December 22, 2014 | 1791 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by emmaloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Apple Cider Vinegar! Any brand, it's all good! I've used this on my hair with baking soda to make it cleaner and softer, as an aid in mole remover, and I'm going to start using it on my face to help make it less oily. I also take a tablespoon with water everyday to help aid in digestion. Great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My review isn't for Bragg's ACV, but for another organic brand. I've been using it as a toner for several months now and I have to admit I'm impressed. I use ACV mixed with some tea tree oil every evening and it really works well on my skin. It exfoliates, deep cleans and doesn't dry my skin out at all. It's almost as good as Mario Badescu's Glycolic grapefruit toner, but minus the dryness that I usually get from that.

Usually I transfer some ACV to a smaller travel bottle and add the tea tree oil as it's easier to take with me during travels. At first I did dilute it with water but I find it's more effective if I use it undiluted. Then again my skin is quite oily and used to harsh treatments. It does sting but only for a few seconds.

It hasn't worked wonders for me, I still get the occasional pimple and my pore size remains the same, but I've noticed my pores appear smoother because they're not as congested as they were before and because of it's exfoliating properties my pimples heals a lot faster. The fact that it smells hideous is a big downer, but eh, nothing I won't survive.

Tip: I've found that ACV also works well mixed with some lemon juice and some vitamin c powder. It adds that extra glow to my face, and really evens out my skintone. Also, mixing ACV with some mud mask powder works awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

7/13 UPDATE: My dog gets strange, cancerous tumors on her head and face. I've previously had 2 removed at the vet which was very costly and not to mention traumatic for my dear pup. She developed another large lump recently and I was determined to not put her through another surgery.

I started putting ACV on her lump every day for as long as she would let me. At the time I started doing the ACV treatment the lump was about the size of a nickle and about 5-7mm high. I scheduled a vet appointment for Monday (I started the treatment on Wednesday) and watched the lump closely. When I took her to the vet on Monday, the lump had changed. It was flat but still about the size of a nickel. The vet could offer no explanation of what the lump was, but simply said "remove it." I scheduled the surgery for Friday that week, but told her that the lump appearance has changed since I first noticed it and that I may end up cancelling the surgery.

I went home and googled "apple cider vinegar skin cancer" and found and article that indicated ACV plus raw, pureed eggplant is a proven cure for over 80,000 cases of skin cancer. I had nothing to lose so I immediately made the concoction and applied it to my dog's lump religiously 3-4x/day for about a minute each application. I kid you not, that mass started to go away. After about 10 days, I'm happy to say the mass is COMPLETELY GONE. I continue to apply the eggplant/ACV mush to her head every day, just to make sure it doesn't reappear, but I'm so thrilled, I can't even contain myself.

ORIGINAL: I've purchased multiple bottles of this. I use it to cook with and more recently as a hair rinse and in a homemade toner. The toner I made was AMAZING. I've been battling with acne for what...19 years now? And I've tried just about every product that claims to have acne-fighting properties with very limited results, if any. But after only 2 weeks of using the ACV toner, I haven't had a zit in that entire timeframe. yes, a little blackhead pops up now and again, but i'm talking no major red, inflamed, grossness.

The recipe I use is:
1 part ACV
2 parts water (I use rose water)
10 drops bergamot EO
5 drops grapefruit EO
5 drops roman chamomile EO

The EOs used can easily be swapped out for others, these are just what I chose to try for this batch. It made about 1 cup worth of product which will last about 3 weeks (I use it 2x/daily).

Granted, it still smells heavily of the vinegar, but I got used to it after a few days. My skin just looks amazing. I still have acne scars from previous breakouts, but I will continue to use this to see if it will help out with those and report back.

I also use ACV for heartburn, GERD, A/R. A big swig of this stuff will calm down firey heartburn in a few minutes.

It's truly a miracle product.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by DrSneha

I started using this product-Bragg's ACV for Skin, Hair and weight loss reviews I had been reading for a year. I ultimately got this brand in the city I live and took the courage to try as..it is acetic acid.. I had clear skin, I did use it as a toner undiluted in the night...my e.yes were shut for 10 mins...I couldn't open...till it was dry. Felt brilliant in the morning...more supple and smaller pores.. I tried it as a post wash conditioning on my hair and felt JUST NO DIFFERENCE... Not sure why! The smell was awful for 1 full day, though.. I drank 1 Spoon diluted with 100ml of water and took it well.. Day 2 got greedy n tried 2 Teaspoons with 200 my water...n I puked like never before. I was totally sick. Not sure what went wrong. Will still try a differnt combo...but will not let it go.. I had it on empty stomach..that may be the reason...my body kicked it out. Please suggest the method to use and some remedies...which will help me going! Thanks!
Please note: I did dilute 1:4 ACV with water for my hair. Left for 3 mins and rinsed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by sheff803

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing toner ever!!! I saw so many people talking about the benefits of using Bragg's apple cider vinegar for acne! The have sensitive skin, so I am always open to trying natural skin care remedies! This one is amazing!!!!! I bought a spray bottle and I mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar. Everyone has different skin, so it's important to start with a more diluted toner to see how your skin handles it and then adjust from there. My skin handles it well, so I am able to use a 1:1 ratio. Also, it is important to use the ACV with the "mother" in it. Bragg's is the brand that I use and it can be found in the organic or natural foods section of a natural foods store. I could not find it in my regular food store, but I did find it in our nearest Wegmans.

I use this at night after I cleanse my skin. If I have any pimples, I dab undiluted ACV onto the spot after swiping my face with an ACV toner soaked cotton ball. This has done wonders at clearing, evening, and brightening my skin! The only con I think of about this product is the smell. I don't mind the smell of vinegar, but my fiance HATES it! I find that it does dissipate after a little while though. Other than the smell, this product is amazing, cheap, natural, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a toner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by anakay44

Hi. I love using acv. My parents drink it to lose weight. I use it in shampoo. I had an itchy scalp for a while and I thought it might be dandruff so I got on google and after some research I made a mixture of 40% shampoo, 20% water, 40% ACV and about 3 drops of tee tree oil, 3 of lavender essential oil, 2 of clove EO (I hate the smell), and 4 of peppermint EO (smells amazing). And this has made my hair feel amazing. It smells really minty and fresh too. My hair isn't greasy anymore, split ends have improved. It's great overall. But I must say I never wash it 2 days in a row so I'm not sure how that would work. But I close my eyes really tightly when I shampoo because vinegar will burn like no other!!

I also have used it on my skin for acne. I just dilute it to 50% water, 50% acv and it works well. Smells pretty bad and burns but it works to get rid of acne. I wash it off after like 10 minutes sometimes. Other times I leave it all night.
Acv has TONS of uses and I love it. Also I just get the Great Value brand from Walmart fyi

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Kellison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this stuff mixed with tee tree oil has straight up saved my acne prone skin.

Let me start out by saying Im almost to the point of getting on ACCUTANE.

I started using apple cider vinager mixed with a little bit of tea tree oil on a cotton swab as a toner every morning and every night and holy crap am I glad I did.

Im not gonna lie, it took while to work, about 4 weeks.

But now I get complements on my skin regulary, which for someone with acne is almost unheard of??

SO this is what it did,

Pros:

>Faded scars (big time)
>Brightened my skin
>Keeps my skin "balenced" thats a really big perk to ACV, it balences your skins PH levels after a good face wash
>Never fails to wake me up in the morning
>SO MUCH BETTER THAT THOSE HARSH TONERS THAT CONTAIN ALCOHOL

And now,

Cons:

>Burns, especially on open or freshly popped zits
>Takes about a month to work (dont give up like I almost did)
>Smells absolutly horrid, but hey. beauty isnt always pretty ;)
>You gotta find your right measurment for your skin
For example

Dry skin- Half acv, half water, no tea tree oil
Normal- Same ^ a few drops of TTO wont hurt
Combo- 3/4 ACV 1/4 water a few drops of TTO
Oily- If your skin isnt very sensitive, Dont dilute, use straight ACV and TTO, if your skin is, 3/4 ACV 1/4 water and few drops of TTO
Acne Prone- Same ^

I use straight ACV and tea tree oil, it doesnt burn as bad anymore after a month of use.

I also use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Cereve

Go for a oil free basic moisturizer if your acne prone like me.

Hope this helps!

You can find this stuff at your local Sprouts of Cox farm.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Dahlia70

I've been taking Bragg's ACV internally for 3 months now and I have to say its made SUCH a difference in my overall health. Most people are talking about skin and I definitely have noticed an improvement, I am not prone to acne so nothing has changed as far as that but let me tell you in addition to working out and eating healthy this stuff has helped with my body fat especially around my stomach. It also has been great for helping with digestion and bloating. My BMs have been different too (probably TMI but just saying) better. I drink less alcohol, completely cuts the cravings even, i drink less coffee too.
One recommendation based on my experience: i wouldnt take it past 5 pm unless i want to be alert late at night, no joke i think i took this once at 6pm on a weeknight and i could not shut off my brain. funny that but i did read that it makes you more mentally alert. I am just overall impressed by all the amazing things this natural product does!
I will use this for the rest of my life!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

might be too soon to start raving but HOLY SH**! I've been using this for two days and my skin's redness is almost completely gone and the two pimples I had have been pretty much dried out!

It smells absolutely terrible but I'm willing to trade smell for bright skin and little to no rosacea!!

Other toners dry me out really bad which in return causes painful cystic pimples but this makes my face feel clean and refreshed. I will be sure to update in two weeks and then in a month.

Price wise, it was fairly cheap! 3 bucks for the vinegar (organic section, on sale) and then I bought a cute waterbottle for a dollar and then poured out about 1/4 of the water and filled it with vinegar. It looks pretty diluted but I think that's alright because it's not as harsh on my sensitive skin.

Another thing is that I've shoved that sucker in the refrigerator so the smell isn't as harsh.

UPDATE 5/5/2013: I've been using this for two weeks and I'm still ranting about it. My face isn't COMPLETELY clear yet but it has gotten rid of break outs for the most part, skin is still not as oily as it was in the past and if i get a new break out I can pretty much count on it to be gone after a day or two of using this.
I read up on ACV as much as I could and I read that it can get rid of blisters... my boyfriend managed to get one after mowing the lawn the other day and I used a cotton swab to put a good amount of acv on a band-aid for him overnight and by the next morning his blister was gone!
I also used it to brush my teeth one day (two drops, soo gross) but it really made my teeth a little whiter and my teeth felt REALLY clean!!

UPDATE: 07/02/2013: I've reused an old spray bottle I had lying around and filled it up with just straight vinegar. I've been using it on my hair in the shower once or twice a week when I don't shampoo and it's made my natural highlights come out and it's helped my hair lose all it's frizz. Again, the smell isn't the best but who cares when you get 329842098 compliments on how AWESOME your hair looks?

As for the face, I've been using the same spray bottle, spraying it on my hands and then rubbing my face with it in the shower as if it were a cleanser and so far so good. I had an allergic reaction to a new moisturizer a few weeks ago and I got rid of all the contact dermatitis in THREE DAYS (unheard of because it usually takes two weeks for my face to heal) by washing with pure ACV and applying hydrocortizone cream (not to mention benadryl twice a day) but overall ACV has been a life saver for me.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by TheHappySkinDiary

Apple cider vinegar toner is a super effective way to fight breakouts. I was a bit hesitant to try it at first, because I thought that it will be too acidic and will irritate my skin but eventually I decided to give it a go. It was absolutely great! I used it in the evening and next morning my skin already looked clearer and felt refreshed. I also noticed that vinegar not only reduces breakouts but also fades existing spots and scars, my skin looks more even. It has been a month since I've been using it. I don't do it every day though, 1-2 per week is enough for me. If you decide to try it our (which I would definitely recommend), make sure that you dilute the vinegar with water, the recommended ratio is 1:1. I use more vinegar than that, but you should find your own perfect ratio for your skin's needs!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No