April 16, 2014 | 874 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh brother! i must have the strangest lids ever or im doing it wrong. ( i have the one in the little tube) THis still creases like anything on me. I applied this morning and put on some clinique all about shadow on top and looked in the mirror and my lids are bare except for the line of caked up shadow in my crease.

Disappointment plus.

ive used it as mentioned above and with benefit creaseless cream shadown and colour tattoo (both with powder and without) and its always creases galore.

gah!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I am using the sample that came with the original naked palette. Its definitely a great primer and I finally understand what all the hype is about. This goes on smoothly and blends nice. My eyeshadows last longer and more intense.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by anhho

Love this product. It is easy to apply and it looks very smooth. It helps to even out the skin tone over my eyelids which makes my eyeshadow color pop. It also helps my eyeshadow last all day long.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is so inconsistent. I'm using the sample size that came in my Naked palette, and while I think it works better than, say, the ELF $1 eye primer, it is incredibly hit and miss. Some days, I can wear eye shadow for 10 hours without it creasing, other days, I don't even get 6 hours of wear out of this before my eye makeup creases. This is a problem since the only days I wear eye shadow and really need it to stay looking nice are days when I'm out of the house for 12 hours.

What I found the most odd was that it works better with eyeshadows that aren't from the Naked palette. I try to apply colors from this palette sheerly for a subtle daytime look, but they apply so unevenly with this primer and look patchy. So weird.

I love UD products and so I'm disappointed that one of their most celebrated products is such a flop for me. I think when this runs out, I'll look for something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I finally broke down and bought this overrated primer and you know what? It's not that bad! You have to make sure you're applying this in a thin layer on hydrated eye lids because this is drying. Other than that it's pretty good my eyeshadows last all day. I really bought this because I was using buxoms eyeliner and that crap would run all over the place this stopped that from happening ever again!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lonefreckle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really confused when I first bought the infamous UDPP. It was my first foray into eye primers, so I initially thought I was using it wrong. Because it just didn't work for me.

I have eyelids that are really dry without moisturizer, and then super oily moisturized and with makeup on. Even experimenting with different moisturizers and foundations and concealers, I could not get this to work for me. Crease city.

Finally I switched to the Nars eyeshadow base and found a way to wear eyeshadow without embarrassment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow primer is really good. It does a good job of keeping my eyeshadow on all day. I have no complaints. The bottle it comes in is cute. You apply the primer using a wand (similar to a lipgloss wand). The product is scentless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a try when I was able to get it on sale...
I think it's OK, but I don't understand all the hype. Granted, maybe my expectations have been built up due to all the raves I've heard about this, but I like my NYX primer (in white) much better & it's a fraction of the cost of this & it also makes a significant difference in the intensity of my eye shadows.

ETA: I discovered a way to make this more useful to me...
I have found that this is good to use under my eyes with a dusting of powder over it prior to applying my eyeliner. This helps set my eyeliner, as well as keeping some (but not all) mascaras from smudging.
Still don't think I'd buy it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by featherslikeanchors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is maybe the only product I will fork out twenty bucks for. I have tried other primers and they do not compare to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have oily eyelids and this does not keep my eye shadows on for very long unfortunately. I also have the one in the old packaging, so it all got stuck at the bottom, so i'm glad they changed the packaging.