Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2015 reformulation:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides.Old formula:Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 8/31/2009 11:09:00 PM

I generally like Chantecaille products and my sensitive skin has never had a bad reaction. I purchased Future Skin foundation because of its touted matte quality and water base. I used it for awhile, and then, for some reason, it ended up on the shelf. I recently saw it sitting on the shelf and decided to to give it another try. This was one of many purchases in my never-ending quest to find a foundation that provides decent long-wearing coverage without causing skin problems. I have good but not great skin so I'm looking for some coverage but not a heavy mask. My skin is also oily so I want a foundation with some staying power. This foundation goes on like a dream and provides just the right amount of coverage. Within a few hours, though, any matte quality to the product is lost and my face has a decided shine rather than the dewy look I had immediately following application of the foundation. Certainly, a dusting of powder helps reduce the shine but within six hours, the foundation seems to have melted away. Now, I remember why it had been sitting unused on the shelf.

on 8/24/2009 12:57:00 PM

I love this foundation, it's definitely at HG status for me. It goes on great, stays matte but still has a dewy natural look, and it's overall pretty amazing. The price is a major gripe though, for $60 its a bit ridiculous, but its worth it for how it makes me look and feel. I've noticed a bit of rubbing off with it but I haven't set it with a powder so this might be why. Otherwise, it has great staying power, and doesn't even show how humid it really is in Florida. The only other problem I have with this product is that it comes in a jar, so it's a bit unsanitary and not really convenient to get the foundation out, even though it does look sheek and feels expensive (just like how it is). I plan on getting a little scupula for the jar so I can take the foundation out in a sanitary way. Overall, I would buy this again and again, it was definitely worth the money for me but of course I'm still having a bit of sticker shock.

on 8/7/2009 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was of course expecting big things from this foundation and was suckered into buying it on my last trip to Space N.K. I find it unnatural looking and it develops a more obvious and patchy look throughout the day. I find myself rubbing it off as looking blotchy is preferable to looking like I am wearing a patchy mask. The colour also darkens throughout the day until it looks a bit too orange. Still persevering as it's so expensive but this is no better than any other foundation I have tried, from Maybelline to Clinique to Laura Mercier. Still, at least it contains beneficial skincare ingredients...

on 7/27/2009 3:50:00 PM

I had previously written a review lauding this product as the ultimate foundation. I wrote the review just 2 days after buying and using it and that was a colossal mistake. Now that I have used this foundation several times, I can say that I do NOT recommend this for anyone who either a) needs coverage or b)has even slightly oily skin. My skin ALWAYS (and my skin gets quite dry in winter) looks disgusting after a few hours of wearing this foundation. My face becomes oily as if I had rubbed baby oil all over it and then stood under the sun, sweating. That's my biggest problem with this foundation. My other problem is that I couldn't find a good colour match as the foundations all tend to look a bit orange on my skin. Finally, coverage is not fantastic. Oh, and the screw cap/bottle packaging arrangement is beyond inconvenient. For those of you who also bought this foundation and are disappointed with the results, I recommend that you try one of the by terry products. The lumiere veloutee foundation gives great coverage and a totally matt finish, and the light expert is dewy but fantastic as well. Both brands are in the same price range, but I really have to say, none of the chantecaille make up products I have are really any good considering their price.

on 6/19/2009 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the closest i have found to Stephane Marias Creme foundation. Works really well on my light olive skin, looks completely natural and doesn't feel like i have too much makeup on. I don't wear it everyday, but it has lastest a long time, and i don't find it goes any quicker than any other foundation.

Would buy it again, which is unusual as i generally like to buy something new. It isn't available in Perth, Australia, so i buy online on eBay or strawberrynet.

Update: I don't like this anymore! it does get patchy, feels like you have makeup on and is ultra expensive. Now i like Chanel Teint Innocence.

I love this foundation and have recommended it to friends who then became addicted. It is treating your skin and nourishing it, so you could get away with minimal products before you apply. It is dewey and not too masky. The only downfall is the price. I love the alabaster shade.

on 5/9/2009 6:09:00 AM

i also went for alabaster, even though i would normally choose the yellowest tones of the spectrum. it's absolute delight on the skin, as if one were wearing absolutely nothing. the coverage is light, but cancels out reddishnes rather nicely. i still need concealer, but then that's the way i prefer it - cover up only where necessary. it does seem to sink into the skin - this isn't completely positive, as it slightly emphasizes surface structure - in my case pores. that's why i think it definitely benefits from a primer. this is a bit of a shame, since all the "goodness" packed into it would then sit on top of the primer as well. i still prefer my paul&joe for superior finish, but otherwise will go with this - for the duration of this jar, at least :)

edit 19/05/09: adding, this lasted amazingly well on my last trip, even in hot humid conditions - a big plus. however, the jar is absolute pain to travel with. it's a solution to a life of sitting still by your vanitytable - and even then a bad one.

edit 16/06/09: I have stopped using a primer and now prep with a bit more heavyhanded moisturizing - it works. But the reason why i keep editing is the effect on my skin. not much else has changed, so i'm taking it's this foundation that's doing all the good. there's a lot less there to cover, and what little comes up seems more superficial and smaller than "normally". this is turning out to be a keeper.

on 4/23/2009 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So love this foundation! I'm only going to echo the rave reviews..I like the coverage..wish it was a tad fuller coverage..but really thats my only issue...and the way expensive price. My most fav thing is how it makes my skin feel..and the cooling and calming effect it has. My skin is so happy with this foundation. And with my foundation addiction..I do get caught up in the hype..and try the latest and greatest..only to come back running to to future skin.

on 4/9/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the way this foundation looks, it's so natural and dewey on my skin and just makes me look very refreshed without the "mask" look that I've seen with so many other foundations. I don't even need that much and it goes on so smooth and blends very easily. I'd recommend getting the foundation stick with it for optimal results. I went to the counter and bought the cream first, but the artist used it in conjunction with the stick, and it looked much better. Many women are two toned on their faces, so it really does work to use two different colors and to blend your skin.

on 4/9/2009 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I've decided to get away from the too perfect look that Dior Forever fluid provides. (I caught myself in a mirror recently & I looked more masky than "naturally perfect.")

Where to begin . . . with Future Skin I look Parisian. Seriously! Women in Paris have an amazing, super-minimalist look. Their goal is to look *naturally* beautiful, so they apply makeup lightly & you notice *their face*, not their makeup. With Future Skin, I get enough coverage for sun spots, blotchy skin tone, etc., but it's non-masky coverage. I don't look like I do w/Dior Forever, but I like this new look more. It's more real, more refreshing, and more YOUTHFUL! There, I said it.

Application: A dime-sized dollop on my palm & dip MAC 187. Swirl/pat lightly all around. I need 2 dime dollops. If you need extra coverage, you can apply concealer FIRST, per the Chantecaille SA. I thought that was odd, but I tried it, using MUFE Full Cover #6 on some sunspots. Then I gently patted on the FS w/187 and it did not remove the concealer, and it provided more coverage w/out the maskiness of full-face coverage.

Texture: Glides on like smooth, silky souffle. Lovely, dewy glow. I have normal skin, so I think this would be best for dry & normal skin, as the glow factor may be too much for oily skin.

Shade: I am NC20ish (Dior Forever 021; Chanel TI Clair/Cameo; CdP BF20; BB Luminous Warm Sand) and I use Camomile, which is the lightest of the Yellow shades. It gives me a little color - a slightly golden look, which counteracts the pink in my cheeks.

Lasts all day. I have to insist that women who are used to full-coverage foundations give this one a whirl. You may find, as I did, that you look a lot better when you're a bit less covered up! I absolutely ADORE this foundation.

Popular Crème Foundations