April 24, 2014 | 1876 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this as part of my regimine with Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser, the purfying lotion and the Cleanance regulating lotion and it has completely cleared my acne. I am in love with the Avene line and will never use anything else ever again- my Holy Grail routine.
I have the odd blemish like any one else now, but before my skin really was a mess. Within a week of using this and the other products I mentioned, my spots were gone and my skin was clear and smooth.
It doesn't irritate my senstive skin at all- even the toner (I have had big problems with toners stinging- every one I have tried! Except Avene)
It really does what it promises. Not too expensive as it lasts forever- like all Avene products (the Cleanance regulating lotion runs out faster I find, as you need to use more).
Give it a go if you have senstive but spotty skin- or even if it's not sensitive.
I am so pleased I tried this as like I said- my HG now!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by bellefish

Must say, I am quite disappointed with this product. I have many other Avene products that I absolutely love. On a positive note, I really love how this smells. I find my skin a bit stingy after applying this. My skin got a shinny sheen to it after using it. I broke out. I do think this is the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MackiesMummy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the Avene Cleanance K used for treating blemishes and blackheads. I used this product for the months running upto my wedding day and I have to say that on the big day I did not have one spot! Hurrah! My skin is sensitive, dry/combo and I suffer with breakouts around that time of the month in my t-zone. I used this day and night on any spots/zits/blemishes/bumps that appeared and it wasn't a magic overnight fix, but after a day or two it did reduce and eventually rid me of any spots. It is a gel which comes in a hygienic squeeze tube. The gel itself is whiteish in colour and does tingle/sting on application. It also leaves a sticky residue and creates slight balling when make-up is applied over it. Overall a good product, I would purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by rvmc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Have used this for two months.
My forehead is bumpy, red, clogged, and my chin and jawline is full of white pimples. It's worse than before I started this stuff (and yes, I used an SPF with it). I'm really, really unhappy that I wasted NZ$40 on something which has made me look uglier than I did in the first place. :~(
Edited to update: Tried this again last night just in case it was hormonal before. It has burned my face and made it swell and go dry and crack. Going in the bin. This stuff is just dangerous.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by khogg047

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for about 4 weeks and I love it. I have these little white bumps you can barely see on my chin which eventually turn into pimples after a couple of months. These pimples are red, painful and sometimes turn into whiteheads. I noticed that not only are these little white bumps disappearing, but also decreased the lifespan of my pimples by about 50%.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCT
This product is only a treatment so should only be applied to affected areas. You should use another moisturizer on the rest of your face. It is designed to treat blackheads, whiteheads and moderate acne. It claims to cleanse and tighten pores, absorb and regulate oils, and have a fluid and non-greasy texture. It contains:
-50% thermal water (soothing, anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating)
-Curcubito Pepto extract, zinc gluconate and CTAB (oil regulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial)
-6% glycolic acid, 2%lactic acid, and 0.1% salicylic acid (keratolytic)
NOTE
To those who have been having bad reactions to this product, it may be because your skin is sensitive to the glycolic acid. This acid is a major exfoliant and therefore can irritate skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by debx

Am I the only one who has this reaction? i've been using this product for 2 weeks and I just keeep breaking out from it! I'm confused. I keep convincing myself that the product is meant to CLEAR my face. And I can't bear to stop using this product because of the amount I spent on it, and yet it just doesn't seem to do anything but give me more pimples.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by beautyisskindeep18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mhmm im not sold on this product.
Unfortunatly i have to agree with alot of the reviews on here ....the first few weeks using this product are great and it does seem to help. But then all of a sudden its like it just ceases working. I did persist and buy another tube but i saw no continue improvements.
Upside-for an acne treatment i think its quite gentle on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW wow and wow again!! This stuff is amazing!! It`s a treatment, not a moisturizer btw. Ok.. I`ve been using Avene`s Diacneal almost nightly to treat my acne-prone skin and have some anti-aging action from the Retinaldehydes and it was working well.
But I still got those cystic pimples from time to time (dermatologist says hormonal) and a few clogged pores on my cheeks. I`ve been using the cleanance mask with AHA and BHA 2x a week to deep cleanse my skin from time to time and loved it so I decided to try the fitting treatment (cleanance k) as well. What a good idea this was!
I started using this a week ago and my skin looks supple, even-toned and the blackheads are completely gone (for the first time in years) and the clogs are less AND no new cyst!! The leftover marks are healing quickly too.
I plan to alternate this with diacneal nightly to get the most out of both products.
I also tried to put this under my foundation which worked but I also use sunscreen and this plus sunscreen balled up and peeled off in little flakes so I will stick using this as night. I also thought that this would dry me out but it didn`t. YAY a keeper!! :-))
For reference: I have dry, sensitive, acne/clog- prone skin.
Update: I still like this but I have found MaMa lotion which works faster for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jenniegirl

if im not wrong, this is something like differin gel. it peels gently the top layers of the skin and is good for congested skin or mild to moderate acne. My skin is full of clogs and small pimples and i was recommended to use either this or the spot treatment gel, diacneal would be too harsh for me.

i used it for a week or so now, and have seen some improvements, will update and see.
current routine:

cetaphil
cleanance K

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by MarionSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

While my skin has improved slightly after using half a bottle of this (maybe I will post again after using the entire bottle), it is not worth the price. Instead I recommend using the Diacneal with glycolic acid, which has been way more effective at clearing up acne scars, and blackheads.

I have noticed some of the red marks left over from my acne has decreased in size from using Cleanance but for the price I would have purchased something more effective.