April 20, 2014 | 1701 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

I never thought I would say this but I love Chanel no.5. I don't like the edp but I love the edt and the cologne. Cologne has been discontinued and the current edt is rather blah. But the vintage edt...WOW! It is so much better, really awesome. And it will be available on e-bay for years to come, so if you like Chanel no.5, that is the way to go!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Maryam1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume is wildly overlooked because people tend to associate this fragrance with an older generations. I had a sample of this and decided to give it a try. I am 27, so not old, and after first spraying this on I did not like it at first, but after 10 mins or so I could smell the warm base notes. I let my husband smell it to see what he thought. He is 26 years old and he said it smelled good and I didn't tell him what it was. My husband usually doesn't comment on what i wear. He also like J`dore and other flowery or musky scents. When I ask him to smell the sweet stuff like pink sugar, lolita limpika, light blue by DG and other popular stuff he doesn't really care for them as much. I guess everyone is different. Still I think this is a classic mature scent and you either love it or hate it. I would not use it everyday but maybe to go out in the evening. I'd say try a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by fcirone1

I am reviewing the edp. This is extremely different than the edt which doesn't smell as deep as compared to the edp. The edp just melts into your skin and smells like powder and iris to me...very clean and soothing..i love to spray it on after my shower before going to sleep i feel very clean and comforting. Lovely scent, nice break from my other scents which i have plenty of....i think i will always have this in my fragrance wardrobe. Would love to try the bath powder..hard to find though!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

STINKS and is HEAVILY OVERRATED!! This is very powdery and old fashioned smelling. This is another scent that is getting sales on it's name alone. If this wasn't "CHANEL" this would have been gone years ago, but people will buy it just to say they have Chanel Number 5. I would be embarrased to wear this in public for fear it would arrive in the room before I did. This is the perfume equivalent to Japanese Cherry Blossom by BBW and Lord knows that mess is stankin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by wesharethenight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the hype. I wonder if people would still celebrate this perfume as much if they didn't know it was Chanel. It smells like talcum powder, and it's a scent I would rather buy for my grandmother than myself. And the price is absolutely ridiculous. In Australia it's about $160 for a 50mL bottle and $200 and something for the 100mL.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got one as a new years gift and after one spray I was coughing and whizzing my lungs out O_o

is this really the famous perfume that coco channel favored? totally synthetic and way too old fashioned. it smells better after it cools down but do you really want to smell like a woman from 1935???

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by italiagirl007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ohhhh god. This smells exactly like my grandmother. It's like a mix of baby powder and dying roses. Horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by KRaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This fragrance, when first sprayed, may leave a few disenchanted, but the dry down is magnificent. I think this is one of the most feminine scents available. While it's made in the USA, it was created for Coco Chanel by her then-lover, and paved the way for all parfums "Francais". I was so delighted to receive a bottle for Christmas.....after all, who can resist the scent that Marilyn Monroe swore by?

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by LudiliUK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will never never use this perfume again.
I can't support this synthetic smell, rose is so old fashion too me, not modern at all.. so sorry for the lovers of N5, I can't understand... it was my first perfume, what a mistake ! I like their make up :) but not their perfume.......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Oh dear, no. Avoid at all costs. Unless, of course, you find the prospect of smelling like your grandmother's old talcum powder alluring.
Incredible that this should have cult status!