MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 2/25/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Backups in place for this color as always.

This is a nude peachy/pink MATTe (which I love). It works well straight on or as a stain. Any pink/peach or coral gloss works beautifully with this -- I especially love C Thru.

The color works on all skin tones -- I have used it on myself and on clients.

on 2/24/2010 7:38:00 AM

I really love this color. With that said, I do have one major complaint about the color. I find that if I liberally apply this color on dry lips, I end up looking clown like a lot of lipstick on my face. So, I always have to make sure that I put a moisturizer on my lips before I put this on and make sure that I don't put too much on. A MAC sales person told me that they only carry this color through the website and not through their counter. This is still one of my favorite lipsticks to turn to though.

on 1/28/2010 9:57:00 AM

KINDA SEXY is my favoutire lipstick colour .

(I'm fair skin,black hair,brown eyes.)

I also love matte fomular because it can cover my lip colour (which is quite dark).

When I going to MAC counter I have try many colour and This is my favourite lipstick.

It's nude orange colour.

It look natural on my lip. You can wear it everyday.

you can view real colour of KINDA SEXY lipstick at

on 1/25/2010 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am NC30/35 and Kinda Sexy has been my favourite MAC lipstick for quite some time now. It is a really nice neutral pink brown colour.

I think it would suit anyone with medium-fair skin, dark(ish) hair and brown/green eyes.

just discovered this lipstick in my stash the other day and although in the beginning I didn;t like it that much, I have to say I really love it now. I am nc20 and this is a great lipstick for a light, pale skin with yellow undertones. the colour, is brownish pink but it manages to give some colour to a light/pale skin. i normally wear it with laura mercier's wild bouquet blush and it makes my skin more alive, more fresh, classy, nude but with colour. i also love the matte texture and would def repurchase.

on 10/6/2009 7:53:00 AM

I like the color of this lipstick, but not the matte formula. I can not wear this alone. I need to put some gloss over it otherwise it's very very dry looking - not attractive.

on 6/28/2009 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i wouldnt buy again because i feel this will last me a very long time!!!
im nc30-35 and this really blends in to my lips well. looks real and doesnt scream im wearing lipstick if that makes sense. i did buy this after seeing swatches in the picture section of makeupalley. i must say that it reads more rosey pink than peach on me. but definately a mixture of both. for me it is a nude but without the pale pasty beigey colours that nudes are associated with. i do have a gripe with this in that it is matte which does feel drying on my lips. but i have only just got into lipsticks i only ever use to wear glosses. but im loving it. definately summery and would go with most looks. dark brown hair tanned yellow undertones tendency towards sallowness, and grey eyes

update washes me out doesnt swatch on the lips as it looks in the tube,

on 6/28/2009 2:02:00 AM

i realy like this neautral lipstick.
its a warm peachy shade and matches my lips well.
another great use i found for this is to use it as a blush!! (im and NC30 -35). it makes a realy natural looking blush and when its used on both cheek and lips at the same time they go realy well together.

on 6/11/2009 4:41:00 PM

Gorgeous! I love, love, love this color. It is a medium peachy color that isn't really nude...though I guess on some people I can see how it would seem that way. On me, it is so so pretty. It's peach but not too bright or in your face. It is very flattering on tanned skin and it's definitely my fav. for summer. It's matte in appearance but doesn't feel dry on my lips. It actually feels like silk...sooo nice!

on 4/24/2009 6:03:00 PM

To me this is a dusty desert rose color. There are some coral/peachy hints and this is *not nude*. I really love it on tanned skin and I love the matte look. Although I'm kinda liking this color, it is not "neutral pinky-rose" or as light as it appears in swatches. If this is too bright for you, get Honeylove, it's got a similar hue but is much more toned down.

Popular Lipsticks