August 22, 2014 | 1659 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

I just don't understand where the bad reviews are coming from, I love this product! I have really fine hair, and this doesn't weigh it down OR make it look greasy. The bottle says to distribute it throughout your hair, but you're not really supposed to apply a serum like this (it's fairly oily) to your roots anyhow, so I think that's where people are getting their weighed-down 'dirty looking' hair. My mom uses it as well, and her hair is very thick and curly, and she loves it too. It cuts my drying time down by quite a bit, too, which is always great because the less heat damage the better for me! It smells really nice (kind of nutty, but not at all overpowering), and I love that you can open and close the pump, which makes the bottle handy for traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ok first off I am bi racial and I can nopt do my hair without serum. So I have tried alot of them and I hate this one. It just sits on top of nmy hair and looks so greasy not shiny like other serums. I kept trying this and it kept makeing my hair look like sh**. I would use this before blow drying like I use my other serums and my hair was so weighed down and dirty greasy look after I wash my hair..not cool. Any serum is better then this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ilikeegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I won't repurchase because it takes so much longer to blow-dry my hair with this in it, and if it isn't completely blow dried I find it never dried with my hair and just looked wet/greasy.

It did add some shine but I don't think it's worth the extra blow dry damage and potential to apply too much and look greasy.Plus it did nothing for flyaways or frizz.

I'm still looking for a better shine product.

The only pro was I thought the open/close bottle was great as I try to store all my hair products in a drawer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by shoutlouder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised how much I like this product! Most frizz serums I've tried don't do much for my super thick hair. This one definitely tames frizz and flyaways, making my hair shiny and sleek. I use one pump on blow dried & flat ironed hair and I definitely see a nice difference! Not a miracle worker, but definitely a solid choice for combating frizz and boosting shine & sleekness.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nikita67

Not a bad product- I have rather coarse, thick asian hair and it can be a pain to tame at times. I've committed several hair sins, including coloring, flat-ironing and blow-drying when damp, so my hair definitely isn't in the best shape to start with. I picked this serum up on whim, and I'm pretty pleased with what it can do. It's not a miracle product, but it definitely helps to smooth out and soften my fried strands. It smells fresh and subtle (like citrus) and gives my usually dull hair a considerable amount of shine. The instructions indicate that you should use 1 or 2 pumps, but because of the thickness and craziness of my hair, I found myself using about 3 or 4. It's fairly inexpensive, so I think I'll be purchasing another when I'm through this first bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product does not alleviate frizz at all okay fine maybe for 30 min. like seriously i have to keep applying it to maintain frizz free hair but by that time all my hairs are greasy and heavy :( at first i thought this worked for me so i bought two more bottles. big mistake. the smell is the only thing that works for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. It's not the most moisturizing, which is why I give it a 4. I usually will use some organix on my damp hair and the results is soft and smooth. If I put the Garnier in, the result isn't as good.

However, on dry hair, the Garnier fructis does my my fly away hairs lay down and is light enough.

Still, one more issue. I tried to research this but did the smell make anyone's throat swell? I think it smells good but it seems like everytime I use it, I get an uncomfortable throat. I, now, make sure to use it right before I am about to go outside.

I probably won't purchase again, but it is a very good product. Maybe if they improve hte formula, I'll give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Macyx3

This product was a good buy. It makes my hair fall perfectly. Reduces frizz and doesn't weigh my hair down. It makes my hair very shiny and sleek. It also keeps my hair's volume when I blow dry my hair. Although the pump stopped working, it was still good. Don't get me wrong, the packaging isn't that bad, I guess It was my fault it broke, so I just take the lid off and pour it on the palm of my hand and rub it together and apply it to my hair generously.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kro

I absolutely love this stuff! I have thick, frizzy hair and this works wonders on it. When I wear my hair curly, I work a dime sized amount through my hair while it's still wet and it helps keep my curls smooth and shiny. When I pull my hair up, I work a really small amount through the hair at the top of my head and it keeps all my frizzies down. It's really important that you work it through your hair though- if you just pump a little into your hands and try to smooth it over your hair, it won't be as effective and it will look super greasy. Also, it smells amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CuddleCore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loove this product! It was kinda an impulse purchase because I was shopping in the dollar store & was thinking "Well it's cheaper than Rite Aid" I also Love Garnier Fructis products ... but this worked out soo well for me. It smooths & lays down my hair perfectly. I also love it because it adds amazing shine! It's a must have for me now ... I add it to damp or dy hair & it's perfect all day!

Only con though ... I don't like the smell ...its kinda gross.