November 28, 2014 | 1282 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dazzy58

I'm also surprised by all the negative reviews of this remover. I've already gone through nearly two bottles, so I'd say it's my HG eye makeup remover. One swipe removes over 90% of my makeup, and most importantly, it doesn't leave an oily residue on my lids, like so many other removers do. As for the stinging, it has stung my eyes before but only when I've accidentally dumped too much onto the cotton ball or the q-tip and a lot of the remover went into my eye. It's not meant for "direct eye contact," which makes sense; be gentle--don't douse your eyes in it! The price could be better, but honestly, the bottles last me a long time. A little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2009 6:05:00 AM More reviews by hana86

Bad. It burnt my eyes! I'm glad I didn't buy it~ I just got a sample :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by shelju

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Totally agree with the previous reviewer. She said it perfectly. It also has a small hole so you can use a Qtip to easily clean up eye makeup errors and do overs without redoing your whole face. Very effecive . . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by mazerooni987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye makeup remover is fantastic. It is quite pricey (that's why I knocked off a lippy) but it lasts ages! It has never stung my eye area like other brands have and it takes everyting off really easily, no tugging or dragging needed! Just don't expect it to remove waterproof makeup, you need special oil and water combo eye makeup remover for that! Would definitely use again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by PeachDarling

PROS: Non-oily consistency, a little goes a long way. Great for removing everyday mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow.

CONS: Did not remove waterproof mascara (Maybelline's Colossal Lash) or waterproof eyeliner (MAC's Liquid Last Eyeliner). Not as gentle as it would seem, does cause some burning if you're not careful.

To be fair, MAC's Liquidlast is basically like getting a tattoo -- that stuff never comes off!

I would recommend using this product on a Q-tip for correcting eyeliner smudges although at $14.50 it seems a little pricey to keep it for that singular purpose.

I would not repurchase this product; there are many more effective and less expensive options on the market.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by banana77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking that it would be gentle because of the chamomile... no such luck. It burned my eyes every single time I tried to remove makeup.

I've heard that it doesn't do this to everyone though. Still, I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 5:55:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this years ago, but it stung my eyes and I didn't like it and wouldn't buy this product again. It's expensive and you can get something much better and less costly from the DS. There are somethings from the Body Shop I really love: like their body butters, or lip balm. This isn't one of their star products at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by juicygirl15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looooove this remover. It gets EVERYTHING off, and it doesn't even burn, even though my eyes are sensitive and I wear contacts. It doesn't even leave an oily residue like some other eye makeup removers. You should definitely try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 1:50:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I've used this product only twice, but I already feel I need to rave about it. I normally use the Target brand Neutrogena knock-off remover, which works very well, but leaves an oily feeling residue. This remover from the Body Shop, is absolutely amazing. Extremely gentle, yet powerful. Totally removed all my waterproof eye liner and mascara without any effort. My eyes felt "clean" but not dry. I couldn't believe it.
Once in a while you stumble upon a product that just works 100% for you - and this is it. Unfortunately, this product is not cheap. It's $14.50 in the stores. Is it worth it? Right now, I'd have to say YES! Packaging? Eh, not so pretty. It's a white plastic bottle with a lot of print on it. Hard to tell how much you have left. Guess I'll have to stock up!

UPDATE - I recently switched to Lash Blast Waterproof mascara and this product has a really hard time removing it. After much effort in trying to get the mascara off, I still end up with raccoon eyes when I wash my face afterward.
The remover works great with other mascaras (like my old favorite - L'Oreal Voluminous), but just doesn't work with the Lash Blast.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by chibiyumichan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The product stings my eyes and peeled my skin. I am easily sensitive to facial products. Unfortunity this one is not as gentle as it mentioned.