November 27, 2014 | 1457 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover that I have EVER tried. I spent years in search of products that would make taking off my makeup at the end of each night less of a hassle. I got close to what I was looking for with a combination of makeup removing towelettes, an Asian cleansing lotion, eye makeup remover, my cleanser (with an Olay sonic brush), and toner. However, I felt that I was using too many products on my face at the end of each night and it was still only taking off 95% of dirt and makeup. I finally decided to give Mac's Cleanse Off Oil a try after seeing a demo of it on You Tube. I had always heard that cleansing with oil was a much more effective way to get everything off, but I was turned off by it due to the fact that I have Combination skin. Oh, how I wish I had tried this much sooner! I use about two-three pumps of this (I use a little more because I use a lot of waterproof makeup) and it literally just MELTS it right off. I was astounded at how easily it took off my mascara. I used to have to use my eye makeup remover before and after I washed my face with my cleanser. This stuff is AMAZING. I now no longer need to use the cleansing wipes, the cleansing lotion, and my eye makeup remover. Washing my face at night goes by a lot quicker and feels like less of a hassle. My skin feels clean and saves me from having to spend a ton of money on different products. THIS IS A MUST!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not use this for my face anymore, as I prefer to wash my face and then use dermalogica's daily exfoliater; but this is the BEST brush cleanser ever for your highly pigmented makeup residue. I wash all of my brushes with this weekly, it removes all colors and conditions the bristles fabulously - your white bristle brushes will actually be white again! A must for high quality brushes that you want to keep for years. For daily brush cleansing though, I use either clinique or mac's brush cleanser which I transferred into the clinique spray bottle. This method was recommended to me by a mac makeup artist who said the whole staff uses this to deep clean the mac brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mygailforce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!! This removes everything I slap on my face. Shiseido sunscreen, foundation, concealer, etc. There's no mineral oil in it (big plus for me), rinses clean and has a nice scent. The bottle is a little tough to travel with but that's minor. I recently tried the Lancome oil with disastrous result because of the mineral oil. I quickly returned to this, lesson learned. Do not stray from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by glitterygirl

This is my new HG makeup remover! Gone are the days of using makeup remover wipes! This cleansing oil is far superior at removing all traces of full coverage foundation, sunscreen and powders/blushes. I haven't experienced any issues with breakouts since using this product. In fact, I believe much of the acne I was experiencing was due to not properly removing all of my makeup. This will definitely be a staple in my skincare regimen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

How it works on me:
1. It takes off all my makeup and I use it as my makeup remover, not a cleanser as I cleanse after this.
2. No odd smell or anything.
3. It rinses off easily and leaves my combination/oily skin feeling smooth.
4. It is gentle.
5. Lasted me about 3 months of daily use; so the price is adequate enough for the amount you get and the simple cleansing.
6. Simple packaging

Overall: This is my first cleansing oil, and I do enjoy using it. I'm on the hunt of trying several cleansing oils but this is a good one to get if you plan to start using cleansing oils. Price is not overboard but decent. I would suggest this for first time users. Good product!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by rachaelpreece101

Very good cleanser!
My skin is so much nicer since discovering this! I look forward to taking my make up off at nice as it feels so nice when I rub it in!
The only bad point is i still nee eye make up remover to get mascara off, but that could be down to some
Nasty body shop mascara I'm trying to get rid of .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pretty4me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a fan of the double cleansing method I have tried quite a few cleansing oils but MAC is my favorite. No mineral oil, completely removes all makeup and sunscreen, and doesn't break me out! I use 2 or 3 pumps and the bottle lasts forever. I have 3 bottles stockpiled in my closet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover (for now at least). I use this stuff for the eyes as well, because this stuff takes off waterproof mascara as well. Okay, it does sting if it gets into my eyes, but I don't blame the product because it's not meant to be used as an eye makeup remover. It removes Revlon Colorstay (the heaviest duty foundation I use) the best out of all the makeup removers I've tried--still doesn't remove it completely (at least when I use it), but it's the closest. That's enough to convince me. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this stuff! First cleansing oil i tried... got in the Sized To Go bottle to try it out first... it didn't break out my post-accutane/super sensitive skin... removed ALL my eye makeup and my stubborn foundations... felt nice on my skin... wasn't irritating to my sensitive eyes... just fantastic. No oily residue - rinses totally clean. One thing to remember is this is a MAKEUP REMOVER.. not facial cleanser. so follow up with whatever cheap cleanser from the drug store of your choosing. Definitely saving me a lot of extra cash on eye makeup removers, cotton balls and makeup removing wipes! This does all of that. Full size bottle shoul last me 5-7 months. I use 1-2 pumps at night.