December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2004 10:22:00 PM More reviews by mk98julie

I love MK's Acne Treatment Gel for "spot treatments". I'm 32 with combo skin and still get the monthly breakouts. (My mom is 55 and still needs to use this product, too.) This Acne Treatment Gel does a great job of preventing and reducing my pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2004 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Ashleyface

Most over the counter acne creams levae dry patches around the zit, but not this one. It gets rid of every zit, but leaves the skin around it soft. I can even use it all over my face and it still works and isn't overdrying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2004 1:03:00 PM More reviews by DMglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My friend made me sample this and 2 years later I am still hooked! Definitely recommend this for mild acne problems. It does a great job at not drying out your skin around the pimple!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by SharonReece

This has cleared my skin up as good as Proactiv did, only MK acne cream does not dry my skin out. I can use it twice a day and still have soft smooth skin, with no pimples. I have not noticed a difference in it's effectiveness and I have been using it for over a year now. I am 31 years old, so it works well on adult acne and not just teenage acne. It is a great bargain, only $7.00 per tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Cecilia2004

It has worked to eliminate every zit I have had in the last 2 years! Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2004 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Glamourgal2

When I see a tiny red dot appear on my face, I dab it with this and the next day it is completely gone. I have used it all over my face before I cycle to fight the ones that I can't see, and it keeps my skin clear but not dried out at all. Great MK porduct!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

This is the best acne product I've used. I have combination skin that is occasionally acne prone. It literally dries up my zits in less than 24 hours (I apply it at night and by morning they're gone). And it doesnt dry out my skin horribly either. Will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 2:25:00 PM More reviews by blushinggal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EXCELLENT PRODUCT! A lot of acne creams dry my skin out and I don't know what is worse a huge zit or a huge dry patch. I apply this right when I see a zit or feel one coming, it is gone the next day and my skin is not dried out at all. It has not lost it's effectiveness for me over 1 year now!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2004 5:36:00 PM More reviews by misslorraine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first was turned onto this stuff about 10 years ago, soon after it first debuted. For the longest time, it was my only zit cream and it worked beautifully. I could apply it at night and wake up in the morning with the zit in question completely dried up. The two tubes we bought all those years ago lasted for the better part of the next decade before running out. Then, last year, I decided I needed to buy some more and it seemed like nothing had changed. Even the packaging was more or less the same (different cap, though). However, the gel seemed to have stopped working on my skin! I'm not sure if it's just the difference between my sixteen year old skin vs. my 26 year old skin, or MK changed the recipe somehow. Either way, I've stopped using it as it no longer has the same effect on my pimples. Too bad, since this was my absolute favorite zit cream for the longest time!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2004 12:10:00 PM More reviews by clr711

I was very dissapointed with this gel. I've never had acne, but I do have the occasional pimple, and it doesn't even work with that. While using this, the pimples eventually clear up on their own after a week or two, no thanks to this completely useless gel. I have never seen any signs of improvement on even the smallest pimple or blackhead when using this product.