Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 6/29/2013 11:59:00 AM

Best part about ACV is that along with skin benefits, you get a TON of other health benefits for the rest of your body.

But if anyone is interested in finding where to buy apple cider vinegar, there is a great article here http://acne-pimples.net/populartreatments/find-apple-cider-vinegar/

It also goes into a more depth about why it works for acne and different ways to use it on your skin, hope it helps!

on 6/27/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have heard so many rave reviews on this product that I had to try it! The day I used it, I experience what I thought was the worst bought of acne I had ever experienced. My usually oily skin was dry and scaley and so so red! As the days progressed, I tried to find something that would save my terrible looking skin. I knew it couldn't be purging because I use all organic products and do a mud mask bi-weekly. Then it hit me: I'm allergic to apples and this "acne" was actually a rash from the allergic reaction I was having! As a hair rinse, I really did love this product, however I can not continue using this due to the rash that I have developed :( I really wanted to love this product :(

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

As far as Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) goes, this is the good stuff!! What makes Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar different from any other ACV's out there is that it is unfiltered, non-pasteurized and still maintains the 'mother' in the vinegar. The 'mother' is the pure naturally formed fermentation that starts the entire vinegar process. Unlike other pasteurized vinegars on the market, Bragg's ACV is rich in enzymes, vitamins and minerals found occurring in apples. The fermentation process, when left alone and not disrupted by manufacturing, naturally preserves all the properties that are good for you in apples and creates more properties that enhance the benefits in Bragg's ACV!

I have used this for years. I have actually cured dandruff, used ACV in post shampoo rinses (diluted) and straight up, soothed sunburn, acne, mosquito bites and made awesome tasting salad dressings and tonics with Bragg's ACV. I cannot say enough about this wonderful gift from nature.

To soothe any type of skin irritation (acne pimple, mosquito bite, sunburn etc) make a compress with Bragg's ACV. Take some gauze and the ACV and place on irritation. Allow to stay on for 5 minutes or so. Do this every hour until irritation feels better.

For acne or as a toner, combine 1 part Bragg's ACV with 5 parts distilled water (it is important to use distilled water here and it will sit in a bottle to be used as a toner) to a GLASS bottle. Glass is best. Use with a clean cotton ball or cotton pad after washing face. Do this twice a day. Let air dry. You can spot pimples with straight up ACV to soothe and help banish blemishes.

For a great hair rinse to add shine and softness to your hair --- after shampoo and conditioner --- use 1 part Bragg's ACV to 5 parts water. (I use 1/4 cup to 1 cup water for a nice rinse!) Towel dry hair and let dry naturally. The smell will be eliminated after hair is dry.

For dandruff (which is caused by fungus and a build up of sebum on the scalp)... Use 1/8 cup of Bragg's ACV in a squeeze bottle or a cotton ball. Saturate your entire scalp with it, being careful to protect your eyes. Leave on for about 20 minutes, then shampoo and condition. Do this every time you shampoo until flakes no longer can be detected. It took me about 5 treatments (and I don't wash my hair everyday) to see an absence of flakes. As a maintenance, I do this once every two weeks as it's great to keep the scalp super clean!

Obviously, Braggs is the only ACV I use. Oh and it's organic.
Please do yourself a favor -- buy this only in glass! I don't know why recently Braggs started using plastic bottles, but they should know better.

on 6/8/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Apple Cider Vinegar! Any brand, it's all good! I've used this on my hair with baking soda to make it cleaner and softer, as an aid in mole remover, and I'm going to start using it on my face to help make it less oily. I also take a tablespoon with water everyday to help aid in digestion. Great!

on 6/5/2013 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

My review isn't for Bragg's ACV, but for another organic brand. I've been using it as a toner for several months now and I have to admit I'm impressed. I use ACV mixed with some tea tree oil every evening and it really works well on my skin. It exfoliates, deep cleans and doesn't dry my skin out at all. It's almost as good as Mario Badescu's Glycolic grapefruit toner, but minus the dryness that I usually get from that.

Usually I transfer some ACV to a smaller travel bottle and add the tea tree oil as it's easier to take with me during travels. At first I did dilute it with water but I find it's more effective if I use it undiluted. Then again my skin is quite oily and used to harsh treatments. It does sting but only for a few seconds.

It hasn't worked wonders for me, I still get the occasional pimple and my pore size remains the same, but I've noticed my pores appear smoother because they're not as congested as they were before and because of it's exfoliating properties my pimples heals a lot faster. The fact that it smells hideous is a big downer, but eh, nothing I won't survive.

Tip: I've found that ACV also works well mixed with some lemon juice and some vitamin c powder. It adds that extra glow to my face, and really evens out my skintone. Also, mixing ACV with some mud mask powder works awesome.

on 6/5/2013 9:58:00 AM

7/13 UPDATE: My dog gets strange, cancerous tumors on her head and face. I've previously had 2 removed at the vet which was very costly and not to mention traumatic for my dear pup. She developed another large lump recently and I was determined to not put her through another surgery.

I started putting ACV on her lump every day for as long as she would let me. At the time I started doing the ACV treatment the lump was about the size of a nickle and about 5-7mm high. I scheduled a vet appointment for Monday (I started the treatment on Wednesday) and watched the lump closely. When I took her to the vet on Monday, the lump had changed. It was flat but still about the size of a nickel. The vet could offer no explanation of what the lump was, but simply said "remove it." I scheduled the surgery for Friday that week, but told her that the lump appearance has changed since I first noticed it and that I may end up cancelling the surgery.

I went home and googled "apple cider vinegar skin cancer" and found and article that indicated ACV plus raw, pureed eggplant is a proven cure for over 80,000 cases of skin cancer. I had nothing to lose so I immediately made the concoction and applied it to my dog's lump religiously 3-4x/day for about a minute each application. I kid you not, that mass started to go away. After about 10 days, I'm happy to say the mass is COMPLETELY GONE. I continue to apply the eggplant/ACV mush to her head every day, just to make sure it doesn't reappear, but I'm so thrilled, I can't even contain myself.

ORIGINAL: I've purchased multiple bottles of this. I use it to cook with and more recently as a hair rinse and in a homemade toner. The toner I made was AMAZING. I've been battling with acne for what...19 years now? And I've tried just about every product that claims to have acne-fighting properties with very limited results, if any. But after only 2 weeks of using the ACV toner, I haven't had a zit in that entire timeframe. yes, a little blackhead pops up now and again, but i'm talking no major red, inflamed, grossness.

The recipe I use is:
1 part ACV
2 parts water (I use rose water)
10 drops bergamot EO
5 drops grapefruit EO
5 drops roman chamomile EO

The EOs used can easily be swapped out for others, these are just what I chose to try for this batch. It made about 1 cup worth of product which will last about 3 weeks (I use it 2x/daily).

Granted, it still smells heavily of the vinegar, but I got used to it after a few days. My skin just looks amazing. I still have acne scars from previous breakouts, but I will continue to use this to see if it will help out with those and report back.

I also use ACV for heartburn, GERD, A/R. A big swig of this stuff will calm down firey heartburn in a few minutes.

It's truly a miracle product.

on 5/26/2013 7:07:00 AM

I started using this product-Bragg's ACV for Skin, Hair and weight loss reviews I had been reading for a year. I ultimately got this brand in the city I live and took the courage to try as..it is acetic acid.. I had clear skin, I did use it as a toner undiluted in the night...my e.yes were shut for 10 mins...I couldn't open...till it was dry. Felt brilliant in the morning...more supple and smaller pores.. I tried it as a post wash conditioning on my hair and felt JUST NO DIFFERENCE... Not sure why! The smell was awful for 1 full day, though.. I drank 1 Spoon diluted with 100ml of water and took it well.. Day 2 got greedy n tried 2 Teaspoons with 200 my water...n I puked like never before. I was totally sick. Not sure what went wrong. Will still try a differnt combo...but will not let it go.. I had it on empty stomach..that may be the reason...my body kicked it out. Please suggest the method to use and some remedies...which will help me going! Thanks!
Please note: I did dilute 1:4 ACV with water for my hair. Left for 3 mins and rinsed.

on 5/24/2013 8:43:00 PM

This is the most amazing toner ever!!! I saw so many people talking about the benefits of using Bragg's apple cider vinegar for acne! The have sensitive skin, so I am always open to trying natural skin care remedies! This one is amazing!!!!! I bought a spray bottle and I mix equal parts water and apple cider vinegar. Everyone has different skin, so it's important to start with a more diluted toner to see how your skin handles it and then adjust from there. My skin handles it well, so I am able to use a 1:1 ratio. Also, it is important to use the ACV with the "mother" in it. Bragg's is the brand that I use and it can be found in the organic or natural foods section of a natural foods store. I could not find it in my regular food store, but I did find it in our nearest Wegmans.

I use this at night after I cleanse my skin. If I have any pimples, I dab undiluted ACV onto the spot after swiping my face with an ACV toner soaked cotton ball. This has done wonders at clearing, evening, and brightening my skin! The only con I think of about this product is the smell. I don't mind the smell of vinegar, but my fiance HATES it! I find that it does dissipate after a little while though. Other than the smell, this product is amazing, cheap, natural, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a toner!

on 5/13/2013 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi. I love using acv. My parents drink it to lose weight. I use it in shampoo. I had an itchy scalp for a while and I thought it might be dandruff so I got on google and after some research I made a mixture of 40% shampoo, 20% water, 40% ACV and about 3 drops of tee tree oil, 3 of lavender essential oil, 2 of clove EO (I hate the smell), and 4 of peppermint EO (smells amazing). And this has made my hair feel amazing. It smells really minty and fresh too. My hair isn't greasy anymore, split ends have improved. It's great overall. But I must say I never wash it 2 days in a row so I'm not sure how that would work. But I close my eyes really tightly when I shampoo because vinegar will burn like no other!!

I also have used it on my skin for acne. I just dilute it to 50% water, 50% acv and it works well. Smells pretty bad and burns but it works to get rid of acne. I wash it off after like 10 minutes sometimes. Other times I leave it all night.
Acv has TONS of uses and I love it. Also I just get the Great Value brand from Walmart fyi

on 5/13/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

OMG this stuff mixed with tee tree oil has straight up saved my acne prone skin.

Let me start out by saying Im almost to the point of getting on ACCUTANE.

I started using apple cider vinager mixed with a little bit of tea tree oil on a cotton swab as a toner every morning and every night and holy crap am I glad I did.

Im not gonna lie, it took while to work, about 4 weeks.

But now I get complements on my skin regulary, which for someone with acne is almost unheard of??

SO this is what it did,

Pros:

>Faded scars (big time)
>Brightened my skin
>Keeps my skin "balenced" thats a really big perk to ACV, it balences your skins PH levels after a good face wash
>Never fails to wake me up in the morning
>SO MUCH BETTER THAT THOSE HARSH TONERS THAT CONTAIN ALCOHOL

And now,

Cons:

>Burns, especially on open or freshly popped zits
>Takes about a month to work (dont give up like I almost did)
>Smells absolutly horrid, but hey. beauty isnt always pretty ;)
>You gotta find your right measurment for your skin
For example

Dry skin- Half acv, half water, no tea tree oil
Normal- Same ^ a few drops of TTO wont hurt
Combo- 3/4 ACV 1/4 water a few drops of TTO
Oily- If your skin isnt very sensitive, Dont dilute, use straight ACV and TTO, if your skin is, 3/4 ACV 1/4 water and few drops of TTO
Acne Prone- Same ^

I use straight ACV and tea tree oil, it doesnt burn as bad anymore after a month of use.

I also use a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or Cereve

Go for a oil free basic moisturizer if your acne prone like me.

Hope this helps!

You can find this stuff at your local Sprouts of Cox farm.

Video Reviews & Tutorials