October 26, 2014 | 1070 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ImYourConscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this color first seeing 'shimmer' in the name, and expecting it to be alittle more sheer. Not quite. It applies more like a lipsick and was pretty outrageous looking on my skin tone--it ended up looking somewhat magenta. I have found that if I blot it though and add a pink gloss on top it does look nice though. I like the way it makes my lips feel nice and soft also so while I don't think I'll buy this color again, I plan to try other shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 3:49:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon

These are so incredible. This shade is a touch too bright for me, but perfect when I want drama. Very pigmented. Very moisturizing. I love their signature minty taste/scent. Love this so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 4:25:00 AM More reviews by bellstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour turns out magenta on liberal application and wears off to a berry-ish pink, neither of which looks natural on my lightly tanned NC30 skin. The shimmer is hardly noticeable at all.

The tip size is smaller than normal which is great more precise application, however you need to be careful not to roll the stick up too much because it won't go back down.

Price is OK but when you consider how little product you get - $14 Aussie for 2.6 grams - it is relatively more expensive than others.

Rhubarb is my first lip shimmer and whilst I'm not too thrilled about the colour, I really like how soft this makes my lips. The peppermint smell and tingle are also very soothing. I'll definitely be trying out other shades in this range.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:31:00 AM More reviews by RinoaHeartilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't mind the tingle, but the heavy minty smell is just nausiating sometimes. I like having soft lips so I normally just wear balm because although glosses make lips look moist, they dry them out and lips look even worse. I wanted a tinted balm and I was recommended this. I wanted to get Watermelon but it was sold out, took I the next available color and it was Rhubarb. On my lips this is a very very red color, I need to put a sheer layer to avoid looking painted. I'm hoping to find a pinker color next time that's closer to my natural coloring (currently LLL w/light pink lips).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by BurgundyMist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great product. Rubarb is my signature lip shimmer color (I have this, Coffee, Watermelon, Cinnamon and Champagne). I love it, it's my favorite out of them all, with Cinnamon and Watermelon being tied for my second most favorite/used. I would recommend this product to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by goodthings

This is one of two colors I have (the other is Nutmeg). I've raved about the lip shimmer line already in the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer thread, so I'll concentrate on the color here. On my pigmented lips, this is a bright medium pink. For me, it's neither warm nor cool. It's a little too bright to be a natural lip color on me, but it's not an exaggerated-look-at-my-lips color either. It still goes with my brown with golden undertone skin. It brightens my face. It reminds me of Bloom's Lip Gloss in Cutie Pie, but I like this one much better. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mehnasroom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great color and heals chapped lips too. BONUS!!! I have to say thank you to Burt for thinking of us girls who want color and super soft lips with out having to use 3 dif. products!!! I have 3-4 colors...different days different moods, same chapped lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ActorMom

I really love this Lip Shimmer. Depending on how much you apply it can either be a light bitten pink or a full on bright. I loe the fact that it moisturizes my lips and gives colorl. I have very pigmented lips so it is a nice compliment to even out my lip tone without looking make up or like I have alot of lipstick on. Great stuff. I will def. buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2005 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

After being sorely disappointed by the hideous orange tones in the "Coffee" shade, I thought I'd give these Lip Shimmers another spin, and I'm glad I tried "Rhubarb"! I'm a yellow-toned PPP with brown eyes/hair, and while I wouldn't call this a "warm golden pink" as advertised, it is a nice neutral watermelon pink that I think would flatter all lighter complexions. Brightens rather than washes-out the lips. Great lasting power, too! I like the slimline applicator, natural formula, and peppermint scent. I find these fairly moisturizing; on the downside, the product tends to bleed onto your teeth unless you do something about that. My trick is to put my index finger in my mouth after I've applied lipcolor; the excess comes off on my finger instead of getting on my teeth.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sunflower1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

**Update, over the past 5 years I've bought and completely used up 3 tubes of this stuff. Love it. I am looking for something with more staying power now, but if I don't find it I'll come back to BB.**

I have dark blonde hair with reddish tones, fair skin, and blue eyes, and on my lips this color looks like a pink tube of Color Juice by L'Oreal (except Color Juices' don't leave color on my lips!). Rhubarb gives me a medium sheer pink color and enough shine to make me look alive at work.