April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I don't use this as a retinol product, but as a moisturizer. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for that purpose, either.

This is a small package, but you really only use about a pearl-sized amount. I apply morning and night after cleansing and toning, and for moisturizing after an aspirin mask. It absorbs well, leaves skin dewy but not oily, and keeps my skin free from acne and eczema, in addition to the rest of my regimen. Very good stuff.

I find cleansers can be substandard, as they're not on your skin for long, but a good moisturizer is as necessary as it is hard to find. If you're looking for one, I strongly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SophH

I love this moisturiser. I use it at night. When I first started it applying it regularly I really noticed the difference-my skin tone evened up, some scars/small red marks started fading and my pores looked smaller. A couple of months on and the results are still great. The texture is nice and lightweight and after applying it my pores look smaller and my face looks glowy. It's packaged in a foil type tube which is easy to use and I assume protects the effectiveness of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by poodlelova14

Overall Rating: 5!!! Yay!!! :)

Price: 2!!! Yay!!!

Packaging: 5 Yay!!!

Ok, I bought this one because it had retinol in it. So far it's really been working. I used it the first night and I woke up with clear pores. I had these little red bumps on my forhead and they were gone after I used it one time! It's great, I'm going to try the stronger version of this. I want to try the Intensive Anti-Wrinkle. I know I'm only 20, but it's always good to prevent, right?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this at night after washing my face and it really does absorb quickly, leaving no residue. However, sometimes I feel like it should be a little more moisturizing, but since I have oily skin it isn't that much of a problem. I have not seen any results in terms of wrinkle-combat, but I only have fine lines near my eyes, so I don't expect anything yet. I'm doing this mostly as a preventative. I don't like that it doesn't list percentage retinol, but I've read it is around .2% which is actually pretty good. No breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 3

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

----------

About me:

I am a 20-something year old Asian with light-medium skin, I burn easily and I have freckles. I am acne-prone, sensitive, and combination most of the time. I've been a loyal BP user for about 5 years, but I hate having it bleach everything, and I want to prevent zits while also looking proactively into youth-maintenance.

The Product:

Neutrogena HS A-W cream promises to reduce pore size and boost clarity and reduce wrinkles in as little as 2-8 weeks. It claims to contain multi-vitamins and green tea extracts with retinol to deliver these results.

My Opinion:

I like that this cream is packaged in a metal tube, which helps to preserve Retinol efficacy. I am using this in conjunction with Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5, alternate nights. However, I feel that this product is good enough for my age. I does help to even out uneven skintone with regular use (I was using it on and off in October of 2007, but I've been using it consistently for the last 2 weeks), and even moisturizes the skin without being overbearing. My skin isn't oily or anything in the morning.

I believe this product contains like 0.025% retinol or something (don't hold me to that-- I read that online somewhere), so it's definitely not comparable to prescription retinoid products. However, if you are young and looking to start preventing the aging process, I believe this is a good product to start with. Be warned, however, that you MUST (if you aren't already!) wear Sunscreen during the day if you use this product at night.

As far as acne-control, it isn't super amazing, but it does keep things to a minimum, within acceptable range. I find that if I have a zit, the best thing to do is to add a bit extra of this product on (like the size of a matchstick head), rub it in, the cover the spot with vaseline to "seal" it in. Somehow, it works! On normal nights, I apply a large pearl/pea-sized blob of this all over my face (I do the corners of the eyes, but avoid the eye area itself) and that's enough to keep things under control.

I think this was like $16 or something at Wal-Mart for 40g, so it's not terribly expensive (if you're used to spending $6/177 mL of moisturizer though, you'll have to get used to it!). This lasts a surprisingly long time, so I think it's worth it, and I would buy again. I'm looking to try the Intensive version, which I think contains more retinol.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Promises, promises, promises... and this product lives up to its claims. It was my friend who actually introduced me to this product. She could afford any product out there, and this is the one she chose... so I decided to jump on the band wagon myself. Even though I'm skeptical of things that promise too much, she swore by it. And around 13 bucks a pop, how could I go wrong? In fact, what a surprise that I noticed a new clarity to my skin within a few uses... and with the Retinoids in this product, it definitely helped with the texture of my skin. It took my skin some getting use to as it burned slightly (but the product advisory did say that this was a normal reaction during initial use), so I used it every other day at first. It is helping fade dark spots from sun exposure too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ho hum.

If you want to use retinoids on your skin, just get a prescription for Renova or Retin-A (start with the mildest formulation). Anything else in my book is a waste of money and time. This one certainly is!

This acts as a nice light moisturizer but as far as anything else it does nothing for my skin. I'll use up the tube but will never repurchase. I'm going back to Retin-A and will admit to being a big fool for ever getting away from using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. After using this I have noticed that my skin is brighter, more even-toned, and healthier looking. This has faded past acne scars and seems to help lessen the amount of breakouts I get. Also, I have way fewer blackheads. It takes some time to see results, but if you've only been using this a short while I suggest you try for up to 12 weeks, which is what I read it can take to see results. The texture of this is lightweight and sinks in immediately which is great considering my skin gets greasy very easily. I like this so much I am going to get the night version since I hear retinol is even more effective when used at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this online, and got the product that comes in a tube rather than the lotion. At first I was disappointed in my mistake, but decided to use it anyway. I have used this sporadically for about two weeks at night, and I love it! I don't use an exfoliator, and my skin is now smooth and flake free thanks to the retinol in this. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized, and my skin just looks and feels great! I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love this product this and the serum, are just great I have good skin and want to keep it that way I never layed out in the Sun, and I am so gald of that this stuff is great and I have tried other's alpha hydrox for 1 it was just terrible it dryed my face out really bad this product is so wonderful.