September 3, 2014 | 1112 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has grown on me - when I first got it I thought it was completely unremarkable, but now I really like it. It's a nice nude-pink with lots of shimmer. It suits my pale skin color perfectly with just enough color for everyday wear - I can wear this to teach. It also is benefited by a lip liner and gloss for evening if you want to do a smoky eye. Definitely a staple and very flattering to my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by RhianNoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lipstick for it's versatility, I have tried it with many different looks from minimal makeup to a full-on smoky eye and it goes exceptionally well with them all so I take this one everywhere - It is not necessarily my go-to lipstick but it is a failsafe.
The formula I find more drying than other MAC lipsticks and the glitter is a bit too gritty for this to be perfect but it works as a staple. That being said I am on the fence about repurchasing this, I think because I have so many lipsticks just now I likely won't be buying more any time soon, I think when the stash has reduced somewhat this will weedle it's way back into my life.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by tinnag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Don't get the hype about this one.. It's okay but nothing special, way to glittery for me ... Will use it up but not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I wear this pretty much every day. I'm ~NC20 and this is my MLBB color-- very subtle but makes me look polished. I tend to wear mostly browns and bronzes on my eyes with peach blush and this goes well with those. It's somewhat drying but I just use Vaseline before it so it's fine. All the money goes to the MAC AIDS Fund so it's for a good cause. I'll repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick, my favourite for the winter. On my nc15 skin this is a gorgeous mlbb with a soft sheen and pretty good staying power. I can wear a light coat during the day for work but I also like it in the evening with smokey eyes and dewy skin. Although I'm fair I live in a hot country and when the summer arrives I tan quite a bit, usually going to around a nc25 shade. As soon as my skin gets this dark I stop wearing this, i find that against tanned skin it takes on a kind of cool, greyish undertone that's pretty unflattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year when I was looking for a nice neutral that I could pack into my makeup bag for those caught out without makeup days. I love this shade for the fact that while it is neutral it still has a hint of pink without being too overpowering of a shade.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

blah. I normally love MAC l/s but this one is way too gritty for me. For some reason the color turns out brown on my lips too. FAIL.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this colour comes out WAY too dark on me! it's a gorgeous lipstick, though. i've tried altering my application technique & still, i just can't get it to look right :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Viva Glam V is a permanent shade in the Viva Glam Family and was introduced in March 2004. It is a lustre formula and is described as a neutral pink with pearl. This is my all time favorite neutral lip color. It is the only lipstick I EVER keep a back up of. If MAC were to discontinue this shade there is a good chance I would cry. This is the perfect on the go lipstick and will go with any makeup look. I do find the finish to be a little frosty because of all the pearl in it but I don't mind it at all. It is very flattering on my NC20 skintone. The staying power is ok but it could be better.

Some similar shades include Maybelline #205 Nearly There and Rimmel Sunset.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by debdo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had this for about 2 years. I've heard all the great reviews so I ordered it. BORING!. I don't see what the fuss is about. Its a pretty ok color in the tube but blah on me. It smells nice and packaging is cute. But, tooo expensive. Will not repurchae. I can find a NYX or WW lipstick for way cheaper and better color. I have a 3 dollar lipstick called Forbidden Love made by LA Girls which is a beautiful neutral. So, ladies you can have this one.