October 23, 2014 | 1793 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Valou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I talk briefly about the shower gel in my silly little YouTube review, here:

This is my favorite shower gel of all time, the fragrance that hooked me onto Lush, and that changed my shower experience forever :) I smell the same "dirty" jasmine as everyone else, and I love it. It's an extremely sensual fragrance, and it makes my bathroom smell wonderful for hours afterwards. Lathers nicely too. Only downside is that once the expiry date has passed, boy oh boy does the fragrance turn!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by fabchic

Lets start out with saying i had high hopes for this one..I love the smell of Jasmine and i was hoping this would smell a lot like the solid shampoo "Godiva"...

Im sad to say that is not the case...this smells NOTHING like Godiva!!! =( So for those of you that love the scent of Godiva..don't be fooled into thinking this shower gel smells the same...because it DOESNT...

I really hate the smell of Flying Fox!!!!!! I cant return it and now im stuck with using it...so i use it on the days im not leaving the house because i don't want people to smell this on me. =(

If for a second i ignore the scent and talk about how this is as a shower gel..i would say it's an OKAY shower gel, very thin consistency (which i prefer) but it doesn't lather as much as id like and on me its very Drying... Also its quite expensive so to me this isn't worth buying..save your money and spend it on something else.

I bought this ONLINE (never smelled it before had no idea what it would be like) thinking id love it...i think its best to visit an actual LUSH store and smell their products first before blindly purchasing them. Don't get me wrong LUSH is a lovely store and its one of my Favorites but you need to smell their products in person before actually committing to buy and later be disappointed about the scent and ect...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

I have never had an issue with my sponge smelling weird...sounds gross right?

well Flying Fox makes my sponge smell funky!
when you first smell it in the store its yummy but then after using it two times or so i began to hate it, its a very sickly smell and sticks to my spongeeeee, even if i use another shower gel it takes about 3 washes to stop smelling like flying fox.

i dont like anything from the flying fox line... even with godiva i started out loving the smell and ended up throwing it out the bathroom window... literally.

(but keep in mind that ever single batch will smell diffrent!) so make sure to smell before you actually buy it. the one you buy might not smell like the open tester.

im honestly not sure why this smell seems to grow worse with time maybe it goes bad fast?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by theunknownforce

Even though this shower gel contains four different types of honey, I don't really smell it, I only smell the jasmine, which is really strong. The scent isn't really something that I want to smell like, I do like to use this shower gel on days where I want to smell and feel clean. However, I wouldn't pay $26 for a 500 ml bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first purchased Flying Fox I was absolutely smitten with it! This shower gel is meant to take one on a sensory journey. It boasts on the label that the essential oils have aphrodisiac qualities (think Herbal Essence commercials), and relieves PMS. Needless to say, I still have this since purchasing over a year and half ago...the scent is so overpoweringly flowery and sweet, that after a while I only brought it out when I was craving it (which is less and less these days). As far as its cleansing properties, I find that it leaves me squeaky clean, which equals dryness to my already rough skin when used frequently (it contains a detergent-Sodium Laureth Sulfate). It is not as moisturizing as I'd hoped .

The scent is such that some are in love with it, some it instills a gag reflex (my old roommate always cursed when she walked into the bathroom after I'd used this). I agree with others that this is a jasmine blast, and I would add that it has a bit of earthiness and is VERY sweet smelling in a honeyed toffee way.

Some advice for those who are having trouble liking/on the fence about it-I find that the ingredients separate in the bottle and therefore smells much better if you give it a good shaking before use. I finally resorted to using it as a hand wash, which I find much more tolerable, as the scent lasts and lasts on skin, more so than any other soap or shower gel I've used.

Note-I also have the temple balm in the same scent, and have used that as a solid perfume, and I think it is a much lighter, enjoyable version of this fragrance. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore, but may bring it back someday like LUSH so often does with discont'd products.

I enjoy the LUSH soap bars much more and they are more reasonably priced as well as being overall better for my skin.

Ingredients:Honey (Mel), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chinese Angelica, Burdock Root and Jasmine Flower Infusion, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hungarian Honey (Mel), Greek Honey (Mel), English Honey (Mel), Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

*Naturally occurs in essential oils

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:17:00 AM More reviews by jasminefoxedme

This is one of my absolute favorite Lush products, and by far my favorite Lush shower gel. The reviewer who said it smells like jasmine, tea, and honey is exactly right. Jasmine is definitely the most powerful of the scents, with the honey just adding a bit of sweetness. I find it to be ultra feminine, a bit old fashioned, and all around gorgeous

It also has my favorite texture of the Lush shower gels. With the exception of Flying Fox and Happy Hippy, I find their shower gels to be quite runny and not thick enough. Flying Fox is kind of the thickness of honey without being sticky.

For those hoping to find a honey scented shower gel, this is not it. This is very much a jasmine scented product with a touch of honey. Check out Honey I Washed the Kids soap, Flying Saucers shower gel or Honey Waffle soap, the last two of which are coming out with the Retro collection, if you're looking for a sweet honey scent from a Lush shower product. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by saracc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this smell! Its one of my faourites from lush, and one of the nicest smells i have ever found. i think its the jasmine. and i really love it.. average price for a lush shower gel. didnt feel like it did anything in particular for my skin, unlike other lush products. but didnt do anything bad for my skin either.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsSinkShips

I really wanted to like this (I love jasmine and honey) but the smell is just terrible. It was drying and irritating as well and just a tad bit too expensive. Won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by likeshesaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

GAG. I think Flying Fox is really hit or miss...I, for one, hate it. After using it I smelled like a grandmother who smokes too much. I passed it along to my dad who is obsessed with it for some reason. Definitely test if before buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:20:00 AM More reviews by catteys

Got a small bottle of 100ml from a gift box, and i'm in love with it =) The smell of jasmine and honey match perfectly, sweet and relaxing! Also it makes my skin softer and quite moisturising. I think the price is a bit too high for shower gel but i will still buy it.
PS. the name is lovely too.