lips or maybe I'm too pale or something or just too cool.

on 8/8/2010 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

love this lipstick im a mac C40 its a beautiful light peachey brown nude highly pigmented it cancels out the colour in my lips which is more pinky purple tis not drying and is long lasting, i line my lips with rimmel tiramisu lip pencil which is the best lip liner in the world and quite similar to this lipstick in colour. i find with this lipstick I can pair lots of different glosses on top to create different shades dependant on outfits boy bait to be completely nude or dabs of other bright pink or coral glosses, its a good base to bring out the colour of your lipglosses which can sometime get lost on bare lips. a bit of lippy under your gloss also increases lasting power and makes lipgloss look even and smooth

on 8/3/2010 12:43:00 PM

great color!!! makes my lips feel a bit dry but I apply a gloss on top, so I'd still buy it again because i love the color!

on 7/15/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my weekend/casual Friday-t-shirt-and-sneakers lipstick. Its a bit darker than the website swatch, so be aware of that if you plan to purchase online. I just bought a new one this morning, so it doesn't look like its been discontinued. Lovely colour, I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone. Its a sort of coral tone on me. Nude, but better. I don't find it as drying as some of the other mattes (such as Ruby Woo) which makes it more wearable. Speaking of wear, this wears beautifully, only needing occasional touchups. Love it. :)

on 6/14/2010 4:34:00 PM

This lipstick has to be one of the most drying/line emphasizing lipsticks ive used. Its a matte lipstick which tends to be more drying but this was extreme.I also tired to put lip balm on b4 i would apply this lipstick which still wouldnt work...wasnt creamy but one pro to it was that it was very long lasting or else i would have given it a 1

on 6/5/2010 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the formula to this product, however it was wayyyy darker than the website image. Somewhat disappointed, though still very nice shade with a little "Equality" over top of it.

on 4/30/2010 2:44:00 PM

omg, im so in love with this lipstick! love the colour, love the formula, love everything about it. i would definitely repurchase this item.

on 3/5/2010 7:14:00 PM

This is one of my HG lipsticks! I'm surprised to see people calling it peach as it pulls clearly pink on me. I'd call it a pinky nude. Very natural and just beautiful. This and Cherish are the only nude lipsticks I can get to work for me (Cherish being peachy and this one being pinky) I love the matte texture and don't find them drying at all. They last like nobody's business! This one just screams "give me a smokey eye to go with"! Perfect in every way.

on 2/25/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Backups in place for this color as always.

This is a nude peachy/pink MATTe (which I love). It works well straight on or as a stain. Any pink/peach or coral gloss works beautifully with this -- I especially love C Thru.

The color works on all skin tones -- I have used it on myself and on clients.

on 2/24/2010 7:38:00 AM

I really love this color. With that said, I do have one major complaint about the color. I find that if I liberally apply this color on dry lips, I end up looking clown like a lot of lipstick on my face. So, I always have to make sure that I put a moisturizer on my lips before I put this on and make sure that I don't put too much on. A MAC sales person told me that they only carry this color through the website and not through their counter. This is still one of my favorite lipsticks to turn to though.

Popular Lipsticks