November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by xoxmissjxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews for this cotton on Makeup Alley, I decided to ask the SA at Shiseido for some samples - I just HAD to see what the hype was about...

And boy did these cotton pads not only met my expectations - they exceeded them! I did not know facial cotton could be this soft. I've been using the regular cotton balls from my local Target and didn't really mind them but now that I've used Shiseido's facial cottons, the regular ones feel like sandpaper on my skin! ok not so much sandpaper...but you get the point.

They feel like clouds on my skin...and allows me to use less of the product since they are thinner and don't completely soak it up. I'm sure these will last me a while - I agree that it is better to cut it in half b/c you really don't need the whole one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by skymovie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Amazing! The cotton pad is soft and doesn't leave out any cotton on my face. I was always afraid to use cotton pad when I saw it in CVS because I looked like low quality. However, when I was using the sample facial cotton of Shiseido, I found that it was just perfect and I couldn't figure out any flaw. I have bought two packs and will definitely keep on buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I need new pads for my toner and make up remover and I was planning on buying generic cotton pads that would have cost about 4-5 dollars canadian depending on how many packs you buy for the same number of shiseido pads which were $8 can so I decided to try these. I'm so glad I did - I had no idea how rough the other pads had been all these years when I used the shiseido pads for the first time. I have sensitive skin and didn't realise that the old cotton pads were actually hurting my face being all scratchy until i tried these. they are so soft and gently and pick up everything without balling up on my face. And they are big enough to cut in half so If you do the math they come out cheeper than the generic cotton pads if you cut them in half. I will continue to repurchase these - they are a great little luxury. But I don't think I'll use them to remove nail polish - too nice- but maybe i will try it once - might be a nice change from the mess that the generic ones become with all that rubbing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by blink182girl03

I love these cotton pads!! They are extremely soft. It is pretty pricey, $9.50 for a pack and I think it was well worth the money. I will definetly buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I bought these based on MUA reviews. Everyone is right- they are a small luxury that is very worth the money. The facial pads are lovely- great texture, soft, and don't pill up and disintegrate, leaving all kinds of balled up fluff behind on my face. I will definitely repurchase. I paid $8.00 CAD for a rather large 80 gram bag of cotton pads.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

These are amaaazing. Quite a lot of money for just something you're going to dispose of but I'd still splurge on them. They do not shed/tear like the regular cotton pads and leave behind stuff on your face. I do find that I can use less toner than usual on them to do the job (why? i'm not totally sure of lol) and I notice that these pick up stuff off my face when I wipe with my toner. I think they're too precious to use to take off my makeup lol. They're awesome =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Sushigrl1029

I thought all cotton was the same until a counter rep introduced me to Shiseido's cotton. She also taught me a trick to make them go further...cut them in half! You only need a small piece of cotton to get the job done. It holds toner and make up remover like you wouldn't believe. And it is so incredibly soft. No tugging or pain like some cottons with the crimped edges. Ouch! And the cotton doesn't fall apart on you or leave behind those annoying little fibers. Can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by bren81

I'm the first one to write a review on this? No way!
I first bought this facial cotton way back when I had to find something cheap (compared to other products at the counter) to get GWP. Until then I used cheap cottons that I could get in bulk from Costco. Obviously I was blown away. This was the softest but at the same time very resilient cotton. Usually I had to use about 6-7 cotton pads to get all of my mascara and eyeliner off but with this one I just had to use two! (sort of justifies the price). I would use this every day but it's too expensive.... The packaging could use some improvements also. I wish they'd come in a box or something. For the price I think they should think of a better way to store this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

an $8 CDN package has hundreds of square cotton pads that are just as effective pulled into two layers. this way a package lasts me many, many months of toning and eye makeup removing, so i consider the cost very low . it breaks down to about $1.50/less a month. dirt cheap!

these are extremely gentle, and i wouldnt think of using anything else ever again. this seems like the most respectful thing to use for your beautiful face!! especially considering the money we shell out on creams, toners, serums, etc. honestly i flinch now at the idea of using a drugstore/dollar store cotton pad. once you try these you will too

i also agree with all the points made by "Forher2me" review below. all well said!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by annxiong

The most softest cotton pads i have ever used!!! This is a must have for applying any Shiseido softener. Worth the prices. I cut the pads into halves. saves alot of money and product.