August 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 1:26:00 AM More reviews by luckystar131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product or oily, acne prone skin. I normally have dry skin, but sometimes use this on oily days. It has a nice fragrance to it and makes my skin feel nice and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2004 12:21:00 PM More reviews by kasantiroberts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried samples of this and I liked it. It had a nice scent and cleaned my skin well. I am a loyal CHANEL SKINCARE customer, but I would definately recommed the Velocity to anyone who wasnt interested in paying the hefty price tag CHANEl carries with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2004 6:06:00 PM More reviews by laura4957

I absolutely love the smell of this product but it didn't do much for my skin. I think the perfume in the cleanser (although it's light) irritated my skin. I didn't really need this product and found it far too harsh for my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by missysmom

This cleanser used to be a favorite of mine, but after using it for a few months my horrible acne resurfaced. The light fragrance is pleasant but it irritates the heck out of my skin. Not a truly bad cleanser overall, but there's better stuff out there for the price. Better yet, if you must remain loyal to Mary Kay, try the cleanser formula 3 for oily skin. Much better and less irritating!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2004 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Bri448

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This facial cleanser is ok. It has a nice fragrance and makes my face very smooth and soft. It will last a long time since I only use a pea sized amount and I only use it every other day. I rarely get zits when using this, although I do not have acne prone skin. I would recommend this cleanser to people with oily skin but I find it to be too drying for my already dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by GirlThatLovesMakeUp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I love Velocity products especially this one. I have oily troubled sensitive skin and wasn't haven't much luck with anything. Then my consultant go me to sample this product and I just had to buy it and the lightweight moisturizer. It worked better than anything I've ever used and the lightweight moisturizer didn't make my skin shiny at all it helped. I'm in my late teens so it probably has different affects on people that are older. I think it smells incredible like the Velocity fragrance not at all like chemicals it's a really soothing smell I love it. My only con is the price but since it works so well I suppose it's worth the money. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with oily or acne proned skin.

UPDATE:

After using Velocity for awhile it just stopped working. It's a sin because I really loved thos product. I'm not sure why but I had to stop using it. I need a cleanser to help with my mild acne and this stopped working so I had to switch. If you don't have acne prone skin though this is a really nice cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 1:22:00 AM More reviews by kyasha

aside from the light scent, there isn't anything good about this product. i found it irritating and drying for my combination skin. I prefer the timewise cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by hamstrdance123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I thought this cleaser had a nice fragrance, and the little exfoliating beads in it felt pretty good. It did cost more than the cleaser I use now, so thats one of the down sides. It still did its job, and I would recommend this to anyone who has combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2004 11:59:00 PM More reviews by belt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although this product had a high cost..i decieded what the heck..it smells great and has a good texture, but was nothing special for the amount of money that was paid. It didn't make my face any softer or clearer than any other cleanser would.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2004 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jholmes

This product was recommended to me to help clear up some chin acne. I used it for about a week and noticed that my skin was instantly softer, clearer, and smooth. I was very excited. However, one morning I woke up and my face was swollen, red, and completely a disaster! I am pretty sure that my skin was responding to the strong perfume fragrance in the cleanser. I ended up developing dermatitis and was very disappointed with Mary Kay as a whole after that incident. I think the cleanser would be good without the strong fragrance. Too much for my sensitive skin.