Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 10/7/2013 4:02:00 PM

I'm 19 . I've never had very bad acne but i do breakout in the same spot...and recently it got so frequent that there wasn't a time i didnt have pimples there (upper left cheek by hairline) I've tried alot of things. BP worked for a while back in highschool but now it just causes my already red acne to become more irrated and the skin around it. I scar very easily and every pimple there, picked or not, leaves a red mark. So i started Apple Cidar vinegar probably 2 weeks ago and i really like the results. I use it in the morning and afternoon as a toner mixed with green tea, and honey. Since using this i have no used ANY other products. I stopped using my expensive Aloette moisturizer as well as any topical creams. I have not broken out in that spot since. Normally i would moisturize my face at least twice a day, but since using ACV my skin has felt alot softer and never feels dry. Theres been a couple days i've skipped and i still haven't broken out in that spot. So overall i'm very happy with it. I also make a exfoliator using this, green tea, honey and white sugar. My skin feels AMAZING after that. Now i have a few random small pimples in other places around my face and neck that i normally don't breakout in...so i don't know if that is from the ACV but whatever at this point i am happy with this

on 10/5/2013 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I use apple cider vinegar mixed with water as a toner, and I think it works great and LOVE that it's sooo cheap!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This review is for the product as a toner for my chest and back, I recently started drinking a tablespoon a day to help my facial cystic acne, but that was only a few days ago and don't feel a review is in order...

OK, so I have bad skin on my chest and back. I have a closet of as many interesting pieces as possible that can hide both your chest and back without wearing a stupid t-shirt every day because my chest and back acne is to the point where I never wanted anyone to see those areas. I DREAD holidays like the Fourth of July where I know I will have to wear a swimsuit around friends and family. Anyway, I tried a lot of things on my chest and back, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, nightly cleaning with my Clarisonic, Proactiv, nightly application of azelaic acid and Retin A Micro, antibiotics, 10 years of different birth controls, lemon juice as a toner, every Mario Badescu product under the sun... and so on and so on... anyway, this summer I began to seek out nice and happy, less horrifyingly chemically convoluted ways to rid myself of acne. In this vein, I started applying the Bragg brand raw organic unfiltered ACV on my chest and back with a cotton ball morning and night. My level of acne decreased veeeery slowly. It was so continuous though that I kept with it. I started it out of desperation of the impending swimsuit season in June, and probably by now, the end of September I can say it keeps me about 95% clear.

I recently got a bit of a breakout on my chest and back (4 inflammatory pimples, not the nasty cystic stuff I used to get there) because I got a bit lazy when I noticed the results were so consistent.

The stuff is a bit much and can make your eyes water and your bathroom stink, so I recommend flushing the cotton balls when you're done with them so the smell doesn't linger. Besides that, I will probably be using this indefinitely. I hope this helps anyone else out there who can only look wistfully at those darling backless dresses that are so popular right now... :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is the only apple cider vinegar I will purchase. Period.

I cannot attest to the toner properties of this product, but I always use it in baking, and cleaning my produce. I'm sure it would make a wonderful toner, I will have to give it a shot after I finish up my Avalon Organics Toner. I will update.

DIY buttermilk for baking- 1 tbsp Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar to every cup of milk, let stand for 5 minutes an viola you have buttermilk to make muffins, pancakes, etc.!

on 9/27/2013 2:39:00 PM

I can't say enough good things about this producf, for both internal and external health ! My 12 yr old son was having bad breakouts on his forehead and nose. I spent alot of money on otc acne creams and they worked, but only to a point. I always felt like we were barely holding them back with the stuff. I read the reviews here about acv for pimples and tried it on him and bam - no more pimples. hallelujah. For me, I drink 1tbsp every day mixed in fruit juice. It gives me energy and mental clarity, as well as conquering my own zit problem, from the inside. This stuff is a miracle-in-a-bottle and very inexpensive to boot !

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I use this for almost everything and I love this! One of my main beauty secrets and I like to take a shot of this sometimes. It makes my skin looks amazing

on 9/20/2013 1:38:00 PM

This review is about the Trader Joe's version of Apple Cider Vinegar, also with "mother" (the cloudy kind). Yes it tastes gross, but you get used to it --- especially when the results are fantastic.

At first I tried applying ACV externally, as a toner, but it reddened my face and did little else but stink and sting. In hindsight, it was probably overkill. In attempt to keep my skin blemish and wrinkle free, I already use a lot of products on my face, including creams containing DMAE, pycnogenol, alpha lipoic acid, peptides and retinol. For blemish control, I apply salicylic acid face wash (PM) and a benzoyl peroxide face wash (AM) --- plus the occasional AHA.

I was about to give up on ACV when I decided to try it internally. I have a history of GI problems, but two tablespoons in a glass of water seems to do the trick, with no GERD issues (come to think of it, it might even be helping with that, too). I've been drinking this --- diluted! --- for about three months now, and I'm THRILLED to report that it has cut hormonal acne down by ~90 percent. I had begun to get the type of breakouts that appear along the bottom of the jaw and even on the front of the neck (gross!), but now there are no more breakouts on my neck/jaw whatsoever. I get one or two small spots per month elsewhere on my face, not cysts that take weeks to heal. I attribute this improvement to the ACV because I had already been using all the topical approaches mentioned above for the entire year, yet still suffered hormonal breakouts.

I can't say what ACV will do for run-of-the-mill acne but for hormonal breakouts, ACV was the missing piece in my anti-blemish puzzle. I no longer feel like I need to visit a dermatologist for expensive prescriptions that have more side effects than I can tolerate. (The last RX I had flaked my skin really bad and I never got past that purging/flaking stage.)

The only gotchas I worry about with ACV is the effect it may have on tooth enamel. I compensate for that by brushing my teeth immediately afterward. I also try to make a point of not chasing the ACV with dairy products, in effort to make sure I don't nullify the benefits. And to make sure my esophagus and stomach aren't overly irritated --- not that I've noticed any irritation --- I drink it every other day, about an hour before bedtime.

on 8/28/2013 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the past few weeks, I've been using a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water after cleansing my skin. I haven't measured things very carefully, but I would say that the mix I use is about 70% bottled water, and 30% apple cider vinegar. The good thing is that you can try out different amounts of water / vinegar; what works will vary from person to person. I like to keep this mix in an old glass bottle and I store it in the fridge.

After cleansing my skin at night, I apply some of this mix to a cotton ball and then I smooth it onto the areas where I'm most prone to developing acne. For me, this would be my cheeks. I allow it to stay on my skin for about a minute, and then I rinse it off with lukewarm water, pat dry and moisturize. If I don't rinse it off first, I find it slightly uncomfortable (a bit sticky), so I prefer to rinse.

For some reason, following this routine seems to be helping my skin and keeping it reasonably calm. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I think it restores some balance where it's needed. I haven't really experienced any major breakouts on the area lately (and I can break out quite easily). I've been using this once every night, but I think skipping a day/night or more would be okay as well. Overall, I think it is worth giving a try.

on 8/27/2013 1:42:00 PM

First of all, if you're looking for something to fade acne scars, DON'T use lemon juice, use ACV! Lemon juice makes your skin extremely sensitive to sun, which could actually end up darkening the scars. Not to mention ACV has a pH closer to that of your skin, so it balances your pH causing less bacteria to grow. ACV is truly amazing, it evens your skin tone and makes your hair shine, and I put about a tbsp in a glass of water and chug it down before a run; it gives me energy like nothing else. It's also supposed to help with weight loss, but I think it's great just for overall health.

on 8/27/2013 1:40:00 PM

When I first started using this as a toner, I LOVED it (not the smell, but the effects haha!). It did wonders calming redness in my skin & with my breakouts. However I now don't think it works as well as it did initially. I don't seem to notice it making much of a difference to my skin. I do still use it however as it doesn't do any harm. I'm just not as in love with it as I was! But if you are debating trying it as a toner and you have redness or acne, then I think you should, it will help! And the smell will become more tolerable after a while! I started using half cider half water to begin with and applied to my skin with a cotton pad, now I just use the straight apple cider vinegar because my skin is used to it now. I do suggest starting by adding water and see how your skin does.

Video Reviews & Tutorials