The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I tried this out because it had some good reviews and there was a promotion. It doesn't work very well. It can remove eyeshadow, but it doesn't work very well on eyeliner or mascara. I also got some into my eyes once and it stung really badly. I'm going to finish using up the bottle on eyeshadow but will not be repurchasing. I like Neutrogena's eye makeup remover the best.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for a few years now and I love it. I've tried other high-end eye makeup removers and they all had a fragrance or left an oily residue. This is a great liquid eye makeup remover that can take off everything that isn't waterproof easily. Just squirt a little on a cotton pad and gently dab and wipe away!

You get a lot of product for your money, and TBS has several sales throughout the year where you can pick this up for considerably less. I recommend finding a pump that works with this bottle to make using it even easier. TBS also makes a waterproof eye makeup remover that is a thicker cream, great for removing your more stubbon waterproof liners.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive been using this eye makeup remover since I started usign makeup, whch is about 7 years ago. I started using it way back when it was still the old formula, it didnt have the camomile in it. I loved it then and I love it even more now; its so much more gentle on the eye area. I love that it doesnt leave any residue, so I use it when Im applying makeup and have a mess/mistake that Ive made and need to clean up without leave any oily residue. Its pricey so I mostly use it for that purpose and use the clean and clear makeup remover at night before I wash my face.
Wish it was cheaper, but love it nonetheless!

This is a very gentle eye make up remover. You may say it causes irritation or it burns your eyes but the fact is if it's any less stronger then you would better use water to remove it. It needs to have some stronge substance to remove makeup. The good thing is it's not greasy which most of eye removers are. It can be pricey but compare to other high brand, this is a fair price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Prior to using the Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, I was using a make-up remover by L'Oreal. Where L'Oreal's product burned my eyes and left my skin feeling very dry and unbearably tight, The Body Shop's CGEMR was a blessing in disguise. The skin around my eyes is softer than ever, my eyes no longer sting or burn, and my eyelashes have gradually recovered from the abuse of L'Oreal's product. A little of this make-up remover goes a long way. The little opening is perfect for use on Q-tips for the ever troublesome eyeliner and mascara mistakes, touch-ups, and removal. I will definitely buy this again in a heartbeat.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product burned my eyes. I was very careful but invariably some would sneak into my eyes and sting. I would not repurchase or recommend.

I'm also surprised by all the negative reviews of this remover. I've already gone through nearly two bottles, so I'd say it's my HG eye makeup remover. One swipe removes over 90% of my makeup, and most importantly, it doesn't leave an oily residue on my lids, like so many other removers do. As for the stinging, it has stung my eyes before but only when I've accidentally dumped too much onto the cotton ball or the q-tip and a lot of the remover went into my eye. It's not meant for "direct eye contact," which makes sense; be gentle--don't douse your eyes in it! The price could be better, but honestly, the bottles last me a long time. A little goes a long way.

Bad. It burnt my eyes! I'm glad I didn't buy it~ I just got a sample :)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Totally agree with the previous reviewer. She said it perfectly. It also has a small hole so you can use a Qtip to easily clean up eye makeup errors and do overs without redoing your whole face. Very effecive . . . .

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This eye makeup remover is fantastic. It is quite pricey (that's why I knocked off a lippy) but it lasts ages! It has never stung my eye area like other brands have and it takes everyting off really easily, no tugging or dragging needed! Just don't expect it to remove waterproof makeup, you need special oil and water combo eye makeup remover for that! Would definitely use again!