MAC Dollymix

4.4

on 5/31/2010 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this along w. a matching lipstick. It was ok, not my favorite. I might be a little too dark skinned for this but not dark enough, if that makes any sense. It has really good staying power and its very build able which is always a plus w. blush. i am nc40-nc42.

on 5/31/2010 12:24:00 PM

Dollymix is so pretty! It is a gorgeous bright pink without being neon. Right now it is my favorite blush. For reference, I am NC 20, cool toned with yellow undertones. Used with a light hand, it makes me look flushed and dolly - in a good way.

This blush has shimmer. I want to say: glitter. But it is not really chunky glitter, it is really pretty, because it is so finely milled.

on 5/24/2010 4:41:00 AM

I really don't like this blush. its up for swap on my swaplist. i think its the silver shimmers/sheen that mak it unflattering in my skintone. (olive)

on 5/24/2010 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my new favorite blush. Like everyone else says a little does go a long way! it gives me the perfect flushed look and it looks amazing on my skin. Im a NC42 i def recommend this to all my NC42 girls!

on 5/11/2010 12:34:00 AM

This is my HG pink blush. I'm a fair NW15 but very warm so most pinks like my welldressed and dame just turn orangey on me and I have to pack it on, well this is just fab on me, it actually looks pink, I love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is the perfect pink blush. Finally a pink blush that actually looks pink on me. I have fair skin, but my cheeks are always slightly red and even with foundation, it's hard to get blushes to show up in their true color, especially pinks. This looks super bright in the pan, but it shows up quite sheer after one layer since it is a sheertone. It is such a pretty pink with just a slight shimmer. I have tried many pinks and this is by far my favorite. I use about two layers and it's perfect. I have been tanned since I got it, but i think it would still work year round with my very fair skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm an NC40(golden tan skin), this blush is highly reccomneded for my skintone but I honestly hated it! It was just too bright and too pink for me, even when I tried blending it with peachy blush I just never loved it. It made me look reddish,sunburned, and yucky! I ended up selling it. The color looks gorgeous in the pan, it's def a shade to test out before purchasing though!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this one! I like that you need little for a really dolly cheeks look... Pigmented perfectly!

on 4/24/2010 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Honestly nothing special for me nc37-40. Looks like EVERY pink blush I have-NARS angelika, MAC tenderling, Bobbi brown pink sugar...they all look the same on me. I ended up swapping.

on 4/24/2010 12:36:00 AM

This is such a SCARY color in the pan, I went and left the MAC store so many times without buying it. Now I'm so glad I took the plunge into pink. With a light hand, it comes off a fresh light pink flush on the cheeks. With a heavier hand, it looks like I got a bit sun-burned, which is a look I like to wear in the summer. Don't ask me why. This blush has a slight shimmer in it, so it's very easy to wear.

For reference, I'm a pale Asian (NC20-25) with yellow to neutral undertones, so pink blushes usually look weird on me. I have to say this blush doesn't look as warm on me as some peach blushes, but still works somehow. It looks better with gray looks than browns.

The price of MAC blush is reasonable for its quantity and quality, so no complaints there. However, there are alternatives to Dollymix or dupes like NYX Pinky, Nars Desire, and Lavshuca PK-1.

Top Rated MAC Products