July 31, 2014 | 2006 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by ballmam2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!! This removes everything I slap on my face. Shiseido sunscreen, foundation, concealer, etc. There's no mineral oil in it (big plus for me), rinses clean and has a nice scent. The bottle is a little tough to travel with but that's minor. I recently tried the Lancome oil with disastrous result because of the mineral oil. I quickly returned to this, lesson learned. Do not stray from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by glitterygirl

This is my new HG makeup remover! Gone are the days of using makeup remover wipes! This cleansing oil is far superior at removing all traces of full coverage foundation, sunscreen and powders/blushes. I haven't experienced any issues with breakouts since using this product. In fact, I believe much of the acne I was experiencing was due to not properly removing all of my makeup. This will definitely be a staple in my skincare regimen.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

How it works on me:
1. It takes off all my makeup and I use it as my makeup remover, not a cleanser as I cleanse after this.
2. No odd smell or anything.
3. It rinses off easily and leaves my combination/oily skin feeling smooth.
4. It is gentle.
5. Lasted me about 3 months of daily use; so the price is adequate enough for the amount you get and the simple cleansing.
6. Simple packaging

Overall: This is my first cleansing oil, and I do enjoy using it. I'm on the hunt of trying several cleansing oils but this is a good one to get if you plan to start using cleansing oils. Price is not overboard but decent. I would suggest this for first time users. Good product!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by rachaelpreece101

Very good cleanser!
My skin is so much nicer since discovering this! I look forward to taking my make up off at nice as it feels so nice when I rub it in!
The only bad point is i still nee eye make up remover to get mascara off, but that could be down to some
Nasty body shop mascara I'm trying to get rid of .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pretty4me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a fan of the double cleansing method I have tried quite a few cleansing oils but MAC is my favorite. No mineral oil, completely removes all makeup and sunscreen, and doesn't break me out! I use 2 or 3 pumps and the bottle lasts forever. I have 3 bottles stockpiled in my closet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover (for now at least). I use this stuff for the eyes as well, because this stuff takes off waterproof mascara as well. Okay, it does sting if it gets into my eyes, but I don't blame the product because it's not meant to be used as an eye makeup remover. It removes Revlon Colorstay (the heaviest duty foundation I use) the best out of all the makeup removers I've tried--still doesn't remove it completely (at least when I use it), but it's the closest. That's enough to convince me. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this stuff! First cleansing oil i tried... got in the Sized To Go bottle to try it out first... it didn't break out my post-accutane/super sensitive skin... removed ALL my eye makeup and my stubborn foundations... felt nice on my skin... wasn't irritating to my sensitive eyes... just fantastic. No oily residue - rinses totally clean. One thing to remember is this is a MAKEUP REMOVER.. not facial cleanser. so follow up with whatever cheap cleanser from the drug store of your choosing. Definitely saving me a lot of extra cash on eye makeup removers, cotton balls and makeup removing wipes! This does all of that. Full size bottle shoul last me 5-7 months. I use 1-2 pumps at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by pinktoxic17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got one word for this product: lifesaver. It really is to me as my skin has been 110% better ever since I started using this. I was so hesitant to buy it because it is oil and I have oily skin so my natural reaction was to be put off by it. But with all the good reviews I've read about it, I just closed my eyes and tried it. It removes most if not all of my makeup (foundation, blush, bronzer, etc.) Only thing is that I have to work harder on removing waterproof mascara. I haven't come across any product that removes waterproof mascara with one swipe anyway. I used the Philosophy one and that one was okay. There was still some makeup residue left when I wipe my face off with a towel (even after a cleanser after it). I totally recommend this to anybody who wants to try it. If you're asking yourself if you should buy this, the answer is YES YES YES!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so happy I found this. I have very dry skin in Winter, and this took all of my makeup off, including waterproof eye makeup. I use Clinique's foamy makeup remover in spring and summer, when my skin is normal/dry, but I will use Mac's in Fall and Winter, when my skin needs the extra moisture. This didn't break me out in zits, and it goes well with the line of cleansers and moisturizers I'm using now (Clinique). I've used it two weeks, and it barely has a dent, so it will last a long time. The only problem is the packaging, because it's so easy for the little knob to turn, so I would be afraid to travel with this product; and since it's an oil, it would ruin anything it spilled on. This is my miracle remover, and, I don't need a face remover, and a separate eye remover, so I'll save money on this, since it's all I need! It also doesn't leave a film on my face, but I do use a face wash after this. Even though I'm saving it for Winter, this has made my face five times more moisturized, and I feel like I don't even need a moisturizer sometimes after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by xjessicawabbit

This cleanse-off oil is the only makeup remover I will ever need to buy again. I love how quickly it removes all makeup: foundation, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, waterproof liner & mascara, and all with about 2 pumps of product. Sure, it's a little more expensive than the drugstore makeup removers I used to buy, but they just don't compare, and I can see this remover lasting a long time for me. I've used it every day for almost 3 weeks, and have barely made a dent in it. It just makes my makeup removal a lot less time consuming. With other makeup removers, I would remove what I thought was all of my makeup, and would then wake up the next morning with faint racoon eyes from traces of mascara left behind. I haven't experienced that with the cleanse-off oil.

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out or increased my oiliness. It's a very light, thin oil that feels great, and turns almost milky when rinsed off. For me, it doesn't leave my face feeling greasy, slimey, or slippery; my skin just feels soft and clean. Yeah, it does leave my eyes a little blurry, but that's nothing an eyedrop or two won't fix. After using this, I always follow up with a cleanser, just because my skin is acne prone. But on some nights when I'm in a really lazy mood, I can get away with using just this and wake up without any problems. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but a little goes all the way and it will easily last 2-3 months.