April 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by shoutlouder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised how much I like this product! Most frizz serums I've tried don't do much for my super thick hair. This one definitely tames frizz and flyaways, making my hair shiny and sleek. I use one pump on blow dried & flat ironed hair and I definitely see a nice difference! Not a miracle worker, but definitely a solid choice for combating frizz and boosting shine & sleekness.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by nikita67

Not a bad product- I have rather coarse, thick asian hair and it can be a pain to tame at times. I've committed several hair sins, including coloring, flat-ironing and blow-drying when damp, so my hair definitely isn't in the best shape to start with. I picked this serum up on whim, and I'm pretty pleased with what it can do. It's not a miracle product, but it definitely helps to smooth out and soften my fried strands. It smells fresh and subtle (like citrus) and gives my usually dull hair a considerable amount of shine. The instructions indicate that you should use 1 or 2 pumps, but because of the thickness and craziness of my hair, I found myself using about 3 or 4. It's fairly inexpensive, so I think I'll be purchasing another when I'm through this first bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this product does not alleviate frizz at all okay fine maybe for 30 min. like seriously i have to keep applying it to maintain frizz free hair but by that time all my hairs are greasy and heavy :( at first i thought this worked for me so i bought two more bottles. big mistake. the smell is the only thing that works for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. It's not the most moisturizing, which is why I give it a 4. I usually will use some organix on my damp hair and the results is soft and smooth. If I put the Garnier in, the result isn't as good.

However, on dry hair, the Garnier fructis does my my fly away hairs lay down and is light enough.

Still, one more issue. I tried to research this but did the smell make anyone's throat swell? I think it smells good but it seems like everytime I use it, I get an uncomfortable throat. I, now, make sure to use it right before I am about to go outside.

I probably won't purchase again, but it is a very good product. Maybe if they improve hte formula, I'll give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Macyx3

This product was a good buy. It makes my hair fall perfectly. Reduces frizz and doesn't weigh my hair down. It makes my hair very shiny and sleek. It also keeps my hair's volume when I blow dry my hair. Although the pump stopped working, it was still good. Don't get me wrong, the packaging isn't that bad, I guess It was my fault it broke, so I just take the lid off and pour it on the palm of my hand and rub it together and apply it to my hair generously.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kro

I absolutely love this stuff! I have thick, frizzy hair and this works wonders on it. When I wear my hair curly, I work a dime sized amount through my hair while it's still wet and it helps keep my curls smooth and shiny. When I pull my hair up, I work a really small amount through the hair at the top of my head and it keeps all my frizzies down. It's really important that you work it through your hair though- if you just pump a little into your hands and try to smooth it over your hair, it won't be as effective and it will look super greasy. Also, it smells amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by CuddleCore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loove this product! It was kinda an impulse purchase because I was shopping in the dollar store & was thinking "Well it's cheaper than Rite Aid" I also Love Garnier Fructis products ... but this worked out soo well for me. It smooths & lays down my hair perfectly. I also love it because it adds amazing shine! It's a must have for me now ... I add it to damp or dy hair & it's perfect all day!

Only con though ... I don't like the smell ...its kinda gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am working on my first bottle of this and I honestly say have no idea how I've ever lived without it. It is an ESSENTIAL for me. I just use nickel-sized amount and work it throughout my hair. It gives me a beautiful shine when I blow my hair out. Also, my hair becomes soft and touchable. My frizz is magically gone. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

I am on my third bottle of this over the past four years. I return to it over and over when I travel to Houston. I apply 1 pump on wet hair, focusing below the ears, and it gives me a nice smooth shiny blowout. I have fine hair that is somehow also coarse (ummm only SOME of the hairs are!) so I am very prone to big, puffy hair that has a mind of its own when I am in humidity. This helps! I have to put it on when my hair is quite wet though (<5 min in a towel post-shower) because if my hair dries more than that, it can be flat with this product.

I like it as an alternative to Frizz-Ease (wayyy to heavy for my liking; I only use for special occasions like being photographed in humid climates like for a wedding!) and it is inexpensive and lasts a long time. Fruit smell isn't too overwhelming.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 5:14:00 AM More reviews by mwujek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the way this product controls the frizzes especially in high humidity.