Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita Oil (Peppermint), Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil (Tea Tree), Linoleamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Extract (White Ginger), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna), Simmondsia Chinensis Extract (Jojoba), Rosmarinus Officinalis Extract (Rosemary), PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifola Oil (Lavendar), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat), Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

I bought this shampoo and conditioner following the tips here recommending it for dry scalp care. I am a bit disappointed. I have sensitive scalp that flakes especially with the change of seasons. This shampoo made it worse! It seemed to have a drying effect and I ended up making a desperate switch to Head and Shoulders Sensitive Care (which is pretty good but isn't perfect either..see review). The conditioner is waxy, weighs hair down and makes it sticky.
One redeeming quality if you are stuck with this and are fuming about the money you wasted: the shampoo is an excellent face and body wash, especially if you have acne prone or oily skin on your face and shoulders.

I've been using Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree hair products since I was 16. I am absolutely IN LOVE with them. I used to dye and fry my hair so much, and this really helped me grow it back out to be normal and healthy. I believe it has some anti-dandruff function, but not much. I know my scalp used to flake a little, but now it doesn't do it at all - I in no way had severe dandruff. This makes me hair shiney and manageable. If you're looking for a miracle, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a good, high quality, cleanser this is definitely a good option. I don't think this product is expensive at all for what it is, but then again, I understand that quality has a price.

I decided to buy the tea tree line because I heard it could be good for dandruff. At first I loved this line. I loved the scent and the tingling sensation. The shampoo and hair & scalp treatment both worked great for about the first week. My dandruff drastically improved to the point it was almost gone but then suddenly this product line stopped working for me. I don't even feel the tingling sensation when I use it anymore. I am not sure why it stopped working. I thought maybe using the hair and scalp treatment along with the shampoo was overdoing it so I stopped using the hair and scalp treatment but it still doesn't work.

I hadn't really cared for the conditioner from day one. I don't really care for the smell. It doesn't smell as nice as the other two products in the line. It's nothing special for a condition either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The shampoo and conditioner are wonderful, they make my hair so soft. I love the tingling feeling on my scalp. This is a must repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My hair: Fine, fairly straight, 3-4 inches past my shoulders, some layers, some split-ends. This shampoo has a nice crisp minty smell, although it strikes me as a smell people will either love or hate. Not a bad shampoo, but nothing spectacular. Seems good at clarifying as it gets out all the left-over product in my hair. Call me picky, but the minty smell clashes with the floraly scented conditioner i'm using, and that kind of bugs. Oh ya, $12? The price is pretty over-rated if you ask me. Overall: rich minty fragrance and it cleans pretty well, but this doesn't achieve HG status in my book.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an Ok product. I don't feel the urge to use tea tree products, so maybe that's why this product does absolutely nothing for me. I used the conditioner too, and like the shampoo, didn't nothing for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is awesome for those days when you have worked out really hard and want a cool, refreashing treat. It really tingles! Great for dry scalp too, and as a face wash in a pinch. I have had a bottle of this in my shower for years and so has my boyfriend.

I bought this tea tree shampoo for its anti-dundruff function. I've used it for about half a year. It is an OK shampoo, but I don't think it cleans thoroughly. Worse, whenever I use it, my hair got tangled really badly. Don't like it.

not bad shampoo,it is quite mild and helps with shine. But smell terrible...
but i found something cheaper and better- you can try it too. Jason's Jojoba shampoo leaves your hair very shiny and soft and volumised(i have fine hair so i need it).Perfect for somebody with normal to dry hair, but works for my oily hair too. I truly recommend Aubrey Organics too - GPB Hair shampoo and conditioner.It is a very natural and treats your hair and makes them look at least twice as thick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am not really into the whole tea tree line. My mother bought me the huge bottle of conditioner and shampoo and I think it is just too tingly for me. I am sure other people love that tingle affect but I think it is a bit too much for me. I am sure it is good on a day when you really get dirty.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products