October 20, 2014 | 1966 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Achlys

I love this mask. I have some acne and redness on my face occasionally and this makes my skintone so even I don't even have to put on concealer or foundation (or tinted moisturizer). I like the blueberry smell and $5 is not much to pay for 5-6 facials.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I've only used this once, so I will give my initial opinion. It smells really nice. I know I shouldn't have but I slept with this on, for about an hour. It did not leave my face dry but it did feel tight. One of my new pimples is calmer now and not painful like it was before. Otherwise the rest of the redness on my face seems to be the same. I didn't expect miracles so that was fine with me. It did leave the rest of my skin very smooth and soft. I'll update if my skin gets better or worse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

My second favourite mask that i like to use for winter when my skin is a little drier. It's moisturizing (in a non greasy) way and really does calm down redness (which my face is prone to) :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hands down my favorite Fresh Face Mask from Lush.

I tried it the other night for the first time. I had a small cluster of pimples that poked out to say hello and were red and mean looking. I had purchased this Sunday so figured it would at least get rid of the red due to the calamine powder it contains.

Man oh man.

I jumped in the shower after wearing it for 15 minutes (BTW the smell is yummy, not too sweet or anything - but one of the better smelling masks). I rinsed the mask off and my skin felt so smooth. After i got out of the shower I looked in the mirror and my skin looked calm all over. I could see the bumps, but the redness had gone down a lot.

I followed it up with my Saving Face Serum bar and went to sleep.

The next morning the bumps were way smaller, almost unnoticable, the redness was completely gone, my skin felt tighter, but not facelift tight, and my skin was matte, no oil slick or dryness which i usually get.

When i got to work females I work with said my skin looked really good! Love this stuff - will buy it many many more times to come!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by jackieiscandy

This mask is by far my favourite. It is nature, it is not harsh to my skin, it smells like heaven, it is non expensive... and most importantly, it does help to improve my breakout. And with the lush solid serum underneath this mask ( avoid use the serum on the T zone and chin, if you are combination skin like me), it can seriously bright up your skin even more.

The only downside of this mask is that usually after the 2nd or 3rd use, the mask would become too dry to apply, I have to damp(wet?!) my fingers first in order to apply it evenly on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Covergrl1124

This is by far the best mask I've ever tried. I went to Lush and asked for a mask that would help my breakouts and redness. The lady recommended this one and it is amazing.

The smell of the blueberries is great. You do have to apply over the sink because of the chunks of blueberries in the mask. When I take it off, I immediately see a difference in my breakouts and redness but by the next day, all my acne is gone. You can get 4-8 masks out of the jar but the price is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This masks seems to rehydrate my skin, but I don't know if it does much for redness and irritation like it advertises. I personally think Crash Course in Skincare works the best out of all the Lush masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by innapark

I am not a weekly mask user. Part of what makes this mask great is the expiration date. Because I knew I only had a month, I used it as often as I could - almost bi-weekly. I wonder if any other masks used with that kind of regularity would be just as good. What I noticed was generally improved clarity of my skin. Having dryer skin, this was not particularly drying. Rather it was calming. But it was also not particularly moisturizing.

The other great thing about this is the combo of the coolness (I kept it in the fridge) and the relaxing fragrance. The sensory experience is awesome.

Finally it does tend to separate into a watery element and chunkier paste. So i always mixed it well with a spoon and sometimes added a touch of water so the paste would be the right texture to stick to my skin. And as long as I rinsed it off with an exfoliating cleanser (like St. Ives microdermabrasion cleanser) I did not have any trouble with residue.

I'm going to refrigerate my other mask and see how it goes with that this summer...perhaps add some essential oils to it as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by 1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is one of my fav. face mask. It's good for acne prone and oily skin. 1 lippie off for it being extremely messy and the actual weight inside.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by NARSaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is great. Great smell and is so gentle on the skin. I keep it in the fridge so it is realy cooling on my face. My skin is oily and it gave me a smooth and matte finish after washing it off. It felt realy calming and my skin was realy clear and bright after it. I leave it on for 10 minutes and use it about once a week. I'm glad to say it didn't irritate my skin at all and I love all the natural ingredients in it. It realy does reduce inflamation as it makes my spots and blemishes less red and my skin tone more even.