July 23, 2014 | 1146 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I bought these based on MUA reviews. Everyone is right- they are a small luxury that is very worth the money. The facial pads are lovely- great texture, soft, and don't pill up and disintegrate, leaving all kinds of balled up fluff behind on my face. I will definitely repurchase. I paid $8.00 CAD for a rather large 80 gram bag of cotton pads.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Burningdesir3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

These are amaaazing. Quite a lot of money for just something you're going to dispose of but I'd still splurge on them. They do not shed/tear like the regular cotton pads and leave behind stuff on your face. I do find that I can use less toner than usual on them to do the job (why? i'm not totally sure of lol) and I notice that these pick up stuff off my face when I wipe with my toner. I think they're too precious to use to take off my makeup lol. They're awesome =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Sushigrl1029

I thought all cotton was the same until a counter rep introduced me to Shiseido's cotton. She also taught me a trick to make them go further...cut them in half! You only need a small piece of cotton to get the job done. It holds toner and make up remover like you wouldn't believe. And it is so incredibly soft. No tugging or pain like some cottons with the crimped edges. Ouch! And the cotton doesn't fall apart on you or leave behind those annoying little fibers. Can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by bren81

I'm the first one to write a review on this? No way!
I first bought this facial cotton way back when I had to find something cheap (compared to other products at the counter) to get GWP. Until then I used cheap cottons that I could get in bulk from Costco. Obviously I was blown away. This was the softest but at the same time very resilient cotton. Usually I had to use about 6-7 cotton pads to get all of my mascara and eyeliner off but with this one I just had to use two! (sort of justifies the price). I would use this every day but it's too expensive.... The packaging could use some improvements also. I wish they'd come in a box or something. For the price I think they should think of a better way to store this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

an $8 CDN package has hundreds of square cotton pads that are just as effective pulled into two layers. this way a package lasts me many, many months of toning and eye makeup removing, so i consider the cost very low . it breaks down to about $1.50/less a month. dirt cheap!

these are extremely gentle, and i wouldnt think of using anything else ever again. this seems like the most respectful thing to use for your beautiful face!! especially considering the money we shell out on creams, toners, serums, etc. honestly i flinch now at the idea of using a drugstore/dollar store cotton pad. once you try these you will too

i also agree with all the points made by "Forher2me" review below. all well said!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by annxiong

The most softest cotton pads i have ever used!!! This is a must have for applying any Shiseido softener. Worth the prices. I cut the pads into halves. saves alot of money and product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Forher2me

I'm not sure why would anybody give this product anything less than a 5-star review.

Yes, $9 for some facial cotton sounds outrageous for the average drugstore consumer, however for the discerning consumer these are a staple and you'll never go back to discount mart's el cheapo cotton. If you still are skeptical, go to the counter and try them out. Believe me, the Shiseido representative will be MORE THAN HAPPY to let you try them and give you some samples to try at home.

The cotton is a decent size (2 1/8" X 2 1/2" or 5.4cm X 6.5cm). They are about 4mm or 1/8" thick. They used to be thicker and fluffier...maybe they just flattened them out or something...whatever.

They are 100% cotton, so no bull@#% nylon or manmade materials to scratch your face or leave linty fuzz. Just 100% soft and gentle.

The best part about these cotton pads is that the pad doesn't absorb the product like a sponge.
--> This is kind of tricky to explain. The el cheapo cotton pads I've tried from "discount" mart, not just soaks up the product, but it absorbs it like a sponge. For instance if I use this cotton for toner/softener/balancing lotion, Shiseido's cotton acts almost like a brush by spreading the liquid nicely over my face, but it still picks up debris or make up as a cotton pad ought to. El Cheapo cotton will just soak up and absorb the product like a Bounty sheet; my skin won't get any of the yummy toner; I end up wasting a lot of product on the cotton pad itself rather than my skin.

Sometimes I'll cut them in half if I dont need to use the entire sheet (might as well save if I can right?)

The only gripe I have about them is a couple years ago, Shiseido decided to make them thinner than they used to be. I liked the thick fluffiness they used to have

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

These are amazing! Hold one of these in your hand and a regular cotton pad, it's like cashmere compared to a flour sack. I'll save the crappy ones for my nails, nothing but these are going on my face from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the best cotton pads I've used for my face. I use this to apply on toner and it just glides on without tug. I got this on sale for $9 and it was in a "frosted" plastic cover, with Shiseido printed in red on the middle and three rows of facial cotton on it! It's lasted me for a while now so it's definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupkitkat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for $8 CAD... It feels very nice and doesn't tear or ball up like cotton I've used in the past. It's good shtuff. Yes, even at $8. It takes a while to get through the package, so by the time you do, you forget all about those $8.