October 25, 2014 | 1764 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Ella90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never thought I'd be so disappointed by MAC product
At first , I'm in love with MAC
But...
I use revlon foundation and Sephora #45 brush and I love them together , but yesterday I thought " no way , i MUST HAVE 187 , all that people from Make up Alley can't be wrong"

And that was mistake.
Sorry #187 , SEPHORA #45 do it so much better :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by steffy0419

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush does nothing special, I mean it does leave a flawless look..but it is a look any other brush can give you. It leaves hair behind which suck and the hairs also spread. So for the amount of money this brush cost I wont buy it again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush. It makes such a difference. Before I would use my fingers or a sponge. I bought this on a whim and I use it all the time in conjunction with usually my mac 190. it does shed some but it gives a flawless finish and I use less foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Cayla29S

I actually really like this brush. It makes my foundation so much easier to apply and just look more flawless. It is expensive but I think if you take care of it then it should last for a long time. My only annoyance with this is that after washing it I notice that the black part of it sheds a little bit. It sometimes even gets on my face when applying foundation. Other than that I have no issues with it. It dries quick too which is always convenient.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 2014-04-12: I went to MAC and received a new brush, even without the receipt. Thumbs up. Though when I wash my new one, it kind of leaks black dye (?) to the white bristles, making them grey, and when I use it the first time after washing it transfers the grey to my face... Still my favourite brush though.

UPDATE 2013-08-23: The whole brush head fell off from the handle. I'm sad.

UPDATE 2013-03-26: It has now been one year since this review, and my brush is still going strong. No bristles are falling off, still like new. :)

~

Size/Quality of bristles:
This is the perfect size for me. The bristles are 4 cm (1.6 inches) and is like a bigger version of the 188. Mine doesn't shed every brush is hand made and some can be poorly made.

Usage:
This is good for applying foundation all over the face and neck, the 188 will work too but with this it takes less time and work. It's not as easy to get into corners around the nose and eyes, the 188 or 130 is better for that, but it's not a must to get those two. It can be used to apply powder, cream and powder blush and highlighter too.

Personal opinion:
I can't use any other brush without the foundation streaking. Flat brushes, kabuki brushes, everything makes it streaky except sponges, and sponges are dirty, expensive and eats up all the foundation. This brush makes you use much less foundation.

Advice:
The best way to use it, according to me, is to dip it in foundation (not too much at a time), dab it on your skin, then swirl - but don't press the brush against your skin, it should barely touch your skin.

5/5, it is expensive but you will never have to repurchase it if you take care of it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kathhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

One of my all-time favorite brushes. I love it for applying foundation as it doesn't look cakey and provides a flawless finish. Sometimes I like to mist it with fix+ so that too much product is not absorbed by the brush and to ensure that it applies nicely. This is also a great brush for applying cream blushes as it blends them on the cheek very nicely and doesn't deposit too much product. A must have brush, I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

It makes you feel good by spreading /buffing/stippling your foundation on your face, resulting in perfection. HOWEVER, it's high maintenance (hard to clean), and always is guilty of leaving a trail of brush hairs off your face. Kind of like that bad ex boyfriend who makes you feel good, does everything perfect, but leaves a mess behind every time. And you always go back, it's an endless cycle where you end up disappointed yet again. Everytime. When I am feeling patient, I use this. Most of the time, I use my LY super foundation. Still searching for the perfect brush....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

This brush will give a nice finish if used correctly. Has minimal shedding once in awhile which is disappointing given the price point. I clean my brush every after use any laid flat or hanged upside down to help retain it's shape. I currently use Bioderma which is a make up remover - it may ot be the best brush cleanser but I have yet to research the best kinds. Given that I use a liquid form cleanser, it is essential that any brush not be dried with bristles pointing up as this will allow the solution to pool at the base of the bristles aside from splaying the bristles out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by hollahayley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this brush yesterday it cost 48 euros so about 45 absolutle rip off!!!
i have never had a brush sed as much in my life! if i hadnt removed the brush fibers left on my face i would be covered!
each time i used it it just lost more and more fibers!! why??? i used it with the mac foundation i also bought and well... it made an absolute MESS!!! made it look disgusting!!! and just really bad!!!!
i then used it with my normal lancome foundation and it looked okay then but still shed loads.
it left a good effect with my lancome make up but i can get the same look with my normal foundation brush.
i wouldnt recormend this brush!
waste of a LOT of money!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ceire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was always completely sceptical about using brushes for putting on foundation and after using this I am totally converted. Once you get used to it it offers an even coverage and uses much less foundation. This brush is really amazing. Worth the money.
LOVE IT!!