August 30, 2014 | 1789 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's a fragrance that doesn't deserve half of the praise it gets. I have it in my collection, because, well, it IS a classic...but I definitely don't whip it out often. The scent is very Chanel, though...AKA, not me! It's not sexy at all...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

When I was little, my mum always often bought Camay soap that smelt like Chanel No.5. Camay's soaps were AMAZING! Every time after being in out sauna (the little-wooden-house type, with birch on the walls), we showered and used the "No.5 soap" - it smelt very antique, luxurious and soapy, and I loved that smell. The smell was a perfect "after-sauna" smell. However, when my mum got a bottle of No.5 a couple of years back, neither of us liked it - it smelt great as a soap, but I don't want to wear the smell as perfume: it's very overpowering and even soapier than the soap smelt and it smells dusty. BTW: the soap was appropriate for any age group. So, I give the soap a 5/5, but the perfume only gets a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's beautiful to find so many reviews here that express how this reminds them of their mother. I'm yet another one. My mother was never the most glamorous, and she rarely dressed up and went out but when she did and put No. 5 on it was as if it opened another world up. It transported me to a world of elegance and refinement in my own home. Even as a very young child I remember how powerful it was. I realise it now, Chanel No. 5 was my first lesson in seduction. As a teeneger my mother offered to loan me her No. 5 but I always shyed away feeling that a woman who wore such a fragrance had to truly live it up to it. It's only now at age 25 that feel grown enough to wear with confidence. I'm not sure if I will ever make this my own or it forever will belong to my mother but I'll always go back to it.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Seeyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel N5 is highly over-rated and so blxxdy expensive. Its a must have because it's a cult and it is claimed that its the most bought item in the world. I have many cheapy perfume that smells much more pleasant than Chanel N5. However, I will not give it away as it is a keep sake and I will never buy it again.

For adelyhic floral, VCA First is many many times more comfortable smelling and smells more high class and elegant than CN5. CN5 smells similar to Grey Flannel. It wont even qualify to be my air freshner and will never buy it again. CN5 is last on my list after Guerlain HR, Heritage, JHAG LV, Agt Provocateur, Glow, I love Paris, Tous Gold, Chloe Love and many more.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

musky metallic scent with too much alcohol. It dries to a baby powder musky scent. One of the most disturbing thing about this fragrant that triggered nausea for me was the dead civet as the secret perfume ingredient for Chanel No. 5. Old perfumes of the past usually are expensive mostly because it contains excrements from the butt of the cat like cute cuddly animal called civet. Civets are endangered species that live in Asia and African, sometimes are kept as house pets. These furry animals are sometimes referred to as "toddycats". Basically the animal has to be killed in order to extract this special juice from it's anus(butt hole) to produce this type of special musk for Chanel No 5 and various other older perfumes. This fragrance has been around since Marilyn Monroe. Now they are trying to bring it back to modern time by advertising all over magazines and ads at the mall. I would never use the spray bottle because it has too much alcohol. I don't see how these old ancient perfumes can compete except for the baby boomer demographic. yes my mum used to wear channel 5 too. I too thought it was the most beautiful thing back then because I didn't know any other perfume existed. Now there are the body shop, victoria's secret, etc. Seriously, there weren't much women's perfume selection back then like there are now. The old perfumes tend to be very strong, acrid, sharp, head ache induced, chemical smell. Some women falsely believe that the more of this stuff they have on, the sexier they are. When in fact, young healthy women , as long as they keep a good personal hygiene smells naturally beautiful and only need a light fragrant to enhance their magnetism. Strong perfume is like wearing a pound of makeup to change your look to a completely different species. Not sexy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

This is one of those scents that make you automatically think of an old woman. I have no idea why so many people want to wear this. If it wasn't Chanel it wouldn't be as popular as it is. It smells like weirdly strong alcohol and medicine and it's just gross. It lasts forever, which I guess is good if you like the scent, but if you don't then it's a nightmare. Plus, the price? Are you kidding me?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Marchoiness88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember when I first smelt this at 11, I knew right there I love the scent. This is my favorite scent. It's timeless. I wanna say its a slight musk. A little goes a long way and it's beautiful during the day or night. I wouldn't wear this the summer. I find it to be a little over powering. The glass bottle is plain but very chic looking

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by PollyWafflez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! I'm 25 and I fell in love love love with it when i was 21. Everyone who smelt me wearing it likes it too. I love wearing it when i'm going to sleep! I also like Oscar De La Renta- Oscar and Armani Code :-D I like powdery, soapy smells. It's my HG perfume definately :-D

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Too powdery!!!! and reminds of soap bar.classic but not classy.
not suitable for me... it's like a grandma's perfume signature.
i thought this no 5 original edp was flowery but it's not...
i just in love with the packaging.so luxury and very chanel.

one more : althought this no 5 comes in edp version but it's not long last on my wrist... different from coco ranges...
coco and coco mademoiselle edp are long last...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dboudreaux8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Coco Chanel made three versions of this perfume, the actual parfume, the edp, and the edt. If you cannot afford the original parfume (about $100 per oz). try the edt. It smells the closest to the real thing. The edp has burbon added (in the 1980's). That addition makes it smell different than the parfume or the edt. Also, the edt comes in a 1oz bottle for $55.00, not bad for a taste of Paris luxe. Besides, it NEVER goes out of style.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No