April 20, 2014 | 1287 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying many foundations, both high-end and low-end, I have settled on Chantecaille Future Skin as my Holy Grail foundation. I still like to try other foundations because that's just how I am. But Future Skin is the best for me.
Why? Well, somehow this foundation actually makes my skin look like it has a better texture. It makes my skin appear to be fresher, younger, creamier. The coverage is medium. The creamy gel consistency feels very good going on. The finish is natural, but polished. Maybe a bit dewy. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out, even if I have a late night and fall asleep without washing it off. That's more than I can say for some of my other favorite foundations, like Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and Chanel Teint Innocence Creme Compact (super clogged pores with that one).
Its expensive, but I'm willing to pay the price as its the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Fashionopolist

I have recently been using this product in Vanilla. I love the texture and it is the perfect color for my skin.

It's a great foundation for young skin that tends to be more oily than dry. My skin is pretty normal, but I find that heavy cream foundations make me look like grease-city after a few hours. This product stays put and provides nice coverage.

Now about the ridic price. This foundation is overpriced. There's no question about it. It's a good product, and I would happily shell out $30 for it. But twice that? The packaging isn't that phenom. It's not a huge jar either. I'm not entirely sure what it is I'm paying for.

But, on a positive note, if you buy it at Neimans, the ladies tend to be pretty generous with samples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by dodobat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! No words can describe how nice the texture is. Its like i am wearing nothing at all. The texture is very light, cooling and gel-like. I got this in alabaster and it suited my fair pinky skintone although I would have prefered it to be a little bit more pinky. Ivory was nasty and left my face looking orange! Bleh.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jshow339

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is nothing special. It goes on as a creamy gel type. The coverage is okay and buildable. It does tend to disappear and fade as the day goes on. I don't mind paying for something that's worth it, but this just isn't worth it. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stopped to pick up another bottle of Armani Luminous Silk, but stopped by the Chantecaille counter on the way. I wore Future Skin many years ago and thought I'd stop and have another look. This gel foundation feels nice on the skin. It is not heavy and does not leave a shiny finish. I remember loving the way it looked on my skin, but it simply does not compare to LSF. I tried both foundations on, and the FS looks absolutely flat on my skin.

It never irriatated my skin, and I was also able to wear FS in the summer when my combination skin goes into oil production overload!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Cherryyu

Expensive. But it is very very very good product. You will have what you paid for especially for oil/Combin skin types. It lasts for 10 hours. Do not need to put too much. just a little will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by wmoyal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Almost perfect...I like the texture, the effect on my complexion. Some pores might be emphasized on close examination but generally my skin looks wonderful with this makeup, and I don't have wonderful skin...more like acne/dry from acne meds. Absolutely no breakouts since using this foundation over the last month. Will likely buy again, there is room for improvement, but I imagine it will be a long time before I find a better fit of coverage and natural glow.
*Update: decided not to repurchase,I used up a lot in 6 weeks. Does not last,tends to recede. I became shiney/oily look. I find Cle de Peau less dewy but longer wearing, retains a matte finish all day. Still think 3.7-4 stars is appropriate ranking, given initial look, ingredients, dewy finish, tolerability for sensitive skin.
*8 month update: yes, you use up a lot fast. But I am still dipping into my leftovers of this, especially perfect in the winter when my cle de peau is feeling a bit dry. This foundation makes my skin feel perfect! Upping it to 5 stars, it's proven the test of time!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by NaeillaNoir

Hands down the best foundation I've ever used. I first got this at 17, in Shea. it goes on creamy and gives a creamy complexion. I also use it as a concealer, plus the color was right on for me. in this case for me, shelling out the cash for expensive makeup I did get my money's worth.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been curious about this foundation. The price is what puts me off. I always thought of this brand as a bit snobbish. You know. You pay for the name more than for quality. Sort of like a status symbol more than a truly good product. Anyway, I was in Sun Valley this weekend and I got a sample from the shop that sells it. The color is totally wrong. The SA gave me the darkest color (Nude). I must say I was surprised as I am light-medium with yellow undertones. However, the light in the shop was ghastly and somehow the Nude looked good. When I tried it at home, I hated it. Oompa Loompa doesn't even begin to describe it. That's the color. The consistency is a bit better. It does not feel (or look) like someone spread butter on my face, and the coverage is decent though not exactly brilliant. I don't know. Maybe if I get a better color, I'll like it better. But I still balk at the price. :( If some of you lovely ladies know a place where I can get this for a more civilized price, I would appreciate the details.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 8:46:00 AM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I'm not a foundation girl - I am fortunate to have flawless skin but this...is amazing.

This is a case of a little goes a long way - I've applied it using a sponge, fingers and most recently a Prescriptive's foundation brush. I've had this for awhile and I used to revisit it for special *times* but now I find I reach for it more often.

The coverage is light and dreamy but it still packs a punch. It doesn't sit on top of the skin nor does it seep into the poors - it simply covers and glows.

As far as color match - it's perfect. I'm a strange bird as far as skin color/tone - I have heavy gold/honey undertones and a NC44 coloring - lots of foundations go on light and adjust or too dark and wash me out but this one is absolutely perfect.

If I ever run out...I'd buy again without hesitation.