Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/8/2006 4:40:00 PM

Most lipsticks dry my lips out badly. This however gives me great color AND soft lips! You can control how much pigment you get based on how you put it on. Dab lightly to get YLBB, or be generous and get a nice redish pink that would probably look fab with most other make-up colors. I tend to wear very little makeup, but I definately adore this! I can't wait to try out a few other shades in this line.

BTW-- I'm a PPP with black hair and blue eyes, and this makes my skin look stellar!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this color first seeing 'shimmer' in the name, and expecting it to be alittle more sheer. Not quite. It applies more like a lipsick and was pretty outrageous looking on my skin tone--it ended up looking somewhat magenta. I have found that if I blot it though and add a pink gloss on top it does look nice though. I like the way it makes my lips feel nice and soft also so while I don't think I'll buy this color again, I plan to try other shades.

on 5/29/2006 3:49:00 AM

These are so incredible. This shade is a touch too bright for me, but perfect when I want drama. Very pigmented. Very moisturizing. I love their signature minty taste/scent. Love this so much.

on 4/24/2006 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The colour turns out magenta on liberal application and wears off to a berry-ish pink, neither of which looks natural on my lightly tanned NC30 skin. The shimmer is hardly noticeable at all.

The tip size is smaller than normal which is great more precise application, however you need to be careful not to roll the stick up too much because it won't go back down.

Price is OK but when you consider how little product you get - $14 Aussie for 2.6 grams - it is relatively more expensive than others.

Rhubarb is my first lip shimmer and whilst I'm not too thrilled about the colour, I really like how soft this makes my lips. The peppermint smell and tingle are also very soothing. I'll definitely be trying out other shades in this range.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Neutral

I don't mind the tingle, but the heavy minty smell is just nausiating sometimes. I like having soft lips so I normally just wear balm because although glosses make lips look moist, they dry them out and lips look even worse. I wanted a tinted balm and I was recommended this. I wanted to get Watermelon but it was sold out, took I the next available color and it was Rhubarb. On my lips this is a very very red color, I need to put a sheer layer to avoid looking painted. I'm hoping to find a pinker color next time that's closer to my natural coloring (currently LLL w/light pink lips).

on 2/12/2006 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is such a great product. Rubarb is my signature lip shimmer color (I have this, Coffee, Watermelon, Cinnamon and Champagne). I love it, it's my favorite out of them all, with Cinnamon and Watermelon being tied for my second most favorite/used. I would recommend this product to anyone!

on 1/23/2006 12:11:00 PM

This is one of two colors I have (the other is Nutmeg). I've raved about the lip shimmer line already in the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer thread, so I'll concentrate on the color here. On my pigmented lips, this is a bright medium pink. For me, it's neither warm nor cool. It's a little too bright to be a natural lip color on me, but it's not an exaggerated-look-at-my-lips color either. It still goes with my brown with golden undertone skin. It brightens my face. It reminds me of Bloom's Lip Gloss in Cutie Pie, but I like this one much better. :)

on 11/29/2005 3:01:00 PM

Great color and heals chapped lips too. BONUS!!! I have to say thank you to Burt for thinking of us girls who want color and super soft lips with out having to use 3 dif. products!!! I have 3-4 colors...different days different moods, same chapped lips.

on 11/25/2005 2:44:00 PM

I really love this Lip Shimmer. Depending on how much you apply it can either be a light bitten pink or a full on bright. I loe the fact that it moisturizes my lips and gives colorl. I have very pigmented lips so it is a nice compliment to even out my lip tone without looking make up or like I have alot of lipstick on. Great stuff. I will def. buy again!

on 11/25/2005 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

After being sorely disappointed by the hideous orange tones in the "Coffee" shade, I thought I'd give these Lip Shimmers another spin, and I'm glad I tried "Rhubarb"! I'm a yellow-toned PPP with brown eyes/hair, and while I wouldn't call this a "warm golden pink" as advertised, it is a nice neutral watermelon pink that I think would flatter all lighter complexions. Brightens rather than washes-out the lips. Great lasting power, too! I like the slimline applicator, natural formula, and peppermint scent. I find these fairly moisturizing; on the downside, the product tends to bleed onto your teeth unless you do something about that. My trick is to put my index finger in my mouth after I've applied lipcolor; the excess comes off on my finger instead of getting on my teeth.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products