August 2, 2014 | 982 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by arcadia44

I had been using this product (in Mythic) just for nights out and special occasion until one night i had a guy- YES A BOY!- say i was glowing...SOLD. Now i use it almost everyday on top of a tinted moisturizer, it really makes your skin look great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by clamster

WOWOOWow okay, this is a really subtly product that makes a huge difference! Depending on the light it makes my skin have that just scubbed smooth, satiny kinda glow I have beige chic, pink fresh, and mythic I got it in a set of 3 minis. They all looks soo nice the pink one has the most color best for eyes and cheeks. The mythic one is great for all over to give a natually radiant look. At first I don't see much of a difference but I get compliments. I tried it one 1/2 my face and looked closely and I could tell there was a difference. It's Super pricey but they last for EVER!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll be frank, I don't think anyone really does need this product, yet it should be in everyone's beauty wishlist because it's sooo chic and decorative. I love to keep it on top of my boudoir, I love how good it smells and I love the glittery finish it gives to my arms (anyway, I would never use it on my face). Too bad the box is made of plain cardboard, it ruins easily

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by gemgem22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

*Sigh* I love this product. I have the Reflects de Nacre limited edition from Christmas 2003 and they don't seem to have gone down! I never really used to think they did anything except look decorative on my dressing table (the little cylindrical box is so pretty) until an incident a couple of years ago. Throughout my teenage years I had really crap skin, my T-zone was really spotty and nothing made them go away (even Accutane, they came back after I'd finished the course) and one night whilst applying my makeup for a night out I decided to sweep this product all over my face. A week or so later, a friend of mine had showed the photos of the night out to her mum, who commented that my skin looked nice. No one had EVER complimented my skin before, so that pushed the Meteorites near the top of my favourite makeup products list. I even tried putting it on one half of my face and leaving the other half and I could tell the difference in the mirror. The way you're skin looks by candlelight, soft and glowy, well that's what you get with these. LOVE! (and they smell great too, like violets)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2007 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Anastasie

Les Meteorites are pearls of very finely-milled luminescent powder, intended to be used as a highlighter (or perhaps as rouge or eye colour, if it suits you). I have been collecting them for years now, but have been particularly enamoured by three of the shades: Mythic, Perles de Velours, and Winter Radiance.

Mythic is the standard colour of Meteorites -- full of lovely lavenders, sage greens, golds, pearl, and pastel tones. When applied with a kabuki brush, they swirl together to bring life and lustre to the complexion, cancelling redness and imparting a delicate, candle-lit glow.

Winter Radiance, a holiday issue of Meteorites from 2005, was a softer, more lustrous version of Mythic. Really very lovely and ideal for fairer complexions and winter time.

Perles de Velours, the holiday shade from 2006, adds more warmth and glow to the complexion with the addition of beiges, corals, mother-of-pearl, and berry tones. With this, one can achieve a very sultry, velvety look perfect for holiday affairs.

All of Les Meteorites have a very soft lilac/lavender scent, and they remain on the skin well. The container is nice as well, and looks fitting atop a vanity. Guerlain continues to impress each season with these fantastic pearls of powder. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by WANGNIUNIU2004

Pretty good! I like it!!!! should have a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by somesweetgravity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Winter Radiance and have just renewed my love for it. It's far too light for me when summer rolls around, but when I lose my tan in the winter it's the best overall evening product I have. I actually stopped putting on foundation during the past week and just using meteorites followed by a transluscent powder and have been very happy with the results. I'm an NW20/25 and this product has been like a godsend for livening up my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by xxbabydollxx

I have this in mythic. i would haveto give this product a 3 or 4. b/c it doesnt really show up on my nc43 skintone.. This probably works way better on lighter skinned poeple. i still gave it a 4 b/c after i do my enire face makeup i like to use a fluffy brush and just use this as a nice SOFT highlighting powder, i'd like to believe its giving me some sort of light glow i'd only notice if i stopped using this (ya know what i mean??). If i overdid my blush and I just buff this powder over my blush to soften it AND also add radiance. so i guess this isnt enitrely bad but its not a MUST HAVE either. for me its just a nice extra to have. i wouldnt repurchase cause i dont see how its humanly possible to EVER use up ALL those little balls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2006 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd always wanted to try this product, but there were such mixed feelings about Meteorites on the makeup board that I was leery of shelling out so much money on something that might be ho-hum. When the opportunity to swap for them arose, however, I jumped on it!

The shade I received was Mythic. Looking at those little multi-colored balls, I was extremely skeptical that they would do anything for me, but I have to say...I really really like them! I applied with a large fluffy powder brush all over the face, and didn't see any difference right away, but about 10 minutes later, I definitely did. I am a PPP, with fairly nice skin--no acne scarring or large pores--but sometimes I think my skin looks a little dull. This just seemed to warm me up, and filter out any imperfections, as if I were bathed in soft light. I'm hooked!

Lots of people have wanted to know if Meteorites are sparkly. From the distance at which most people look at your face, no. However, up close (like from 5 inches away), I most definitely can see teeny sparkles. This is probably what causes the radiant, soft focus effect, because the sparkles diffuse the light. But if you're worried about looking like a disco ball, fear not. I would definitely buy (or swap for) these again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 2:53:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

I bought this last week in duty free (time to kill in an airport always results in emptying of wallet at a DF shop) in Mythic. I can't say this is a miracle product by any stretch of the imagination, and to me, it's not worth all the hype when compared to a good quality loose powder. I do like that the solid balls help control the product dispensing on my brush (as opposed to having powder fly all over the place, and having to tap off excess) but other than that, they are rather gimicky, IMHO. I have to agree that you do get a non-shimmery "glow", but it is so subtle that I doubt that anyone notices it but the wearer when looking into a magnifying mirror. I've used it now for the last week since I bought it over tinted moisturizer (I've been skipping foundation lately). Perhaps I'd have a better/more dramatic result over foundation--if I do, I'll update. Otherwise, I think this is simply a decent translucent powder with the advantage of the solid balls which make product dispensing easier. I do like that it doesn't really add color, and seems very sheer. Extra lippie for that quality, but I'm certainly not getting the miracle effect that everyone else seems to be getting. Finally, this is a very scented product, but the scent fades after a while. It is annoying from that standpoint, though, since fragrance is absolutely unnecessary in a product like this.