April 18, 2014 | 902 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2006 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Kate_NS

Lovely fresh peach with very little to no pink. This is like NARS Deep Throat or MAC Style without the shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by westside

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love peachy shades, but this one didn't work for me, but I it would look lovely on others, if you like something matte. I like a bit of shimmer, so orgasm and deep throat are better. I could never get a soft peachy glow with this blush; perhaps it was too pigmented and tended to be hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ShoobieDoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this blush. Applied to the apple of my cheeks it gives that "glow from within" and is a natural peachy deep coral that compliments my hair and eye colour ( dark blonde with highlights and slate blue). No shimmer in this, which I like especially for day time wear. Will definitely repurchase. Could be an HG for me? Only bought this week so will update in a bit. UPDATE: Still loving this and seriously pleased with the way the colour makes my eyes pop - never had a blush do that before! Definitely a HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by nschoenberg

Very nice peachy blush that blends well. It has no shimmer in it, which makes it very natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, natural coral. Very pinky/red coral. Soft peachy-pinky-red color that really brightens up my face. Love it! Gilda is one of my favorite NARS blushes! Gilda has enough red to add a flushy pop of color to the cheeks, but it also has enough peachy-pink to tone it down and make it very soft, natural and wearable. Some people compare Gilda to Torrid without the shimmer, but I don't think so. On my light PPP skin, Gilda has MUCH more red and pink in it than Torrid. I really don't think Gilda even has a shimmery counterpart among the NARS blushes. When I want Gilda to shimmer, I just apply a little Deep Throat or Sertao over top of it to add a bit of sparkle. I think Gilda is in a class of it's own! Very lovely color!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 8:18:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

GIlda is a matte coral-peach sahde on my nc30-35,yellow,medium Asian skin. It gives a nice health flushed glow and a little goes a long way. It probably resembles NArs Torrid but without the shimmer. This blush looks good with nude or peachy/pink lips like MAc enchantress. I look awsome in peachy shades and makes me look fresh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by islandkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great matte coral blush that lasts all day on me. The color is straight up coral-this is Torrid without the shimmer. NARS blushes are some of the best and Gilda is definitely one of my favorites from the collection. Very pigmented as with most NARS blushes and lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by petitpois

I like this colour a lot - it's a highly-pigmented rose-coral on me; I don't get much of a peach colour from it, strangely enough. It's completely matte, which I love, and requires a light hand, but it produces a very pretty natural-looking flush for a casual night out. And as usual, NARS blushes are high quality, durable colours that just beg to be collected!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 6:24:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is one of the matte/satin blushes that NARS makes. In the pan, it looks like a bright pinky-coral, and on the cheeks, it gives a nice, natural looking flush. (For reference, I am LLL/NC25).

Though this blush is nice, I probably wouldn't repurchase just because it's sort of boring, and I could probably get a similar color for cheaper. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 11:23:00 AM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been lemming this forever. I was sticking with my L'Oreal Charmed Peach because it was close to perfect and never broke me out. The NARS Gilda ingredient list was not completely Sage Safe, so I was going to stay away but then I caved. Glad I did!! Very matte, highly pigmented coral blush that gives a nice flush on my MMM-GGG skin. I believe it would work well on fairer skin if a light touch is used. So far no breakouts so I will continue to use. I have been mixing it with the Charmed Peach. Not sure the point of that though, it does just fine on it's own. Price is high and compact gets messy, but I really love the matte look and this is a rare find. UPDATE: I broke out all over my cheeks, gotta believe it was this. Back to Charmed Peach.