April 17, 2014 | 1431 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 2:19:00 AM More reviews by diachu21

iam very concerned with the sun, so i decided to purchase this for sports/camping/outdoor activites. this overall is a very good sunscreen although for someone who is fair, this product looks very fake again in natural light! one thing i don't understand is why put sunscreen in a product when it is intended for out door use and simply looks terrible!. Plus do not try to layer this under fdn. i would cake and feel extremly heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2004 12:38:00 PM More reviews by cherrychums

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first stick foundation I tried and I love it. I brought most of the colors on ebay so can have used ones for models in different colors. Not only it is so soft and easy to blend. It gives natural coverage that best fit for photo shoot. However, it tends to be too reflective (looks kinda oily) very soon so I think it is better off for winter time or photo shoot with MAC blot powder. It does have it disadvantage, it doesn't work well with cream consealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 8:11:00 PM More reviews by thehepburn

This is my favorite stick foundation (along with Bobbi Brown). This is a lot less greasy than the BB one but the color that I use in Shiseido (I40) is not always a good match for my skin color. This gives great opaque coverage and can be used as a concealer. Great for normal/fry skin like mine. I've been using this for over 10 years. The best thing is that its portable for the quick touch-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by DeputyCindy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love
Love
Love, love this product. I have reviewed this before, but I am so in love with this product. I will describe it in these words:
extremely portable, very natural, flawless look,great color, doesn't sweat off, so freakin' fast to put on, you don't have to worry about spilling it and it is not one bit messy, stays forever,I can go on and on.

I wish I was rich. I would buy everything that Shiseido makes. This is the best foreign products made.
I also looooooooooove the relaxing fragrance too.

Go buy the stick foundation, I can't wait to read the reviews. I am so nuts about the stick foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2004 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kawaiichan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first bought this 10 years ago and I fell in love with it. It's lightly scented [not repulsive], smooth and glides easily on my face. I bought it again last year and it's my favorite foundation. I use it as a concealer as well. The only thing is, it's on the sheer side and sometimes i need extra coverage for the redness on my cheeks, but i still love this no matter what. a tad pricey but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by gelala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i really love this product. i'm not one for foundation but my skin's been so crappy lately that i decided to find one. after reading the reveiws on here i decided to go for shiseido. i have very dry, sensitive skin and this goes on very smooth and does not flake or anything. i use it with the shiseido spongue that the MA suggusted and spray it with a little water. the colour is perfect for my skin tone as well. this is great if you're looking for something light and just want to even out your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by DeputyCindy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation. I can not say one bad thing about it. It is great for it's texture, feels natural, very portable. I love this. I can't go with out this foundation or my Mac.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Elyse

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the packaging and found a shade that matched my skin really well. I also liked the texture a lot when I tried it on my hand, not too greasy for my oily skin, but not powdery and still blendable. However this turned my face REALLY greasy in about an hour! and the smell was very strong, not nasty but not pleasant either. I don't know if they have reformulated this, I tried it about 2-3 years ago when shiseido's "the makeup" line first came out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2004 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am a PPP with combo skin and this is my HG foundation stick. Very light ivory is a perfect match. As others have said, this isn't for concealing. This is much better suited for enhancing your own skin. I can get med-full coverage by adding "layers" and blending very well. No matter how much I add, it stays looking natural(if you blend it well)... which seems impossible. Once you have added your desired coverage and blended it completely, let the the makeup set a few minutes to a flawless look. I couldn't use this as a concealer, it would crease too easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Mystikal

On a whim, I stopped by the Shiseido counter and bought this, not having any idea if it was worth my money or not (this was Before-MUA). Lucky for me, I fell in love with this product. I don't know how it does it, but this foundation neutralizes all the redness and uneven skin tone, yet it doesn't coat my face with a thick layer of makeup. It's so sheer and yet it does so much! My face doesn't dry out or turn into an oily mess by end's day, it looks just as perfectly natural and lovely as it did in the morning. I don't think I can rave enough about this product!