December 17, 2014 | 1813 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't think I would have shelled out the coin for a purple lipstick but I got this on Back to Mac. Now I love it. I don't wear it every day, by any means, but it's very pretty. The pictures here are good. It's buildable, you can do it day or night. This is a very different and pretty shade of lilac-lavender-purple, eye-catching but simple. Looks good with a simple eye. I reach for it once or twice a month and always get compliments on it. A very cute look.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by emromano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

very purple for me, and it is a color I have to be in the mood to wear. It is possibly too much for daytime

I am fair, and I can see this color looking better on someone with darker skin.

I was craving a purpleish lipstick, so I traded in my 6 empty containers and got this one and am happy to have it in my lipstick wardrobe, although it is not my favorite or most flattering

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like Up The Amp because it's so different and daring. I like to apply it lightly to my lips in the summer when the mood takes me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by icing78

I went to get this one after I saw all those pretty pictures of this color. However, I think it looks prettier on the tube than on my lips. It doens't look like the color in any of the pictures at all--It was way too purple. I can't wear this as a daily makeup.

I found snob instead. It was a lighter but pinker color than this. I am very happy with that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Lizettx

I LOVE this lipstick SO MUCH! I love to use Up The Amp when I'm on a rush and all I have on is mascara and eyeliner. It gives my face a pop of color and makes me not look like a zombie. Lol. For sure a color that I'll keep rebuying and rebuying!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kikicookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really excited when I got this. Then I brought it home and realized it is an exact dupe for my Revlon's Berry Haute which is less than half the price. Great color though. But if you are thinking about getting this, save the money and get the Revlon lipstick.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm sorry but Up The Amp just doesn't work on me. i've been getting many recs of this lippie for my skintone. i was excited as this is such a unique & beautiful color in the tube. i thought it would show up as pinky purple. On my lips,it's straight up purple. no pink undertone at all. it looks disastrous against my warm toned yellow skin. i don't see any pretty pinkish purple hue that i see on other people pics wearing this lippie.

formula/finish: Amplified Creme. one of my fave finishes in MAC line of lipsticks. great pigmentation,beautiful finish.

staying power: great.

color: looks like creamy purple in the tube.

with Up The Amp,you gotta TRY it on first before buying. this lippie is the type which takes your coloring & pigmentation of lips into account whether it'll look fabulous or downright crap on lips. i think this will work wonderful with fair or dark skin,just not my tan NC35 skin with yellow/golden tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sbb444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Grey

it's a beautiful lipstick...i have never been a lipstick person but ever since i purchased my first lipstick from MAC, i am hooked! This is my third lipstick from MAC and its a gorgeous purplish-pink color...however its not a everyday regular lipcolor you can wear...but its definitely a must-have in your collection :) and also i love the amplified finish...i also find it to be long-lasting!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by gotlipstick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I was at my MAC counter looking for something new and different. My eyes went right to Up the Amp....have looked at lipstick display hundreds of times over the years and never ever picked this up. I had Chili on and I was in a hurry so I didn't want to removed it and reapply. I swiped it and my instinct told me it would work nicely, but maybe a little too dramatic for me. I settled on Courting Lilac (which they were out of). I ordered CT on line which I love, but I had UTA still in my head. I went to my MAC store this time w/a nude color on so I could try quickly. OMG.....my friend who I was w/loved it too and the M/A. I wore Snob to a Christmas party the day before, but felt the need for something a little deeper. This is an all season color w/the right clothing and makeup. Don't be afraid of this one. A cool tone skin w/blonde hair w/be equally beautiful too. I wear it w//bbq liner and it looks fabulous. It's a very unique shade, not to be duped easily. The Amplified formula is an added bonus....the texture works perfect w/the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by htaikwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for the perfect purple and this is it. I would wear it day or night and the formula is so creamy and very moisturising. I also love girl about town and this would be the perfect colour for those who may be a little afraid to plunge for GAT. I can't believe I have lived without this for so long! Amplified formulas are my favourite lipsticks by far, so much better than than the YSL rouge purs and about half the price! If you want to be noticed in a good way you can't go wrong with this one.