October 1, 2014 | 920 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

YIKES! This is just a dead-peach/pale orange color! (On me, at least...) GAH! I am definitely surprised, being an NC30 & thought this would look great on me. But.....I look like a corpse! This is the shade my lips will naturally be when I'm lying in my casket....LOL.
Not flattering in the least. This is going straight back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by shortstuff87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL LIPSTICK! I was afraid to actually try one of the mac matte lipsticks thinking that like other lipsticks it would be overdrying and look weird on me but it was the complete opposite. I love how my lips look. A wonderful color too seeing as I have very pigemented lips. I love this =)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amenakin_skywalker

A MLBB nude-y pink colour that is subtle and very wearable with a number of looks, whether it's a super smokey eye or an everyday, natural look. I find that putting a gloss over it gives my lips an extra oomph :)
The texture isn't glossy or overly drying - it's matte and just blends into the lips perfectly. I love this lippy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

Thanks to a wonderful MA, I have finally managed to find my perfect nude l/s. The endless fruitless search is over, the relief and joy is palpable.

For someone like me, with a pale, sallow complexion, those gorgeous nude pale pink l/s don't work. Those mauve based or brown based nudes don't work either. Time after time, I looked like a corpse dragged out of the morgue, or at best had a serious fever that could soon result in corpse situation. Now thanks to the peachiness of Kinda Sexy, I have Angelina lips (well, ok, just the colour, but it's a start!)

I used to face a tough dilemma before this HG discovery. When wearing heavy eye looks, I either opted for a deep lip too, or went with those corpse l/s contenders, or went natural (pigmented) lipped. So this left me respectively- drag queen, corpse, or unfinished. Now hallelujah I have found my ultimate everyday/ evening pouty nude lipstick and I couldn't be more thrilled. MAC, please never d/c this!!!!

one lippy off for being sooooooooooo drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hautelyodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first lipstick! I was very excited about this, and it didn't disappoint. I have really pigmented lips (they're so pigmented people are always asking if I was wearing lipgloss), and Kinda Sexy is just the thing I need to tone them down. It's a gorgeous muted pink on me, and goes beautifully with dramatic eyes. I love it, and I can't wait to try other MAC lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sarahspence87

I had been given this by my sister but had stored it away and was rocking other colors. One day I saw someones blog about liking MATTE MAC lipsticks and thought Hey I have one. I tried it on and it is gorgeous I like to have a variety of somewhat the same color so am looking for anything close to it. But is is gorgeous doesnt wash me out. I have full lips and pair this with spice liner and maybe a lipgloss it looks very sex kittenish.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely product vor all NW's out there! Because this colour is on the warm side it complements any warm coloured skin and I am pretty shure also the more pigmented complexions. I love, love, love this colour - the third picture is a quick shoot of Kinda Sexy topped with Nymphette Gloss. Absolutely Gorgeous! The Flash is a little disturbing but the colour looks pretty even with flash on - which many others don't. If you are looking for a good nude colour with little coral undertones (they really make your face look wake up) then go for this one - you will be astonished what it can do for you even on pictures taken late at night. By the way - the NYX terracotta blush goes perfectly with it. Sooo extremely pretty and still natural, how amazing.
Edit: I had to take one lippy off because it is drying if applied several times - in the evening I have really dry flaky lips, what a pitty

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by JuicyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first lipstick purchased at MAC and it did not disappoint. A very gorgeous complimenting color for my N37 skintone and looks amazing with MAC's Wildly Lush Plushglass. It is a matte (a tiny bit drying) so the MA recommended using a lipbrush to apply. Very versatile for a natural look and smoky eyes. HG STATUS FOR ME !!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is called a matte lipstick, but its really cream on my and not like other MAC mattes I've encountered, strange. The color on me shows up light/medium peach flesh color almost, I didn't see any cool, rose tones. But I am a MMM/GGG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by esthered

Got this off a swap so I can't really comment price-wise.

I hated this at first, cos' it came out a little TOO drying.. and it kinda just feels plastered on my lips. *However* I used a lip brush and the results were instantly different. The colour is perfect for a light look with a tint of colour. It *is* pretty drying since it's matte, but putting gloss over it or lip balm before will change that. :D

I'm really starting to love this lipstick more and more!