October 31, 2014 | 759 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kikicookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really excited when I got this. Then I brought it home and realized it is an exact dupe for my Revlon's Berry Haute which is less than half the price. Great color though. But if you are thinking about getting this, save the money and get the Revlon lipstick.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm sorry but Up The Amp just doesn't work on me. i've been getting many recs of this lippie for my skintone. i was excited as this is such a unique & beautiful color in the tube. i thought it would show up as pinky purple. On my lips,it's straight up purple. no pink undertone at all. it looks disastrous against my warm toned yellow skin. i don't see any pretty pinkish purple hue that i see on other people pics wearing this lippie.

formula/finish: Amplified Creme. one of my fave finishes in MAC line of lipsticks. great pigmentation,beautiful finish.

staying power: great.

color: looks like creamy purple in the tube.

with Up The Amp,you gotta TRY it on first before buying. this lippie is the type which takes your coloring & pigmentation of lips into account whether it'll look fabulous or downright crap on lips. i think this will work wonderful with fair or dark skin,just not my tan NC35 skin with yellow/golden tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

it's a beautiful lipstick...i have never been a lipstick person but ever since i purchased my first lipstick from MAC, i am hooked! This is my third lipstick from MAC and its a gorgeous purplish-pink color...however its not a everyday regular lipcolor you can wear...but its definitely a must-have in your collection :) and also i love the amplified finish...i also find it to be long-lasting!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by gotlipstick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was at my MAC counter looking for something new and different. My eyes went right to Up the Amp....have looked at lipstick display hundreds of times over the years and never ever picked this up. I had Chili on and I was in a hurry so I didn't want to removed it and reapply. I swiped it and my instinct told me it would work nicely, but maybe a little too dramatic for me. I settled on Courting Lilac (which they were out of). I ordered CT on line which I love, but I had UTA still in my head. I went to my MAC store this time w/a nude color on so I could try quickly. OMG.....my friend who I was w/loved it too and the M/A. I wore Snob to a Christmas party the day before, but felt the need for something a little deeper. This is an all season color w/the right clothing and makeup. Don't be afraid of this one. A cool tone skin w/blonde hair w/be equally beautiful too. I wear it w//bbq liner and it looks fabulous. It's a very unique shade, not to be duped easily. The Amplified formula is an added bonus....the texture works perfect w/the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for the perfect purple and this is it. I would wear it day or night and the formula is so creamy and very moisturising. I also love girl about town and this would be the perfect colour for those who may be a little afraid to plunge for GAT. I can't believe I have lived without this for so long! Amplified formulas are my favourite lipsticks by far, so much better than than the YSL rouge purs and about half the price! If you want to be noticed in a good way you can't go wrong with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by didi23

Love the look of this need a lipliner. I pair with night moth pencil liner. Love the deep purple pink very sexy with a winged black liquid liner or dark smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by lovelydiva

If you are looking for the real purple tone lipcolor, this is the one...Absolutely gorgeous..love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by LoveAntigua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyone should GET THIS COLOR!!! I've been trying to look for a really nice purple/pink color that Alyssa Milano usually wears on Charmed (the TV series), and OMG...I have found it!!! I might just get another one just in case...It's that pretty!!! It's rich and can be worn either LIGHT or DARK..depending how much you lather on that sucker...it's very versatile and can be worn with so many looks...I LOVE IT!!! Hands down, one of the best colors yet!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my first Back to Mac the other day and got Up The Amp, I had been considering it for a while due to positive reviews on here especially from people with the same colouring as me Mac C40 and I wanted desperately to venture out from the safe realm of neutrals and get something really different and unique. I asked my favourite Mac Artist who is alway honest with me and always picks me stuff that really suits me to choose between this and a few others and he said I should go with Up the Amp.

Once I tried it on I too like many others was instanly in love Amplified is the best formula for this lipstick, its make it soft but bright and more wearable than say if it had been a frost. Its such a lovely unusual pinky purple that is so wearable and I never wear brights - mostly because I have quite small hooded eyes that look awful without eyeliner and mascara that I usually keep my lips quite soft and neutral and concentrate on making my eyes look good.

Up the Amp has the ability to be both bright and soft at the same time it is not garish or shiny no shimmer can be worn lightly as a nice subtle stain or full on and you dont look like your trying too hard you just look really cool and on trend and people will always ask you what your wearing. I thoroughlyrecomend you try it on your lips and see if it works for you too I think its balanced enough to work with many skin tones.