The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 1/5/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Prior to using the Chamomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, I was using a make-up remover by L'Oreal. Where L'Oreal's product burned my eyes and left my skin feeling very dry and unbearably tight, The Body Shop's CGEMR was a blessing in disguise. The skin around my eyes is softer than ever, my eyes no longer sting or burn, and my eyelashes have gradually recovered from the abuse of L'Oreal's product. A little of this make-up remover goes a long way. The little opening is perfect for use on Q-tips for the ever troublesome eyeliner and mascara mistakes, touch-ups, and removal. I will definitely buy this again in a heartbeat.

on 12/1/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product burned my eyes. I was very careful but invariably some would sneak into my eyes and sting. I would not repurchase or recommend.

on 11/26/2009 10:22:00 PM

I'm also surprised by all the negative reviews of this remover. I've already gone through nearly two bottles, so I'd say it's my HG eye makeup remover. One swipe removes over 90% of my makeup, and most importantly, it doesn't leave an oily residue on my lids, like so many other removers do. As for the stinging, it has stung my eyes before but only when I've accidentally dumped too much onto the cotton ball or the q-tip and a lot of the remover went into my eye. It's not meant for "direct eye contact," which makes sense; be gentle--don't douse your eyes in it! The price could be better, but honestly, the bottles last me a long time. A little goes a long way.

on 11/14/2009 6:05:00 AM

Bad. It burnt my eyes! I'm glad I didn't buy it~ I just got a sample :)

on 11/3/2009 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Totally agree with the previous reviewer. She said it perfectly. It also has a small hole so you can use a Qtip to easily clean up eye makeup errors and do overs without redoing your whole face. Very effecive . . . .

on 11/2/2009 9:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This eye makeup remover is fantastic. It is quite pricey (that's why I knocked off a lippy) but it lasts ages! It has never stung my eye area like other brands have and it takes everyting off really easily, no tugging or dragging needed! Just don't expect it to remove waterproof makeup, you need special oil and water combo eye makeup remover for that! Would definitely use again!

on 10/30/2009 2:42:00 PM

PROS: Non-oily consistency, a little goes a long way. Great for removing everyday mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow.

CONS: Did not remove waterproof mascara (Maybelline's Colossal Lash) or waterproof eyeliner (MAC's Liquid Last Eyeliner). Not as gentle as it would seem, does cause some burning if you're not careful.

To be fair, MAC's Liquidlast is basically like getting a tattoo -- that stuff never comes off!

I would recommend using this product on a Q-tip for correcting eyeliner smudges although at $14.50 it seems a little pricey to keep it for that singular purpose.

I would not repurchase this product; there are many more effective and less expensive options on the market.

on 10/29/2009 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this thinking that it would be gentle because of the chamomile... no such luck. It burned my eyes every single time I tried to remove makeup.

I've heard that it doesn't do this to everyone though. Still, I wouldn't recommend it.

on 10/29/2009 5:55:00 AM

I used this years ago, but it stung my eyes and I didn't like it and wouldn't buy this product again. It's expensive and you can get something much better and less costly from the DS. There are somethings from the Body Shop I really love: like their body butters, or lip balm. This isn't one of their star products at all.

on 10/27/2009 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I looooove this remover. It gets EVERYTHING off, and it doesn't even burn, even though my eyes are sensitive and I wear contacts. It doesn't even leave an oily residue like some other eye makeup removers. You should definitely try it!