August 2, 2014 | 1285 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mareeyah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to eye make up remover. I must've already gone through at least 5 of these bottles, not to mention all the little travel size ones I've gone through from their gifts with purchase sets. I remember purchasing this product back in the day when it used to only be around $14. Now at the $18.50 price tag, it's a little steep, but definitely worth it. I've tried to replace this product by many others including Lancome's Bi-facil, Target "Up" Makeup Remover, Neutrogena's eye makeup remover, and Origins, as well. Clinique's is, by far, the most effective in removing everything including waterproof mascara. There is a greasy residue IF YOU DON'T use tissue to wipe it off, but for me, once I apply this with a cotton ball then tissue off, it leaves my skin smooth with no dryness. It says you can rinse it off with water, but I haven't had a problem just wiping it away. My eyes are also sensitive, and this causes no irritation whatsoever. This is my HG eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The reviews bashing this product on account of a "greasy residue" left by this eye MU remover mystify and amuse me. I've never experienced such a phenomenon when using this product. Furthermore, what are people doing, removing their eye makeup and not washing their faces after? I always use Clinique to remove all of my eye makeup, but no matter what product you use, it's important to very gently and lightly rinse/wash your eyelids after!

Anyway, I am not a Clinique fan by any means. This product is one of the very few I have stayed loyal to after years of experimenting with, and even once loving the brand (which was years ago, during junior high school). I find their skincare does not agree with my skin at all, with the exception of TTDO and maybe two other items. This is a fabulous, silky, gentle, beautiful smelling makeup remover that obliterates everything it touches in a soothing and non-irritating way! And even though I just gave a mini sermon about properly rinsing your eyelids, lol, I've found that you don't actually NEED to with this product. When I experiment with eye makeup alone and have no other makeup on, I can simply use TTDO and nothing more without any problems. My eyelids are actually slightly oily too (unlike the rest of my skin) and I have never felt any sort of a residue.

In a moment of sheer insanity, I experimented with MAC's makeup remover and was sort of stuck with it for a few months. An SA at the MAC counter convinced me that their product was superior to everything on the market, and that contact lens wearers/people with sensitive skin and eyes raved about it. I was hesitant, because Take the Day Off has been my staple for so long, but I figured MAC's version couldn't be bad.

I was so wrong. After about three days of using MAC, I realized that my eyes were feeling sore and irritated every time I went to remove my eye makeup. I was also displeased to find I had to scrub my eyelids with Dove soap to remove most of my mascara and all the remnants of my eyeliner - none of which is even waterproof! I meant to return the bottle to Macy's, but became too busy/stressed out by life events to make another trip to the mall, so I just suffered through the bottle until it was done.

I finally purchased a new bottle of the Clinique during Sephora Friends and Family and was elated as I took it out of the box! It really is the most fantastic eye makeup remover ever, and it deserves 5 stars in spite of its slightly expensive price tag. (At least it's not as outrageous as Lancome, Chanel, or Chantecaille!) Definitely give this one a chance; there's always GWP bottles floating around eBay, blog sales, and of course MUA! You'll find that your makeup is effortlessly removed with a minimum of fuss and absolutely no irritation whatsoever.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I have only ever used this when Ive recieved the mini versions in free gifts. I LOVE this stuff. It really does dissolve the most waterproof of eye makeup!! Ive just ran out of all my freebies of this so I have ordered myself a full sized! Also, this stuff doesnt irritate my eyes like a lot of removers! Full lippies for that!

as for the reviewers saying about the greasy residue, errrr, do you not wash your face afterwards??????? This isnt cleaning your face, this is removing makeup! You remove makeup, THEN cleanse properly to remove any possible residue and other dirts and oils!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by vane61126

Best make-up remover that I have ever used! It removes all make-up (mascara, lipsticks, eyeliner, foundation, waterproof- anything!) You only need a small amount, it doesn't sting if it gets in the eyes, and it leaves you feeling fresh. I would say, this has to be one of the best products that Clinique has!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG, I love this eye remover, I have bought two at a time, and I use it everyday. It is one of the best eye makeup remover and for lips. I have been using it a year almost. Only thing is I wish they would make it a bigger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by rebecafialho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this, melts the make-up off, does not leave your skin greasy!It removes my mascara on the bottom lashes like a charm! I just have a bit of a hard work trying to remove my mascara on the upper lashes but it's awesome for the rest of the face!Best make-up remover!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

BEST remover out there. I have sensitive, dry/peely eyelids (occasionally) that this stuff does not irritate at all. I use this with a cotton ball/napkin dipped once with the bottle lightly turned upside down, it removes my UDPP + eyeshadow + Milani Liquif'eye + CG waterproof last blast in ONE swipe.Then I turn my cotton ball over & use the other end for the other eye. I wear Revlon Colorstay/Sally Hansen your skin makeup by Carmindy---two veryy stay put foundations, topped off with Model in a bottle & again this stuff (usually 2 dips now) literally erases all my makeup off effortlessly!

I have even dared to swipe this stuff with a q-tip near my lashes where I tightline & on my waterline (i dont know if this is safe/recommended) but NO problems ever!! This does leave a film of oil behind, but since it takes the day off makeup..I always follow with a shower/cleanser, not that my lazier nights have proven to show any problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this as a GWP. It does remove my makeup thoroughly, but it leaves an oily residue that gets into my contacts. I really dislike this stuff.

Plain jojoba oil removes my makeup just as well, and despite being oil, doesn't leave the oily residue. I will stick with my jojoba oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by jennyxgirl3

I have actaully never bought a full size bottle of this. I got a sample bottle with a Clinique bonus and I had decided to give it a try. This stuff is amazing! It takes all my eye makeup off with out irritating my eyes. I have about 3 sample bottles so I'm set for a while but when I run out I think I'm going to buy a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rt7022

This is amazing. Plain and simple. I used it to remove waterproof mascara last night, and it took it off completely, even after I used my regular makeup remover wipes. The texture is great, and non-irritating. If I used liquid makeup remover often, I would buy this. No doubt.