Desert Essence Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

4.2

Not tested on animals

Witch Hazel Extract, Alcohol Denat., Eco-Harvest Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomile Flower Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Lavender Oil, Thyme Oil, Birch Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Petitgrain) Leaf Oil. 6/30/09

on 6/5/2005 2:23:00 AM

I got this at Whole Foods the other day and so far I love it! It cames in a cute, portable roll-on pen and it's packed with natural yet effective zit-zapping and skin calming ingredients such as tea-tree oil, chamomile and calendula.
I don't have a major acne problem or anything, but my skin is far from being flawless. I always have at least one annoying blemish on my face and this works like a charm in getting rid of it without irritating the area. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I had such great results with Desert Essence's tea tree face wash that I could hardly wait to try this blemish stick. I assumed it would be great to use for spot treating throughout the day. The face wash is the only product to actually zap my zits (and w/o being drying), and I thought the blemish stick would have similar ingredients and work just as well. However, I found it to be a big disappointment. Unfortunately, it seems to have absolutely no zit-zapping power whatsoever. Thumbs down.

on 5/20/2005 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this painful zit on my cheek right now, so I bought some of this stuff, because I cannot put chemicals like benzoyl peroxide on my skin right now. I read the good reviews here, so I bought one at my local health food store. I've only been using it a day, but so far, I like it. The zit only looks a tiny bit better, but what is REALLY making me love this stuff is the fact that it numbed the pain the zit was causing. I was so happy about that. I can smile without wincing afterwards! So, this gets a 4 and a yes to repurchase, just for the relief it provides. If it zaps this mondo zit within the next few days, I'm bumping it up to a five. UPDATE: After over a week, the zit is almost gone. I suppose this stuff didn't have a huge effect on the healing time, but it did take the pain away. Also, whenever I put it on a small bump, it stops it from turning into a zit. So, it's a five anyway, because it's EXCELLENT for preventing blemishes. It's also the only spot treatment out there that DOESN'T dry out my skin.

on 5/13/2005 11:25:00 AM

I found it first in Cubs Food and it's $9.99 but still cheaper than some department stuff. After using it, I feel this one is even better than other expensive one ^_^ and also I found that I could buy it in GNC and with GNC card it is only about $7 what a good deal! It works very well, on both my acne and some tiny red itchy strange pimples. Strong smell but also makes me awake and fresh ^_^ I like this product and will re-buy it. So far I has used about 5 bottles already ^_^

on 2/18/2005 2:21:00 PM

I love this product and I have senstive skin that can get really irritated by some blemish reducers but the Desert Essence worked great. Its almost exactly like Benefit's Boo Boo Zap at 1/3 of the price. It reduced my redness really well and has worked like a charm so far. Two thumbs up!

on 2/18/2005 2:18:00 PM

I got this at the grocery because it ws on sale for $5 and looks just like the Benefit Boo Boo Zap I normally use. It works just as well, reduces swelling & redness and isn't very drying on my sensitive skin. This is a great bargain compared to Boo Boo Zap and I would definitely recommend it for someone with relatively clear skin who gets the occasional zit.

on 1/12/2005 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a really great product. I had been hooked on Murad's acne treatment with sulfur for quite some time and sometimes it worked, sometimes not. This liquid is clear and sinks in right away, so it doesn't cake on top of the skin at all. It also has helped reduce redness and inflammation, particularly of cysts, and sped the healing of many of my pimples. I often roll this over areas that are prone to acne too, even though there aren't any there presently, and it has helped ward many off. Great price.

on 11/30/2004 3:00:00 PM

I got this when I ran out of my Burt's Bees "zit stick." As far as I can tell so far, it's just as good. I really only use it for the occasional (monthly, ahem) zit along my jawline, so I can't comment on using it over large areas of your face. Has never stung or caused sensitivity. Helps shorten your zit's miserable life!

on 9/29/2004 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

9/29/04: This product is a wonderful spot treatment. It seems to dry out pimples fast. It stings a little, but the stinging stops. I love that it contains natural herbal ingredients.

on 7/31/2004 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

An excellent spot treatment. It helped heal my "deeper" blemishes without overdrying my sensitive skin or making it more red. The medicinal herbal smell faded as it dried.

Popular Treatments (Face)