April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Clairity27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with other reviewers who have said this lotion smells like Play-doh. It's one of the least appealing scents I've ever smelled. Right from the get go, it's just...plasticy. Yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sugarqb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, I liked the subtle and feminine scent and bought this item for $3 at the semi-annual sale. Next day, was going to put some on and got a very strange whiff- like dull clay and earthy (in a bad way). I was disappointed and very annoyed that I had to return the lotion... so, I decided to find out what other reviewers thought about the scent. Well... another reviewer described the smell to be like playdoh... she was so right!!! Needless to say, I won't be buying this again. Brown sugar and fig smells more like vanilla and sugar, although it's a little sweeter, at least there's no playdo smell.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jnugget21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alas, this is another musky generic vanilla that makes my nose sad. The notes sounded ok to me, sandalwood being one of the few scents I wouldn't mind mixed with vanilla, or so I thought. This doesn't smell like vanilla and sandalwood at all to me-It smells like vanilla and musky floral. At least now I can put it on the long lists of vanilla I never want to smell again. Booo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Some days I sniff the bottle and I recoil repulsed by what seems to be an awful plastic smell... Most of the time it smells like vanilla, sugar, basmati rice, coconut and sandalwood and I absolutely love it! It's perfect for wearing on it's own or layering with my other vanillas or musks. I apply the lotion right out of the shower while my skin is still wet and it sinks right in making my skin soft and scented my skin but warmer and sweeter. There aren't any BBW stores in Canada and this is still unique in the small town I live in. Unfortunately, I have to purchase it on eBay because I have never been able to swap for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:40:00 AM More reviews by daricsmami

I love BBW lotions, especially this scent. Very moisturizing and I wear it every single day. The only problem is the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by rosehugo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Warm vanilla sugar was my favorite bath and body scents scent for several years, but I just can not bring myself to spend that much for a basic vanilla lotion. There are many cheaper vanilla lotions that smell just as good if not better than warm vanilla sugar. I detected a faint playdough scent in warm vanilla sugar the last time I tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by cloudlessblu1108

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always find bath & body works products to be pricey, and this is no exception. It does smell amazingly wonderful, but beware! Do not put this on your face or any sensitive part of your body, because it will clog your pores and make you break out like crazy! It even sometimes makes my arm break out. For me, the great smell is not worth the money or the breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by bri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! Warm, sweet and comforting. I especially love it it the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a comfort scent for me. I always have it in my product closet, so when I feel nostalgic and need a warm smell I go for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This one's wonderful! The lotion is surprisingly creamy and rich for a scented lotion without being greasy or to thick or heavy. It has the signature sweet, warm, musky Vanilla Sugar scent. The name makes it sound simplistic but it definately has notes of quiet and mild spice to it like sandalwood. This is another one of my must-haves.