Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works well, and you only need a tiny amount on a cotton bud to take eye makeup off. For me, the con of this product is the oily feel/residue it leaves behind. I got a travel size of this and imagine that this will last me a very long time. I don't think I would repurchase this as I imagine there will be a drugstore equivalent for significantly lower price.

on 2/8/2012 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This makeup remover is very effective and a little goes a long way. I've never purchased a full size container but got a generous GWP of this and have had it for... I'd say close to 6 months and I still have some left! For just a sample that is pretty astounding. I don't use this everyday however, probably 3-4 times a week. Still, I'm pretty impressed by that.
Like others have mentioned, though, it is quite greasy and leaves an overly oily film and sheen around your eyes which then has to be removed with a cleanser or toner. I also just dislike the idea of needing to buy a High End makeup removing product. Come on now, even the remover needs to be $20? It's hard to say whether or not I'll purchase this product because of how long a small amount of it has lasted me.

on 2/6/2012 10:45:00 PM

I have been using this for years! and this is the only remover that will actually remove everything and doesnt irritate the skin around the eyes. I use it at the end of the day before washing my face with my facial cleanser. Great product.

on 1/26/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

In all honesty you can't pay me to use this. Worst makeup remover I have ever tried. Greasy film. Straigjht oily. Barely removed anything. Good thing I used a friends and didn't buy it myself.

on 1/26/2012 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this stuff. I don't use it to take off my makeup at night, I like using wipes for that. But I use this to correct eye makeup mistakes. I dip a q-tip in and it's so easy. It fixes every mistake so easily without a big mess. I got a mini-bottle in the Sephora 2011 lashstash and I don't probably won't have to buy a big one for a looooong time :)

on 1/23/2012 4:58:00 AM

I prefer the Mary Kay product over this, it's less oily and more silky. This product seems to require that you wash it off with soap and water or else you leave a greasy film that can get into your eyes.

on 1/21/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is another Clinique eye makeup remover which I initially received in a GWP and then went on to purchase in the full size because I like it so much and it is so effective. For me, this is an "end of the day/before bed" product because it leaves behind an oily film that then needs to be washed away with your traditional cleanser so using it for a quick fix or eye makeup change before going out doesn't work that well. But Take the Day Off really lives up to its name - it takes off just about any mascara you care to throw at it, as well as primers, long lasting cream shadows, waterproof liner, long wearing concealer - everything dissolves with this product. It's also good for getting off the "ring" or stains left by long-wearing lipsticks. All in all, a great product that does what it says it will do!

on 1/18/2012 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After trying every drugstore brand of makeup remover under the sun, I finally gave in and bought this after numerous glowing reviews. I must say that it definitely lives up to the hype. It definitely has a bit of an oily consistency, so I wipe my lids off with a dry cotton ball after use, but it penetrates through primer, shadow, liner, mascara... you name it. And the best part is that there's no rubbing or tugging. My eyes are happy and so am I! It is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way so it's not a bad value overall.

on 1/16/2012 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 3 bottles of this stuff, 2 empty. I think I started using it in June, but kept spilling the bottle so now I'm on the 3rd lol. One swipe of this could take off even snooki's makeup. It cuts straight through primer, waterproof mascara and/or eyeliner, you name it! My only fuss is that I wish the bottle had a nozzle or something so it would dispense less messily.

I wear a lot of waterproof eye makeup, so naturally I've tried a lot of eye makeup removers. This one is hands down the best - takes everything off, no tugging, and no parabens. A must-have for any eye makeup fanatic.