September 3, 2014 | 956 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by amenakin_skywalker

A MLBB nude-y pink colour that is subtle and very wearable with a number of looks, whether it's a super smokey eye or an everyday, natural look. I find that putting a gloss over it gives my lips an extra oomph :)
The texture isn't glossy or overly drying - it's matte and just blends into the lips perfectly. I love this lippy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by itsgail

Thanks to a wonderful MA, I have finally managed to find my perfect nude l/s. The endless fruitless search is over, the relief and joy is palpable.

For someone like me, with a pale, sallow complexion, those gorgeous nude pale pink l/s don't work. Those mauve based or brown based nudes don't work either. Time after time, I looked like a corpse dragged out of the morgue, or at best had a serious fever that could soon result in corpse situation. Now thanks to the peachiness of Kinda Sexy, I have Angelina lips (well, ok, just the colour, but it's a start!)

I used to face a tough dilemma before this HG discovery. When wearing heavy eye looks, I either opted for a deep lip too, or went with those corpse l/s contenders, or went natural (pigmented) lipped. So this left me respectively- drag queen, corpse, or unfinished. Now hallelujah I have found my ultimate everyday/ evening pouty nude lipstick and I couldn't be more thrilled. MAC, please never d/c this!!!!

one lippy off for being sooooooooooo drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by hautelyodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My first lipstick! I was very excited about this, and it didn't disappoint. I have really pigmented lips (they're so pigmented people are always asking if I was wearing lipgloss), and Kinda Sexy is just the thing I need to tone them down. It's a gorgeous muted pink on me, and goes beautifully with dramatic eyes. I love it, and I can't wait to try other MAC lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sarahspence87

I had been given this by my sister but had stored it away and was rocking other colors. One day I saw someones blog about liking MATTE MAC lipsticks and thought Hey I have one. I tried it on and it is gorgeous I like to have a variety of somewhat the same color so am looking for anything close to it. But is is gorgeous doesnt wash me out. I have full lips and pair this with spice liner and maybe a lipgloss it looks very sex kittenish.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Beautyandmind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely product vor all NW's out there! Because this colour is on the warm side it complements any warm coloured skin and I am pretty shure also the more pigmented complexions. I love, love, love this colour - the third picture is a quick shoot of Kinda Sexy topped with Nymphette Gloss. Absolutely Gorgeous! The Flash is a little disturbing but the colour looks pretty even with flash on - which many others don't. If you are looking for a good nude colour with little coral undertones (they really make your face look wake up) then go for this one - you will be astonished what it can do for you even on pictures taken late at night. By the way - the NYX terracotta blush goes perfectly with it. Sooo extremely pretty and still natural, how amazing.
Edit: I had to take one lippy off because it is drying if applied several times - in the evening I have really dry flaky lips, what a pitty

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by JuicyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first lipstick purchased at MAC and it did not disappoint. A very gorgeous complimenting color for my N37 skintone and looks amazing with MAC's Wildly Lush Plushglass. It is a matte (a tiny bit drying) so the MA recommended using a lipbrush to apply. Very versatile for a natural look and smoky eyes. HG STATUS FOR ME !!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 11:08:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is called a matte lipstick, but its really cream on my and not like other MAC mattes I've encountered, strange. The color on me shows up light/medium peach flesh color almost, I didn't see any cool, rose tones. But I am a MMM/GGG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by esthered

Got this off a swap so I can't really comment price-wise.

I hated this at first, cos' it came out a little TOO drying.. and it kinda just feels plastered on my lips. *However* I used a lip brush and the results were instantly different. The colour is perfect for a light look with a tint of colour. It *is* pretty drying since it's matte, but putting gloss over it or lip balm before will change that. :D

I'm really starting to love this lipstick more and more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this! After trying Velvet Teddy and finding it just too beige for me I decided to try Kinda Sexy. This is definitely not a nude on me but it's still light enough to be considered fairly neutral while at the same time having enough color to light up my face a bit. I am strongly warm (C2, NC25ish) and this works really well with my skintone. Even with my strawberry blonde hair it suits me well. I LOVE MAC matte formulation because it actually stays on my lips for more than 20 minutes which is a huge issue for me with most lipsticks. I am sure I will be reaching for this one a lot. From L to R MAC Cherish, Kinda Sexy, Velvet Teddy, Twig
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 2:14:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I can't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I wear this lipstick! Love the matte formula - doesn't dry your lips out but looks super matte. The color does not wash me out! Any lighter and it would. It's a perfect peachy nudey color. Application takes a little work though - I use a lipbrush for sure and a nude lippencil is ideal. Really one of my favorites from MAC. Tried Honeylove also but that color was horrible (super grey/corpse like).