April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by hollahayley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this brush yesterday it cost 48 euros so about 45 absolutle rip off!!!
i have never had a brush sed as much in my life! if i hadnt removed the brush fibers left on my face i would be covered!
each time i used it it just lost more and more fibers!! why??? i used it with the mac foundation i also bought and well... it made an absolute MESS!!! made it look disgusting!!! and just really bad!!!!
i then used it with my normal lancome foundation and it looked okay then but still shed loads.
it left a good effect with my lancome make up but i can get the same look with my normal foundation brush.
i wouldnt recormend this brush!
waste of a LOT of money!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ceire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was always completely sceptical about using brushes for putting on foundation and after using this I am totally converted. Once you get used to it it offers an even coverage and uses much less foundation. This brush is really amazing. Worth the money.
LOVE IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by damsel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am actually amazed to see the high ratings for this product. Nothing special about it, uses loads of foundation. Will not be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible brush! It sheds a lot, sigma brushes look exactly the same, are much more affordable and don't shed like these from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by pinknouveau20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the 2nd softest MAC brush that I own. First is the 182 but with HORRIBLE shedding. This brush is a multi-purpose brush. I can use it in applying Graftobian HD foundation in the pot or the Studio Fix Powder Foundation and applies blush smoothly and perfectly blended. Will buy another one only if I lost this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by gingerwinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best foundation brush.. (if used properly) expensive, 32.50 is pretty steep for a brush but totally worth it! Can give an airbrushed effect.. for those lucky enough to not have any pimples. Needs washed around twice a week, i use shampoo to clean mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by fwoo

My first MAC brush! I was actually going to get the regular foundation brush but the SA was really nice and answered all my questions, she said this was better for thicker foundation (i use a mixture of lioele BB cream and MAC tinted moisturiser). Liking it so far, it does give that airbrush effect and I've noticed i use less foundation now. It also works pretty well for a thinner foundation like Covergirl Clean (was looking for a light, summer foundation but this slides, hate), and it applied like a perfect, even and thin layer of it. I found it really annoying to clean though, but it only shed one or two hairs for me, so i guess i'm lucky. Gave it a 2 for packaging, it came in a plastic cover and... for a product like this, shouldn't it come in a box? Whatever, not a big deal. Can't comment more because i stopped using foundation for awhile to clear up hopefully, the last of my dry skin from the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by JCha

I use this brush for my studio fix powder for sheer coverage, for blush to create a sheer coverage, its good for cream blushes as well. People need to start using this brush correctly instead of complaining.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by emeliablack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ummed and erred for this product i needed a new foundation brush but i heard you could only use it for powder? Anyway i ordered it and have been using it ever since, at first some bristles of the brush atchully came on my face when i applied with foundation, but after 2 days of using it, it thickened up and no more bristles and its brilliant i use for powder aswell love this its easy to buffer all make up in and is way better than normal foundation brushes sponges fingers and yeh!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When/if I decide to wear foundation, I apply it with this brush. I get the brush damp so it gives a sheer coverage. If you wash your brushes regularly, they should last you a really long time. The MAC 187 is $42 but Sigma makes a similar brush called Duo Fibre F50 for $18. I highly recommend the Sigma one because of the price, they are pretty much the same brush. I wasn't paid to write this review, just thought others would like to know where to get a cheaper brush. I bought the MAC one, and wish I knew about Sigma before I dropped $42 on a single brush. :)