July 22, 2014 | 2359 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by pisik

I've used this off and on for years and it is by far the best drugstore product I've found for the little wrinkles on my face. It's about $10 for a tube that lasts a long time. It's non-irritating and non-greasy. The SPF15 is nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by shylen8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this product for 2 weeks, and I have noticed a difference in my skin. I am 22 years old and recently noticed the first signs of ageing. Laugh lines and crows feet have finally emerged! I decided to try this product because of the great reviews and the reviews are right!! The laugh lines are going away!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

i heard of this moisturizer once i was on www.xanga.com/ricebunny . Michelle has SUCH a beautiful asian skin - and im also (half-)asian. So i listen to every recommendations she gives.

First of all :

I know ... i know i'm too young (im 17) to have wrinkles, but I use this lotion as a moisturizer because it really PREVENTS wrinkles (i have a PHOBIE of wrinkles - im seriously afraid to get wrinkles !) and makes my skin heal better. Retinol increases cell turnover, which is why it saves me from wrinkles and make my skin radiant.

Best thing :
♥ It speeds healing time if I have a popped blemish on my face (I know, bad me)♥

It's oil-free, too, and doesn't clog my pores. The only thing is that when you fold the metal tube to get the last of it out, the tube cracks and lotion leaks out when you squeeze it. Overall, a great product !

Thank you ricebunny !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I don't use this as a retinol product, but as a moisturizer. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for that purpose, either.

This is a small package, but you really only use about a pearl-sized amount. I apply morning and night after cleansing and toning, and for moisturizing after an aspirin mask. It absorbs well, leaves skin dewy but not oily, and keeps my skin free from acne and eczema, in addition to the rest of my regimen. Very good stuff.

I find cleansers can be substandard, as they're not on your skin for long, but a good moisturizer is as necessary as it is hard to find. If you're looking for one, I strongly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by SophH

I love this moisturiser. I use it at night. When I first started it applying it regularly I really noticed the difference-my skin tone evened up, some scars/small red marks started fading and my pores looked smaller. A couple of months on and the results are still great. The texture is nice and lightweight and after applying it my pores look smaller and my face looks glowy. It's packaged in a foil type tube which is easy to use and I assume protects the effectiveness of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:48:00 AM More reviews by poodlelova14

Overall Rating: 5!!! Yay!!! :)

Price: 2!!! Yay!!!

Packaging: 5 Yay!!!

Ok, I bought this one because it had retinol in it. So far it's really been working. I used it the first night and I woke up with clear pores. I had these little red bumps on my forhead and they were gone after I used it one time! It's great, I'm going to try the stronger version of this. I want to try the Intensive Anti-Wrinkle. I know I'm only 20, but it's always good to prevent, right?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this at night after washing my face and it really does absorb quickly, leaving no residue. However, sometimes I feel like it should be a little more moisturizing, but since I have oily skin it isn't that much of a problem. I have not seen any results in terms of wrinkle-combat, but I only have fine lines near my eyes, so I don't expect anything yet. I'm doing this mostly as a preventative. I don't like that it doesn't list percentage retinol, but I've read it is around .2% which is actually pretty good. No breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 3

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

----------

About me:

I am a 20-something year old Asian with light-medium skin, I burn easily and I have freckles. I am acne-prone, sensitive, and combination most of the time. I've been a loyal BP user for about 5 years, but I hate having it bleach everything, and I want to prevent zits while also looking proactively into youth-maintenance.

The Product:

Neutrogena HS A-W cream promises to reduce pore size and boost clarity and reduce wrinkles in as little as 2-8 weeks. It claims to contain multi-vitamins and green tea extracts with retinol to deliver these results.

My Opinion:

I like that this cream is packaged in a metal tube, which helps to preserve Retinol efficacy. I am using this in conjunction with Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5, alternate nights. However, I feel that this product is good enough for my age. I does help to even out uneven skintone with regular use (I was using it on and off in October of 2007, but I've been using it consistently for the last 2 weeks), and even moisturizes the skin without being overbearing. My skin isn't oily or anything in the morning.

I believe this product contains like 0.025% retinol or something (don't hold me to that-- I read that online somewhere), so it's definitely not comparable to prescription retinoid products. However, if you are young and looking to start preventing the aging process, I believe this is a good product to start with. Be warned, however, that you MUST (if you aren't already!) wear Sunscreen during the day if you use this product at night.

As far as acne-control, it isn't super amazing, but it does keep things to a minimum, within acceptable range. I find that if I have a zit, the best thing to do is to add a bit extra of this product on (like the size of a matchstick head), rub it in, the cover the spot with vaseline to "seal" it in. Somehow, it works! On normal nights, I apply a large pearl/pea-sized blob of this all over my face (I do the corners of the eyes, but avoid the eye area itself) and that's enough to keep things under control.

I think this was like $16 or something at Wal-Mart for 40g, so it's not terribly expensive (if you're used to spending $6/177 mL of moisturizer though, you'll have to get used to it!). This lasts a surprisingly long time, so I think it's worth it, and I would buy again. I'm looking to try the Intensive version, which I think contains more retinol.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Promises, promises, promises... and this product lives up to its claims. It was my friend who actually introduced me to this product. She could afford any product out there, and this is the one she chose... so I decided to jump on the band wagon myself. Even though I'm skeptical of things that promise too much, she swore by it. And around 13 bucks a pop, how could I go wrong? In fact, what a surprise that I noticed a new clarity to my skin within a few uses... and with the Retinoids in this product, it definitely helped with the texture of my skin. It took my skin some getting use to as it burned slightly (but the product advisory did say that this was a normal reaction during initial use), so I used it every other day at first. It is helping fade dark spots from sun exposure too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ho hum.

If you want to use retinoids on your skin, just get a prescription for Renova or Retin-A (start with the mildest formulation). Anything else in my book is a waste of money and time. This one certainly is!

This acts as a nice light moisturizer but as far as anything else it does nothing for my skin. I'll use up the tube but will never repurchase. I'm going back to Retin-A and will admit to being a big fool for ever getting away from using it.