September 1, 2014 | 1033 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

No wonder this product is so popular in here, this is really high quality, not a bad thing about it, IMO.

The colour comes out more pinkish-mauve on my fair-to-light skin, at least during the winter time when I am very pale. It looks lovely and natural and the staying power is great when I remember to set it w/ a powder. I expect this will work best for fair-to-medium complexions, since the colour is so nude and product quite sheer.

It is easy to blend into the apples of my cheeks and is very buildable, but never distributes unevenly - a real mark of quality IMO.

The only thing I had to get used to is the luminous, glowy properties of the product. I normally prefer matte blush and bronzer, but this is very subtle and I do find that it makes my skin look more plump and moisturised (which can be a but of a stretch during the cold and dry Nordic winter months).

Bottom line: if you want a healthy glowing nude flush on your cheek and have fair-to-medium skin invest in this baby, it won't let you down!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Holy cow! Where has this been all my life?? This gives me the most ethereal natural glow-y pinched looking cheeks. In the pan it's a gorgeous pink-y peachy almost "frosty" looking concoction. Applied it gives me a natural cheek look with such an amazing luminous glow on my yellow undertone NC30-35 skin tone. I was definitely a little nervous that it wouldn't show up on me, but it does and it's miraculous! I absolutely LOVE this! The cream retails for $25 which is the same as a NARS powder blusher. IMO this isn't *that* pricey considering you only need a little. It is on the dry side so there is no sticky icky feeling when you apply, yet it is VERY easy to blend evenly onto my cheeks. I like to use my fingers or the NARS yachiyo brush. This blush looks fantastic when layered with NARS passion blush for the ultimate pinky-peach cheek. I also like adding a tiny super light dusting of NARS taj mahal onto the apples of my cheeks as well on top of passion and penny lane.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In general I don't bother with cream blushes because they usually take more effort to blend in than powders, but Penny Lane is an exception. I am very fair and cool-toned, and Penny Lane looks very natural on, just giving a little healthy face brightening effect, which I really need in the winter, when I have no tan! The color is such a pretty pink and very natural, so I just blend in a little with my fingers and I'm ready to go, looking a lot healthier. In the winter months, this seems to be the face product I use most often. I don't know what I'd do if this were discontinued! As always, I'm also a fan of NARS packaging, simple and sleek.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by sskona

I like the cream to powder consistency of this blush, very natural looking. This color is the perfect pink without being pink. I use it on it's own as well as under my other blushes to give them some depth. I like how there is no shimmer or glitter in it but then again the color is not flat. Only thing is that when I get really tanned (I'm asian/white mix with more asian) it doesn't show as much and can be too subtle. At those times I layer it with Stila Tint (my favorite day peachy color).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so wanted this to work for me, but it is just too blah on my dark skin.
It does show up on me, but then again, I am not a fan of really bright colors or obvious blush, so i feel satisfied with just a tad of color.
The details....

1) Color: the color is pretty accurately described by all the reviewers ahead of me. A peachy pinky color that somehow is more cool than warm. I would never think of this as similar to say, Stila Gerbera (not even)....but it's not a cool pink like a blue-based one. Hard to describe, but it's definitely a pale pink.
2) consistency: it is truly a great consistency, I will admit that. I like the cream-to-powder finish. I really wish they had more colors in their cream blush line. I'm not sure if ALL their cream blushes are this nice, but this one is.
3) price: just really too costly IMO. the packaging and the product itself are not THAT great for the cost.

Overall, this product bores me. I'm more excited by some of my Sonia Kashuk items than this.
For a similar cream blush (consistency), try Josie Maran for a higher-end option.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by BrittaniB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always had problems with my blush staying on throughout the day so I was recommended a cream blush, which I then follow with my powdered blush to set it. It pretty much stays on until you wash it off... NARS= yes, please.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by BeeGee35

I think the only reason I wouldn't repurchase this is bc I think MAC's cream blushes last longer. This color is beautiful and def looks beautiful on. It will last several hours on. It just seems that with MAC's cream blushes last all day. This is a beautiful blush and I'm glad I added it to my collection. UPDATE: this really doesn't last on me. I never reach for it. its gorgeous but won't stay on my skin.. even set over with a powder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by jennerss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It is the nicest shade of cream blush to go under "orgasm" blush. I pair these two all the time because it just compliments each other. It is this nice shade of light coral-y pink, no shimmer, no glitters, just a flat color, which I love. Making that it's the best creme blush I own!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

The perfect color for my light/medimum warm toned skin, mostly. It's a milky warm rose with no pink in it, looks great under Nars Sin powder blush. You can't go wrong with this color unless your skin is tan to dark. But still does not last long on skin, at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by CityGirlNY

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a fantastic cream blush--just what I was looking for. It gives a gorgeous glow while still looking natural. I'm an NW20, but I can see how it may not show up on darker skin as other reviewers have mentioned.