July 29, 2014 | 1998 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by tinnag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Don't get the hype about this one.. It's okay but nothing special, way to glittery for me ... Will use it up but not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I wear this pretty much every day. I'm ~NC20 and this is my MLBB color-- very subtle but makes me look polished. I tend to wear mostly browns and bronzes on my eyes with peach blush and this goes well with those. It's somewhat drying but I just use Vaseline before it so it's fine. All the money goes to the MAC AIDS Fund so it's for a good cause. I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick, my favourite for the winter. On my nc15 skin this is a gorgeous mlbb with a soft sheen and pretty good staying power. I can wear a light coat during the day for work but I also like it in the evening with smokey eyes and dewy skin. Although I'm fair I live in a hot country and when the summer arrives I tan quite a bit, usually going to around a nc25 shade. As soon as my skin gets this dark I stop wearing this, i find that against tanned skin it takes on a kind of cool, greyish undertone that's pretty unflattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year when I was looking for a nice neutral that I could pack into my makeup bag for those caught out without makeup days. I love this shade for the fact that while it is neutral it still has a hint of pink without being too overpowering of a shade.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

blah. I normally love MAC l/s but this one is way too gritty for me. For some reason the color turns out brown on my lips too. FAIL.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this colour comes out WAY too dark on me! it's a gorgeous lipstick, though. i've tried altering my application technique & still, i just can't get it to look right :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Viva Glam V is a permanent shade in the Viva Glam Family and was introduced in March 2004. It is a lustre formula and is described as a neutral pink with pearl. This is my all time favorite neutral lip color. It is the only lipstick I EVER keep a back up of. If MAC were to discontinue this shade there is a good chance I would cry. This is the perfect on the go lipstick and will go with any makeup look. I do find the finish to be a little frosty because of all the pearl in it but I don't mind it at all. It is very flattering on my NC20 skintone. The staying power is ok but it could be better.

Some similar shades include Maybelline #205 Nearly There and Rimmel Sunset.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by debdo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for about 2 years. I've heard all the great reviews so I ordered it. BORING!. I don't see what the fuss is about. Its a pretty ok color in the tube but blah on me. It smells nice and packaging is cute. But, tooo expensive. Will not repurchae. I can find a NYX or WW lipstick for way cheaper and better color. I have a 3 dollar lipstick called Forbidden Love made by LA Girls which is a beautiful neutral. So, ladies you can have this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

After reading about so many Mac products and I own two eyeshadows from several years ago that have lasted forever.... I finally decided to cave in and try a lipstick. I ordered from Macy's online as I had a gift card and got free shipping. My package was delayed by a snowstorm last week but when I got it late last week my enthusiasm for the product had worn off. I tried it on Super Bowl Sunday. It's okay. It smells good. The color is pretty, a little shimmery but does not stay on the lips very long. I have cheaper lipsticks, like Maybelline or Avon, that I like better. This Viva Glam Shade compares with my Lancome Coquette but the Lancome lasts longer. I won't spend $14 on another lipstick from Mac.
Update: This lipstick dries my lips out so bad that I have chapped lips for days after using it, no matter if I use balm under or over. FAIL.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by sb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my fave lipsticks from MAC!! I like to top this with Viva Glam V lipglass. I also like to pair this with Secret Blush.