January 28, 2015 | 1962 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I bought this after I ran out of my Chi Silk Infusion and didn't want to buy another bottle because it was so expensive. I didn't like this product at first but I gave it a few more tries and now I can tell when its not in my hair. I put it in wet towel dried hair, blowdry my hair then straighten it. The serum makes my hair incredibly soft, silky and shiny all day! It doesn't feel like I have product in my hair like most serums and it does a pretty good job at keeping my hair straight all day long. If my hair gets a little stringy after all day I just run a brush through it and it looks perfect! For the bottle I believe it wasn't even $4 at Walmart. I use 1 pump every day - the bottle has been lasting me since November 2010 (its now April 2011) and I'm not even halfway through the bottle. This product has replaced Chi Silk Infusion for me...I will never use any other product in my hair! Will definitely repurchase when I run out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Catten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Umm, I can't tell you ladies how many anti frizz products I have tried over the years. This is the best serum I've tried, and here's why:

Once you avoid your roots, you do not get the greasy weighed down feeling that other products/serums will give. A little goes a long way, distribute evenly through towel dried hair, focusing on frizzy prone areas. I also wash my hair every other day, and I found with other products on the day after I washed my hair, other anti frizz products would contribute to frizz. Greasy,lacklustre, frizz. Not so with this product.

Garnier, plz never change the formulation of this product. If we want heavy, greasy serums, there is an abundance of those on the market already. Loves this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by sulllllly

XD

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by suzanne123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is.. Ehh, the packaging is alright, when brought with me for travel, it always leaked. The product itself could be better. I felt like it was very watery, the smell was okay, it was sort of faint but I would get whiffs of it during the day. As for fighting frizz it did a mediocre job. Could be better but for about two dollars it wasn't bad. I would usually use it when I kept my hair natural just to smooth out the ends. I will not be repurchasing as there are other products out there that I can try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product works great for when I flat iron my hair. After drying and straightening my hair, I rub just a drop or two of this serum on the length of my hair (not the roots) and it does a great job of preventing static fly-aways and adding a touch of shine. However, it's not enough to keep my hair frizz-free when I leave my hair wavy -- I need a gel or something more heavy-duty to control the frizz then!

The scent is a bit strange but not unpleasant -- it reminds me of pine trees. The scent also quickly fades after you apply the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

I just don't understand where the bad reviews are coming from, I love this product! I have really fine hair, and this doesn't weigh it down OR make it look greasy. The bottle says to distribute it throughout your hair, but you're not really supposed to apply a serum like this (it's fairly oily) to your roots anyhow, so I think that's where people are getting their weighed-down 'dirty looking' hair. My mom uses it as well, and her hair is very thick and curly, and she loves it too. It cuts my drying time down by quite a bit, too, which is always great because the less heat damage the better for me! It smells really nice (kind of nutty, but not at all overpowering), and I love that you can open and close the pump, which makes the bottle handy for traveling.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Ok first off I am bi racial and I can nopt do my hair without serum. So I have tried alot of them and I hate this one. It just sits on top of nmy hair and looks so greasy not shiny like other serums. I kept trying this and it kept makeing my hair look like sh**. I would use this before blow drying like I use my other serums and my hair was so weighed down and dirty greasy look after I wash my hair..not cool. Any serum is better then this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by ilikeegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I won't repurchase because it takes so much longer to blow-dry my hair with this in it, and if it isn't completely blow dried I find it never dried with my hair and just looked wet/greasy.

It did add some shine but I don't think it's worth the extra blow dry damage and potential to apply too much and look greasy.Plus it did nothing for flyaways or frizz.

I'm still looking for a better shine product.

The only pro was I thought the open/close bottle was great as I try to store all my hair products in a drawer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by shoutlouder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised how much I like this product! Most frizz serums I've tried don't do much for my super thick hair. This one definitely tames frizz and flyaways, making my hair shiny and sleek. I use one pump on blow dried & flat ironed hair and I definitely see a nice difference! Not a miracle worker, but definitely a solid choice for combating frizz and boosting shine & sleekness.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nikita67

Not a bad product- I have rather coarse, thick asian hair and it can be a pain to tame at times. I've committed several hair sins, including coloring, flat-ironing and blow-drying when damp, so my hair definitely isn't in the best shape to start with. I picked this serum up on whim, and I'm pretty pleased with what it can do. It's not a miracle product, but it definitely helps to smooth out and soften my fried strands. It smells fresh and subtle (like citrus) and gives my usually dull hair a considerable amount of shine. The instructions indicate that you should use 1 or 2 pumps, but because of the thickness and craziness of my hair, I found myself using about 3 or 4. It's fairly inexpensive, so I think I'll be purchasing another when I'm through this first bottle.