Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 2/7/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this...and i did when i first tried it on. I thought it gave me the perfect "candlelight glow" as it says its supposed to. THEN i went a family reunion and all of relatives were like "you have dirt on your face" and they all wiped it off for me, because they thought my face was dirty. THAT killed the product for me. I guess the colors (even with a very light hand) just don't work with my pale asian skin, because everyone thought i actually had dirt on my face. Needless to say, i will NOT be buying this again!
EDIT 3/8/05: i love this as an eyeshadow, its just barely there and its so pretty. I have asian, creaseless eyes and it just brings them depth and warmth,ii can't explain it it just gives me that candelight glow to my eyes, its SO pretty! plus, as an eyeshadow its worth the money because it'll never be gone!

on 1/21/2005 2:26:00 PM

This is one of the best highlighting products that I have used. The brick has 5 rows of shimmery neutral beige toned powders, the top one a shimmery ivory. I like to use this on my cheekbones over blusher for a glow. Very nice product.

on 1/17/2005 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I am not the type of person to go out of my way to look glittery or shimmery. That said, I wanted something that would liven up my winter skin. THis is the stuff. Not glittery at all, a slight shimmer that could easily be worn in the office. This makes your skin look healthy and glowing... but not like you're heading out to the club after work. Expensive and a pretty large container for transport. An included brush would have been nice, given the price.

on 1/15/2005 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very pretty and can be used as highlighter for face, shimmer eyeshadow or even mixed with balm as shimmer gloss for lips! The beige is neutral compared to the pink or bronze I think! So nice.

on 1/10/2005 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I like to refer to this color as my "J-Lo shimmer." That is really what it reminds me of. I have brown hair/eyes and olive skin, and this is my overall fave for shimmer on my face, shoulders, etc. The price is high, but of others I have tried, I always come back to this. It is a VERY fragile product, and it can crumble easily if you aren't careful with it.

First of all, THIS IS NOT A BRONZER!!! Bobbi sells a bronzer that is matte! The purpose of the Shimmer Brick is to give a nice all over glow. There are currrently three colors, Pink, Beige, and Bronze, and a fourth to come out soon, Rose. The Shimmer Brick also can be used as 5 individual eyeshadows. Two Bobbi eyeshadows cost $36, but you can get the Shimmer Brick for $35. It's really an awesome deal.

on 1/3/2005 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I was a little bit wary by the slight mixed reviews here because I asked my sister to get it for me for xmas and I haven't had a chance to test it in person beforehand.
Well? It is goregous on my face! It is pure shimmer and makes my cheekbones so radiant. I think this is the best powdery highlighter I own so far [I have several]. I think I may want the pink one next

on 1/2/2005 1:55:00 PM

Received as a gift after pining for it for months and months! Granted it's a bit pricey at $35, but I can't see myself running out of it anytime soon!
It's not for the subtle shimmery look! But it adds a lovely glow over any blush or by itself.
I've used a few times as e/s and doesn't have the BEST staying power, but still fairly decent.
Do your face and yourself a favor and get it if you don't have it already!

on 1/1/2005 5:38:00 PM

Wow! I absolutely love this shimmerbrick! It looks gorgeous not only applied to the cheeks but to the eyes as well. I cant wait to try out the Bronze and Pink Shimmerbricks!

I am a NC35/GGG and this stuff is just awesome. I bought it at the outlets and its just super cool. It goes so beautifully on my eyes. The colors are just awesome. I use it as eyeshadow, but it can be used to highlight your nose and cheeks. So nice! Will buy again!