November 27, 2014 | 1548 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by xDlovebabexD

i got this as a sample when i bought a soap and i really llike it. it smells like chocolate with a bit of mint. it gave me a more even skintone and reduced the size of my pores which i loved becuase i was not expecting that. it didnt really help breakouts but was a nice relaxing mask that made my skin softer and i loved it <3 xD

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Peaches04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great results after first use.
When rinsing use Ocean Salt cleanser from Lush, helps remove all the stubborn spots, as well as clean excess skin, debris, etc.
Many family members noticed a difference in my skin tone, texture, and pore size.
Follow up with the tea tree oil (spray) astringent, then add Vanishing Cream. Lovely!!
I tried Proactive, no results, I've tried Pericone, etc.
Lush leaves me feeling clean, less breakouts, and skin soft and dewy.
No drying and peeling.
And it smells, wonderful.
Enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I walked into my local Lush with only intentions of just browsing around. The sales assistant persuaded me to give this mask a go after asking me what skin problems I wanted to deal with - I said oily acne prone and she instantly recommend the Cupcake mask for me. I wouldn't have thought about buying this, but so glad I did because it is working pretty well for me. I applied this and let it dry fully before washing off. At first, I didn't really notice much of a difference in my skin but after 3-4 days of continuous use, my skin looked alot "calm" - as in not getting many breakouts like I usually do. It does absorb oil too, but not as well as I would have liked too. This mask also smells delicious! I have to stop myself from wanting to lick this off my face! It is fairly expensive in NZ though, about $17 NZD for 75g so I cringed a little since you can't keep the mask around for very long. Might buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've tried many other LUSH products and decide to try their masks. For less than 6 bucks I figured you cant go wrong. I choose the cupcake mask. I've used it about three times, 2-3 days apart. I had a really horrible break out before I started using this and I was thinking today why may skin has cleared up so nicely and it hit me. This stuff really works. I let it sit on my face for about 15 min, sometimes longer. It smells ok, not the best but after it dries you cant really smell it anymore. I could care less about the smell if it works, and this stuff does. So yet again I am pleasantly surprised by how well the LUSH products work. I cant wait to try the other masks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So while I said yes to buying this again, it isn't my favorite LUSH mask. Whereas Love Lettuce is good where I am more oily and Oatifix is good where I am more dry this is a good combo mask. I will give it that. It wear on the face nicely not any flaking and my skin doesn't feel dry after. What threw me off on this was the scent. I thought I was going to LOVE this scent but it kinda smells like chocolate mixed with dirt and clay. Very offputting. If you can get past the scent of this it is a overall nice mask for combo skin. Doesn't dry me out on my cheeks and helps with oil in the T-zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

This mask.. the Lush Cupcake mask.. where shall I start? I won't be totally cruel but this mask stinks according to others. I thought this mask smelled good but when I used it against my face my sister told me I stank and she really wanted me to wash the thing off. It's fun to use though.. and it helps calm a teensy weensy bit of redness.. if I had to elaborate, I'd say it helped about 0.01% of the irritations on my face (I sport the occasional zit). It's not the best, but it's alright. Smelly, smelly, smelly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by loveoverload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Soooooooo. The first thing that I noticed about this product was the SERIOUSLY strong smell. I know, I know, all the other reviews were all on how divine it smelt. But to me this isn't a pleasant smell and way too strong and overwhelming. I couldn't keep it on for the whole 10 minutes because the smell made me feel nauseated. The texture of the mask is nice and mousse like, with bits of nuts,or something making it feel like a true cupcake. My cousins pimple didn't reduce in redness or size and it stung when it was on the pimple, but I guess that is because of the mint. But afterwards we noticed our face were whiter, glowing. Which was good. Really, it was just the smell that was quite off putting for me despite all the good reviews on here :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by chillychili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mask. My favorite thing about it is the smell. It smells like a chocolatey minty dream! It applies nice and smooth on my face and when i wash it off, my skin is very soft. It also helps to calm and soothe my breakouts. I love cupcake!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by LowraLamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Although this mask isn't performing miracles, I still really like it. After using it, all of the redness is gone from my face! I also found that it did a really good job of eliminating smaller blemishes, but it didn't dry my face out. The smell is ok, I don't particularly care for it though. I think due to the redness relief and calming effect it has on my skin that this mask will be a go-to for me when getting ready to go out or have pictures taken. Will buy again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i picked this up purely because it smells so damn good and looks like muffin batter! its definately not cheap here in NZ as its nearly 17bucks for a little pottle (1 NZ dollar = .80 US dollar, you do the maths...). first of all i must say that the whole 'fresh masks must be used up in three weeks' thing is really misleading as ive had this for way more than 3 weeks (possibly 5, and there is still plenty left) and its still good and its not the 1st mask that i had that is still good after its supposed expiry date. mind you i do keep it refridgerated like there is no tomorrow though...so maybe that helped....anyways this thing smells amazing and lasts more than 10 uses. i cant say that this is a super amazing mask as it does what normal clay-like masks do but i must admit that its perhaps not as drying.its not a life-changing product, it does dry up spots but then so do most other masks that claim to dry up spots such as queen helenes mint mask..however i do love using it as it smells so good and it lingers after you wash the mask off, speaking of washing it off its a complete pain as it rolls up and truely performs as if it was a batter! yet another lush product which i dont need and doesnt do anything super amazing but i will probably end up repurchasing just because it smells so good and feels nice on the face. you got me again lush, i just cant figure out how you keep on doing it!