MAC Satin - Arena

4.4

on 1/7/2005 10:50:00 AM

Arena is a lovely peach colour on my pale skin, and makes my blue eyes really stand out. The Satin formula blends easily, and the staying power is very good. I will repurchase this colour. Me: N1/NC15, blue eyes, blonde hair.

on 12/5/2004 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this medium gold toned neutral. It does have a little bit of peach tone, gives it some oooomph. A staple for me, I love using it as an all over lid color with Ricepaper on the brow bone and Girlie on the outter corner. Easy to use with so many colors, would look great with warm browns as well. Lovely warm shade, easily worn.

on 11/20/2004 3:26:00 PM

This shadow is a real "eye-opener" in several ways. For one, I never thought I'd use anything in the orange family around my eyes. I mean, I'm a cool-toned person afterall!! But through a recommendation of a MA & reviews posted here, I splurged. This turns out more of an apricot shade like most of you have said, and really makes blue eyes pop (even on pale girls like me). It's almost impossible for this shade to go "orange" since it's so subtle...it seems like it'd be invisible on tanner skin types. And the satin finish is WONDERFUL! A must-have in any proper MAC collection. **TIP: Pair with "Plumage" as a liner, or "Trax" as a wash/crease. Both go swimmingly together!

on 11/16/2004 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've been looking for the perfect peach eye shadow for awhile now...one that brings my eyes out but isn't too orange. Arena is it! On my MMM NC40 skin, it's the perfect light peachy color that brings my blue eyes out. :)

Beautiful pale shimmry peachy color. Looks good under browbone with Trax on lid & Sketch on outer corner.

on 8/16/2004 4:21:00 PM

Arena looks like nasty dusty, muted peach in the pot, and even on my hand, so it certainly didnt leap out and scream "buy me!" at the counter. But after several recommendations i bought it anyways, and im really glad i did. its VERY wearable, and while its neutral, its not boring and blah. it really makes blue or green eyes pop. This is a definite staple.

on 7/21/2004 6:02:00 PM

Arena is my new favorite e/s! I am LLL with blue eyes. The peachy, golden color makes me look refreshed. I wore it the other day with goldmine in the crease & teddy liner and got tons of compliments. Someone told me they thought I was 18 (I'm 26)!!!!

on 7/9/2004 5:00:00 PM

Lovely neutral that looks great on its own or paired with Motif with Trax in the crease (suggested by MAC artiste). It's a definite shade of apricot, pretty and not overpowering, but can still be built to whatever intensity you prefer without looking garish.

on 5/23/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The MAC sales assistant at my local Nordstrom recommended this to go with my blue eyes and NW20 skin. It's a shimmery apricot color (not orange) that looks nice and bright on its own, or worn with other colors. I use it as a base color on my lid and in the crease, and then put a dusting of Amber Lights (a light gold/bronze) in the outer crease, and Shroom just under my eyebrow. Voila! Perfect summer look. I think this would look pretty with just about any eye color and warm skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

With summer coming around and my recent neutral phase, I love this eyeshadow. Not boring tan, but a gorgeous peachy shade with some beige undertones. If you layer it a bit for intensity, turns into a peachy-(light) bronze on my lids. Fantastic for summer for a more natural look (but taken up a notch!)

For ref: NC 30/35 continued >>