NARS Gilda

4.4

This blush gives a gorgeous matte reddy-corally flush. It's lovely on pale-medium skin and gives a very pretty glow, although I wouldn't say it's entirely natural. This is highly concentrated so you must apply with a light hand, and it's quite easy to over-do. Otherwise, this is a beautiful blush to add to your blush collection - you definitely don't need this though if you have the SB Blush Palette in Samba though.

on 4/19/2007 5:40:00 PM

I love all the Nars blushes, but this color just wasn't quite right for me. I'm really, really pale so it just looked to orange on my skintone.

on 1/26/2007 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was worried this would basically be Orgasm without the shimmer (which I find to be very pink on me) but this shows up a lovely true peach, suitable for almost any skintone. It's different enough from other Nars blushes in this color family to own it - slightly warmer than Deep Throat but not as warm as Gina or as orangey/coral as Torrid. As with all Nars blushes it's pigmented and long-lasting. Very pleased with this!

on 10/18/2006 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Can not believe I have not reviewed this yet! If your are looking for a blush the has that elusive balance of pink/peach or peach/pink, this is it. No shimmer, just great fresh looking color (*thinks about baby cheeks*). Own many, many blushes but have used up several pans of this and will no doubt use several more.

N,LLL/PPP

on 9/25/2006 5:30:00 PM

Lovely fresh peach with very little to no pink. This is like NARS Deep Throat or MAC Style without the shimmer.

on 8/17/2006 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love peachy shades, but this one didn't work for me, but I it would look lovely on others, if you like something matte. I like a bit of shimmer, so orgasm and deep throat are better. I could never get a soft peachy glow with this blush; perhaps it was too pigmented and tended to be hard to blend.

on 7/20/2006 9:37:00 AM

Love this blush. Applied to the apple of my cheeks it gives that "glow from within" and is a natural peachy deep coral that compliments my hair and eye colour ( dark blonde with highlights and slate blue). No shimmer in this, which I like especially for day time wear. Will definitely repurchase. Could be an HG for me? Only bought this week so will update in a bit. UPDATE: Still loving this and seriously pleased with the way the colour makes my eyes pop - never had a blush do that before! Definitely a HG.

on 7/5/2006 10:10:00 AM

Very nice peachy blush that blends well. It has no shimmer in it, which makes it very natural looking.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful, natural coral. Very pinky/red coral. Soft peachy-pinky-red color that really brightens up my face. Love it! Gilda is one of my favorite NARS blushes! Gilda has enough red to add a flushy pop of color to the cheeks, but it also has enough peachy-pink to tone it down and make it very soft, natural and wearable. Some people compare Gilda to Torrid without the shimmer, but I don't think so. On my light PPP skin, Gilda has MUCH more red and pink in it than Torrid. I really don't think Gilda even has a shimmery counterpart among the NARS blushes. When I want Gilda to shimmer, I just apply a little Deep Throat or Sertao over top of it to add a bit of sparkle. I think Gilda is in a class of it's own! Very lovely color!

on 4/8/2006 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

GIlda is a matte coral-peach sahde on my nc30-35,yellow,medium Asian skin. It gives a nice health flushed glow and a little goes a long way. It probably resembles NArs Torrid but without the shimmer. This blush looks good with nude or peachy/pink lips like MAc enchantress. I look awsome in peachy shades and makes me look fresh.

Top Rated NARS Products