November 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with what some of the other reviewers below have said: great shade to wear for a bride, great neutral, MLBB, etc. On me it's closest to pic #2 above. It looks like a peachy coral on me. I was surprised and wanted it to be more pink, but since I just bought 6 MAC lipsticks and 4 of them were pink, I am kind of glad this is more on the peachy side. It is a great neutral with a bit of oomph, as someone below said. I really like it and feel it may be my daily wear-to-work shade. I always wear glosses over my lipsticks, so that will combat any dryness this lipstick may cause. Wearing NYX Megashine smokey look gloss over this really intensifies the shade. I am happy I bought this and would repurchase!

EDITED TO ADD: Today I had on Kinda Sexy with no lip liner and with NYX lip gloss, and this lip color lasted through cocktails, cheese fries, and dinner! There was still lipstick left on my lips. I am impressed. I'm running off to the MAC website to buy more mattes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by shawnab453

I LOVE this lipstick! I've never found a lipstick that looked good on me because I have very thin lips, but with some gloss my lips look natural and fabulous! Kinda Sexy is a nude pink and it is very sexy! It works with any look.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by MPBJAR

This looked so pretty in the MAC store when I was doing my recycling and picking up staples like Dervish. I didn't even bother trying it on (why oh why!I know better with MAC lip color, they always look so different on!) but when I tried it on, and then walked around with it on all the next day, I realized that it just went a weird dead orange on me. I have a tendency to really bring out orange and brown tones in lipstick and this really was bad. Shame. FYI, easily flushed NC20 skin, brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Sicely24

I noticed the MAC SA wearing this when she was helping me and I thought it was really flattering on her. So i tried it and fell in love with it immediately. We both had similar NC30-35 skin tone. She told me that she had wore it on her wedding day ....which is a great choice since this color quite natural. It just gives you a nude look with a oomph! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YIKES! This is just a dead-peach/pale orange color! (On me, at least...) GAH! I am definitely surprised, being an NC30 & thought this would look great on me. But.....I look like a corpse! This is the shade my lips will naturally be when I'm lying in my casket....LOL.
Not flattering in the least. This is going straight back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by shortstuff87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL LIPSTICK! I was afraid to actually try one of the mac matte lipsticks thinking that like other lipsticks it would be overdrying and look weird on me but it was the complete opposite. I love how my lips look. A wonderful color too seeing as I have very pigemented lips. I love this =)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amenakin_skywalker

A MLBB nude-y pink colour that is subtle and very wearable with a number of looks, whether it's a super smokey eye or an everyday, natural look. I find that putting a gloss over it gives my lips an extra oomph :)
The texture isn't glossy or overly drying - it's matte and just blends into the lips perfectly. I love this lippy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

Thanks to a wonderful MA, I have finally managed to find my perfect nude l/s. The endless fruitless search is over, the relief and joy is palpable.

For someone like me, with a pale, sallow complexion, those gorgeous nude pale pink l/s don't work. Those mauve based or brown based nudes don't work either. Time after time, I looked like a corpse dragged out of the morgue, or at best had a serious fever that could soon result in corpse situation. Now thanks to the peachiness of Kinda Sexy, I have Angelina lips (well, ok, just the colour, but it's a start!)

I used to face a tough dilemma before this HG discovery. When wearing heavy eye looks, I either opted for a deep lip too, or went with those corpse l/s contenders, or went natural (pigmented) lipped. So this left me respectively- drag queen, corpse, or unfinished. Now hallelujah I have found my ultimate everyday/ evening pouty nude lipstick and I couldn't be more thrilled. MAC, please never d/c this!!!!

one lippy off for being sooooooooooo drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hautelyodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first lipstick! I was very excited about this, and it didn't disappoint. I have really pigmented lips (they're so pigmented people are always asking if I was wearing lipgloss), and Kinda Sexy is just the thing I need to tone them down. It's a gorgeous muted pink on me, and goes beautifully with dramatic eyes. I love it, and I can't wait to try other MAC lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sarahspence87

I had been given this by my sister but had stored it away and was rocking other colors. One day I saw someones blog about liking MATTE MAC lipsticks and thought Hey I have one. I tried it on and it is gorgeous I like to have a variety of somewhat the same color so am looking for anything close to it. But is is gorgeous doesnt wash me out. I have full lips and pair this with spice liner and maybe a lipgloss it looks very sex kittenish.