November 26, 2014 | 1621 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by WhereAmI

I've been looking for the perfect foundation without any luck. Clinique City Stick has come close - great natural-looking coverage, but still, my skin was not looking as flawless as I wanted it to. So, why didn't I know long before this that all I needed was a dusting of Blot Powder over my foundation? My skin looks flawless with this powder! Controls oil well, much better than any other powder, but I do need to blot with a tissue and apply every 2 hours or so. No breakouts and my skin is highly reactive. I am so very happy and feel so much more confident about my skin now. For reference, I am NC 20-25 and this is a touch too light for me, but I have a feeling the darker color won't work, so I'm sticking with Medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Gloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this powder for my wedding day so I could blot during the day without adding additional colored powder to my face. Worked like a charm. A little goes a long way, and with one swoop you can get rid of the oilies without caking makeup on. It's truly invisible and I love that. I took off one point for the price, which is a little steep. However, I'm still using the original compact (I bought it last August) so it seems to last awhile. I'll most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 8:20:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome product - doesnt feel like you're wearing it at all, doesnt cake, remove oil - basically, everything you'd expect it to do from it's name/description. Reccommended! A little too expensive for me, so I'm consantly looking for alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

i just bought it yesterday and so far i love it.
its good on controlling oil and make your face look matte. love the fact that it doesn't add any color too..the price is alright and i think it will last ages. good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Blot powder for several years, and have never found a pressed powder (or a loose powder!) that is it's equal. I am a NC15 and use 'medium' in Blot powder. This powder is so sheer that the colors are really forgiving. I have also been able to use the 'light' shade in this but it is actually very light, even for me, so I prefer 'medium'. Blot powder is sheer, and looks invisible when you put it on. There is no added color, no weighted look or caked look. However, it provides a veil of shine control and a general look of evenness. It can help to tone down a foundation that appears too dewy, it provides the best and most natural looking shine control of anything I've tried, and it also is a great way to tone down a blush that is too bright or has been too heavily applied. I have 2 compacts of Blot: one at home, applied with a big fluffy brush instead of loose powder, and then one in my purse, applied with the standard round puff applicator that comes with Blot. Applying with a brush makes it go on more evenly. I have found that if I have any dry patch on my face, applying with the applicator puff can cause the Blot powder to adhere to those flakes ever-so-slightly, so a brush is my preferred method of application. This is the best powder on the market, both in performance and color, for me. Even the loose Blot powder, for comparison, did not provide a good shade match for me; even in it's lightest shade, the loose Blot was too dark. Again, I am a NC15, wear the palest neutral shades in every line, and have normal to slightly-oily skin, occasional dry patches/flakes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't believe I waited this long to review Blot Powder! I got the medium for my NC 20ish skintone and it is fabulous! Every single mattifying powder I tried, although gorgeous and very nice (MUFE Super Matte loose powder, Becca Fine loose powder, etc.) didn't do much for my oilies but a dusting of Blot over my makeup in the morning keeps me shine-free all day long without making me look made up. It also works beautifully over my super shiny La Roche Posay Fluide Extreme without getting cakey. Blot does not add any color to your face at all, which is another reason why I love it so much. I LOVE Blot (original pressed powder only as I haven't tried the loose powder) and can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by evalien

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The reviews on MUA made me want to get this and I'm happy I did. The shine stays at bay, finally. My only dislike is in the packaging, which is sleek but boring. EDIT: I won't repurchase alas. For some reason the powder's broken on me twice. Not something that happens to me with other pressed powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by PourHomme

Why did I stray from this product? I really do love loose powders and I tried the newer loose version and it is not even close in hiding shine. This pressed powder mainly contains kaolin, a highly absorbent clay. The loose is a standard (albeit finely milled) loose talc powder. I have no problem with that, but to pass it off as a loose version of this is a little deceitful to say the least, as it contains no kaolin at all. Normally I feel that pressed powders are kind of waxy or shiny on oilier skin due to the fact that it must contain a binder to keep it in its pressed form, but somehow this one manages to have a very dry feel, great for oilier or combination skin. It surpasses shine control that other powders claim to have. I'm fair to light and the medium works on me. This stuff doesn't get cakey, but I ususully toss that chunky, inelegant puff in favor of a latex sponge or brush. That is the kind of puff I'd expect from a drugstore pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by belle_in_pink

I finally caved in and bought MAC Blot. I never thought it would be so good in controlling my oilies without caking. This is the best pressed powder. Just blends in my skin. Doesn't break me up. The no-fuss packaging is a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by mikithebrain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a Medium in this!? I love this product, but the color range is sort of strange as I am a NC15 in pretty much anything they make....However, it does its job and blends evenly to help set my SFF or Full Coverage Foundation without setting into the fine lines I have around my eyes and lips. I wish it came with a proper sponge applicator rather than the powder puff, but c'est la vie.