April 21, 2014 | 1095 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by pretty4me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a fan of the double cleansing method I have tried quite a few cleansing oils but MAC is my favorite. No mineral oil, completely removes all makeup and sunscreen, and doesn't break me out! I use 2 or 3 pumps and the bottle lasts forever. I have 3 bottles stockpiled in my closet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by songforafriend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG makeup remover (for now at least). I use this stuff for the eyes as well, because this stuff takes off waterproof mascara as well. Okay, it does sting if it gets into my eyes, but I don't blame the product because it's not meant to be used as an eye makeup remover. It removes Revlon Colorstay (the heaviest duty foundation I use) the best out of all the makeup removers I've tried--still doesn't remove it completely (at least when I use it), but it's the closest. That's enough to convince me. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this stuff! First cleansing oil i tried... got in the Sized To Go bottle to try it out first... it didn't break out my post-accutane/super sensitive skin... removed ALL my eye makeup and my stubborn foundations... felt nice on my skin... wasn't irritating to my sensitive eyes... just fantastic. No oily residue - rinses totally clean. One thing to remember is this is a MAKEUP REMOVER.. not facial cleanser. so follow up with whatever cheap cleanser from the drug store of your choosing. Definitely saving me a lot of extra cash on eye makeup removers, cotton balls and makeup removing wipes! This does all of that. Full size bottle shoul last me 5-7 months. I use 1-2 pumps at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by pinktoxic17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got one word for this product: lifesaver. It really is to me as my skin has been 110% better ever since I started using this. I was so hesitant to buy it because it is oil and I have oily skin so my natural reaction was to be put off by it. But with all the good reviews I've read about it, I just closed my eyes and tried it. It removes most if not all of my makeup (foundation, blush, bronzer, etc.) Only thing is that I have to work harder on removing waterproof mascara. I haven't come across any product that removes waterproof mascara with one swipe anyway. I used the Philosophy one and that one was okay. There was still some makeup residue left when I wipe my face off with a towel (even after a cleanser after it). I totally recommend this to anybody who wants to try it. If you're asking yourself if you should buy this, the answer is YES YES YES!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so happy I found this. I have very dry skin in Winter, and this took all of my makeup off, including waterproof eye makeup. I use Clinique's foamy makeup remover in spring and summer, when my skin is normal/dry, but I will use Mac's in Fall and Winter, when my skin needs the extra moisture. This didn't break me out in zits, and it goes well with the line of cleansers and moisturizers I'm using now (Clinique). I've used it two weeks, and it barely has a dent, so it will last a long time. The only problem is the packaging, because it's so easy for the little knob to turn, so I would be afraid to travel with this product; and since it's an oil, it would ruin anything it spilled on. This is my miracle remover, and, I don't need a face remover, and a separate eye remover, so I'll save money on this, since it's all I need! It also doesn't leave a film on my face, but I do use a face wash after this. Even though I'm saving it for Winter, this has made my face five times more moisturized, and I feel like I don't even need a moisturizer sometimes after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by xjessicawabbit

This cleanse-off oil is the only makeup remover I will ever need to buy again. I love how quickly it removes all makeup: foundation, blush, bronzer, eyeshadow, waterproof liner & mascara, and all with about 2 pumps of product. Sure, it's a little more expensive than the drugstore makeup removers I used to buy, but they just don't compare, and I can see this remover lasting a long time for me. I've used it every day for almost 3 weeks, and have barely made a dent in it. It just makes my makeup removal a lot less time consuming. With other makeup removers, I would remove what I thought was all of my makeup, and would then wake up the next morning with faint racoon eyes from traces of mascara left behind. I haven't experienced that with the cleanse-off oil.

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, and this hasn't broken me out or increased my oiliness. It's a very light, thin oil that feels great, and turns almost milky when rinsed off. For me, it doesn't leave my face feeling greasy, slimey, or slippery; my skin just feels soft and clean. Yeah, it does leave my eyes a little blurry, but that's nothing an eyedrop or two won't fix. After using this, I always follow up with a cleanser, just because my skin is acne prone. But on some nights when I'm in a really lazy mood, I can get away with using just this and wake up without any problems. Yeah, it's a little pricey, but a little goes all the way and it will easily last 2-3 months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good makeup remover for the face, but I do not use it around my eyes. When I use it to remove eye makeup it makes my vision blurry for several minutes, no matter how tightly I keep my eyes closed. For this reason I do not feel comfortable using it on my eyes, I use 100% jojoba oil instead.
However, it is good to use to remove face makeup. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and it has not caused me to have breakouts or irritation. I always follow it up with another cleanser or exfoliator.
I wouldn't say I would never buy this product again, but right now I am currently using The Body Shop foaming tea tree wash to remove face makeup. I find this to be just as effective, if not more, and much more affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:39:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser/make-up remover if you don't have skin that can become dehydrated and a bit sensitive. I have never had a reaction from this and it has always removed all make-up etc, but it was a bit drying sometimes. I have since found dermalogica pre-cleanse which is just as great at removing make-up and cleansing, but it is never drying and my skin feels nice after using it.

EDIT-23/10/2011- I recently ran out of my HG Dermalogica pre-cleanse, and used this as I had a near-full bottle sitting in my cupboard. I was shocked by how drying and harsh this MAC cleanser feels. I have changed my rating from 4 stars to 3 stars, as it does remove makeup, but is way to harsh. Trying this again after using Dermalogica pre-cleanse for the last 6 months made me realise that this MAC one is just a makeup remover, whereas Dermalogica pre-cleanse not only removes makeup, but cleanses my face and makes it feel balanced and glowy. Will never use MAC cleanse off oil again, despite having a nearly full bottle-having 'happy' skin is more important!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic cleansing oil! I've been using it for a few weeks and my skin looks clear and hydrated. I typically use it with my Clarisonic skin brush, but even when it's used on its own, the result is awesome. It definitely removes all traces of makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this. Removes waterproof/Japanese sunscreens and all traces of makeup, apart from maybe the last traces of super-long-wearing formulas like Diorshow waterproof and Hypnose waterproof (for that I use a bit of Bifacil).
I follow up with a rinse-off cleanser and moisturiser. Leaves skin a little dry, so moisturiser is a must. Definitely easier than cold cream - I don't like excessive rubbing in/wiping off etc..
This rates higher on my list than similar (but I assume lower-end) cleansing oils by Softymo and Hipitch, because less product is required. Worth every penny.