October 30, 2014 | 1688 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have this in a little twisty container with bisque and i really can't see how it works. i don't like the color for an eyeshadow, and when i use it as a concealer under my eyes it looks very obvious. i gave it a 2 because i still use it mixed with the bisque for some parts of my face. the yellow tone works well to conceal the redness i have on my nose and in my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

This is ok. I noticed the first time I used it I was so much in awe on how my eyes looked so bright. However, I found that all BARE MINERAL EYESHADOWS make my eyelids sooo dry! I stopped using this as my base and converted to another one. I reccomend it to those who are trying out bare minerals for the first time. This is a starter eye shadow and base for eye shadows but before it can leave you dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lgans1

I'm so on the fence about Bare Escentuals products. I have several items including this one and I do use them, but the reason is more for a lack of something better at the moment rather than actually liking the product. I do not have dry skin, yet every time I use these products it makes my skin dry, powdery and lets me see lines I didn't know I had (yikes!). The only reason I use or even tried this product is because of my under eye circles that I must wear concealer for everyday. It's difficult to use a concealer that does not crease so I bough this to gently set my concealer. It kind of works to set the concealer (it doesn't last though), but I have no idea how people could use this product on its own to actually hide dark circles and not look like you have a powdery mess under your eyes and over your crows feet!! (and I swear I do not have crows feet yet, but with this product I do!!!). I would suggest T le Clerc - it's what I'm switching to for powder and concealer when I have some extra cash!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kryssimarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's the answer to inherited dark under-eye circles. I use it to cover blemishes as well. I'm not sure if it's meant for that, but it works amazing either way! I have been fair, tan, and now I have a medium skin tone, and all the time I have used this product. So it's adaptable, it's multi-functional, and it's not going to clog your pores! Sweet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by talibear

Ahh, well rested. I have sad, allergic, sleep deprived eyes-they're a tiny bit puffy, often with dark bags/shadows, and with the veins easily seen through them, ALONG with a red tinge from the allergies. Hot picture, right?
Anyways, along comes well rested. Its yellow tone instantly counteracts any reddish/purplish tone to my skin. I sometimes use a bit of bisque underneath my eye, but in all honesty, well rested is all I need for the entire eye area. It covers up darkness around the eye and really does give a clean, fresh look. If it were a "liquid" concealer, it would be really thick & creamy-you really can't see much through it and there is no need to layer it on. And don't be concerned that it's a powder-it does a great job and doesn't make a mess...really sticks to the brush and to your face, and blends in beautifully.
I use the maximum coverage concealer brush OR the double ended face blending brush to massage it in a bit when I'm done.
Sometimes I think it may be the TINIEST bit too yellow, but it calms down after a bit and really is a nice base, or I just consider it a bit of a subtle eyeshadow for the day.
Also, maybe put a bit of eye cream on before, or just moisturize, because it CAN settle into lines the tiniest bit. I'm 22 but the eye rubbing/itching has done some damage to my eye area and I have noticed this happening a *bit*, but blending also usually helps this.
I'm NW15 for reference

EDIT: ah! well after seeing everyone say how terribly the max coverage concealer brush works, maybe i don't look as good as i think? lol, i hope not!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

I bought this about a year ago and I really like this product :) Having light Asian skin I can use this not only around my eyes, but it's a better concealer than the Multitasking Face minerals. It does tend to settle into the fine lines around my eyes--only when I apply too much. This gives my eyes a very well rested look and while juggling an internship, college, and work... this makes me look like it's all a breeze to me ;) I do like to use this product with the Concealer brush from BE, but at the same time it's great with the Flawless Face brush for underneath the eyes.

Can I just say that this product LASTS a long time, too? I think the first bottle I bought had to last at least 8 months. I will most definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by cate_c

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thank you SO much ladies for the brush change suggestion!

I LOVE this on my upper lids with the concealer brush, and now I LOVE it underneath with a fluffy little brush I got in a set from COSTCO.

Now, it does not settle in the little lines, but drifts over and looks perfect, even with foundation and mineral veil buffed over it!

i am so glad I found this place!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this in the BE Complexion Enhancer kit a few weeks ago. After wearing it for a while, I can say that it defintely makes my dark circles look lighter, but as many people have pointed out, you HAVE to use the correct brush for it (the BE kit I have comes with a light stroke brush that I use with this concealer). I've found that a little goes a long way (I literally only use a few "crumbs" every day, and I think I have pretty dark circles), so just use a bit--you can always build later. I use it under summer bisque and I have to say I've been really happy with the results. I'm not sure how it will look on me once I get more tan in the summer (I'm olive now and will only get darker in the sun) but for now it works really well on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by woofy1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this on the circles under my eyes and was very disappointed, it intensified every crows foot and wrinkle. I tried using more under eye cream and i still had the same problem. Maybe i put too much on or something, but when i used less, it didn't have the coverage that i was looking for. However, when I used it on my eyelids, WOW! I felt like it took 10 years off of my age. My lids are deep pink in color and this completely brightened up my face! I think i would use this alone on my lids if I wanted to go very light on the makeup (camping, vacation, etc.) then just add a little mascara. I love the product for this reason only, not for under the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by jessibrianne18

The review below about using the right kind of brush couldn't be more correct! I used the BE concealer brush when I first bought well rested. It made my eyes look so crepe-ey and gross. I hung on to it forever knowing I wouldn't use it, then one day decided to try a regular old fluffy eyeshadow brush. Now I use it every day and can really say it does exactly what it says it will do!