July 23, 2014 | 1146 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shadow is a real "eye-opener" in several ways. For one, I never thought I'd use anything in the orange family around my eyes. I mean, I'm a cool-toned person afterall!! But through a recommendation of a MA & reviews posted here, I splurged. This turns out more of an apricot shade like most of you have said, and really makes blue eyes pop (even on pale girls like me). It's almost impossible for this shade to go "orange" since it's so subtle...it seems like it'd be invisible on tanner skin types. And the satin finish is WONDERFUL! A must-have in any proper MAC collection. **TIP: Pair with "Plumage" as a liner, or "Trax" as a wash/crease. Both go swimmingly together!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 2:42:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for the perfect peach eye shadow for awhile now...one that brings my eyes out but isn't too orange. Arena is it! On my MMM NC40 skin, it's the perfect light peachy color that brings my blue eyes out. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2004 7:02:00 PM More reviews by gimme_chocolate

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pale shimmry peachy color. Looks good under browbone with Trax on lid & Sketch on outer corner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Lo_li_ta

Arena looks like nasty dusty, muted peach in the pot, and even on my hand, so it certainly didnt leap out and scream "buy me!" at the counter. But after several recommendations i bought it anyways, and im really glad i did. its VERY wearable, and while its neutral, its not boring and blah. it really makes blue or green eyes pop. This is a definite staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2004 6:02:00 PM More reviews by pbsuperstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Arena is my new favorite e/s! I am LLL with blue eyes. The peachy, golden color makes me look refreshed. I wore it the other day with goldmine in the crease & teddy liner and got tons of compliments. Someone told me they thought I was 18 (I'm 26)!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2004 5:00:00 PM More reviews by kfo04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely neutral that looks great on its own or paired with Motif with Trax in the crease (suggested by MAC artiste). It's a definite shade of apricot, pretty and not overpowering, but can still be built to whatever intensity you prefer without looking garish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 2:36:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The MAC sales assistant at my local Nordstrom recommended this to go with my blue eyes and NW20 skin. It's a shimmery apricot color (not orange) that looks nice and bright on its own, or worn with other colors. I use it as a base color on my lid and in the crease, and then put a dusting of Amber Lights (a light gold/bronze) in the outer crease, and Shroom just under my eyebrow. Voila! Perfect summer look. I think this would look pretty with just about any eye color and warm skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2004 4:07:00 AM More reviews by curbtheaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With summer coming around and my recent neutral phase, I love this eyeshadow. Not boring tan, but a gorgeous peachy shade with some beige undertones. If you layer it a bit for intensity, turns into a peachy-(light) bronze on my lids. Fantastic for summer for a more natural look (but taken up a notch!)

For ref: NC 30/35 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2004 6:04:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My new favorite neutral. Arena is a soft pinked peach with shimmer. Reminds me of MAC's Naked Lunch shadow, but less pink. Looks fantastic on light eyes (mine are bluish green). Also pairs wonderfully with plum, bronze, greens and browns. An all around winner! I don't know why it took so long for me to find it.....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:32:00 PM More reviews by celiasmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh this color is so pretty on blue grey eyes. I have gotten many compliments on this color. It isn't overpowering or too shimmery. Just right.