July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ktdetails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Pros:
I love how this feels on my eyes - not greasy, or goopy - dries smooth and soft - I'm so happy when I put in on
Perfect prep for any concealer

Cons:
Wish it was cheaper - but I keep re-purchasing anyway
Wish is wasn't in an open jar - but oh well
Wish it did something more than moisturize (as if there really is an HG eye cream that makes aging reverse and dark circles go away forever - but I know there's no such thing)

UPDATE: currently using Ole Henriksen's Visual Truth Eye Cream - good stuff - it's only $45 bucks - it's organic - I like it better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by misscam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product when I ordered my corrector and I've been hooked ever since. It's a MUST. I tried using other eye creams under my corrector to save money, but the difference is so dramatic, I just couldn't do it.

I have really, really bad dark circles, so I can use all the coverage I can get, but I'm usually stuck looking cakey. This product makes it all look so natural. Definitely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely product ... as Bobbi Brown says, it's indispensable under her concealer ... really makes the concealer stick to the undereye area and helps prevent concealer from settling into eye lines.I know some other women have had some sensitivity issues with this product but although my skin flares up at the slightest provocation, this eye cream has not caused that problem for me. In terms of quality, I can unquestionably recommend it though I'm taking one lippie off for the price as it's expensive and my experience has been that a jar doesn't last all that long.BTW--I've also tried BB's Extra Eye Balm and would recommend that women with dry skin use that cream at night and this one during the day because the BB concealer tended to slide off my skin with the Extra Eye Balm underneath. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by jemimapc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my third jar of this cream. I have tried other brands in the past but now stick to this because for me it does everything I want it to. Nice consistency, no strong scent, makes a good base for easy concealer application and just feels good on my skin. Bit pricey, but lasts for ages because you only need to use a little each time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like the container bc its easier to use it as a primer w makeup, u dip the plastic end of your concealer brush into it to choose how much u want.

all it does is hydrate though and nothing else...but it hydrates well. but, you could probably just do the same thing with a good face cream. i wouldnt buy it again, the eye corrector works fine without this, and sometimes better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:53:00 AM More reviews by michelle1975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have been using this for about 6 months-it goes on nice-very moisturizing.Makes putting on the bobbi brown primer and concealer possible-as they are both kinda sticky.However i tried Shiseido's Bio Performace Super Eye Contour Cream and really prefer that-plumps up the area-makes applying concealer even easier-as well as is anti-aging-i like a cream that does several things at once :)-and it's packaging is more sanitary than the bobbi brown that came in a jar

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by roaker

I have been using this eye cream for about a year now and really love it. It really hydrates well. I must admit I have tried to find eye creams in the drug stores that will do the trick as well. I have not had any luck. I will buy this one again. I just wish the price was a little lower.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Dbny17

This product did nothing for my eyes. It went on and dried a bit tacky. Had to put my other eye cream over it. was very dissappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by strawberita1

This eye cream has become somewhat of a staple for me.

For starters it is the perfect base for the corrector/concealer and so far it is the only eye cream that does not irritate my sensitive eyes at all.
Unfortunately for me I have a very horrible issue with under eye circles/dryness, most likely due to bad allergies, and this product is very refreshing and manages to keep that delicate skin nice and hydrated for a long period of time. I think I am actually a bit addicted to it now because if I forget to put it on I feel the difference immediately.

The only bad thing I can say about this cream is that it is a bit on the pricey side ($40 for .5oz) and it is packaged in a jar which is kind of annoying and not very hygenic either. However, for what it does I still find it to be totally worth it and I recommend at least trying a sample of it because a little definitely goes a long way :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using (and loving) Clinique's All About Eyes Rich, but I started finding it a bit sticky under my concealer during the day. I bought this with the corrector/concealer combo from BB because it claims to have a primer built into it. It seems to work really well under the make up, but most importantly it has made the skin underneath my eyes really smooth. I have fairly dry skin which is never quite as soft as the rest of my face, but I have honestly noticed a difference last night and today. I applied it really generously last night and the whole area was sooooo soft and smooth.

UPDATE: After about two weeks of amazing hydration, this started to irritate my eyes quite badly - the skin around them became quite dry and red and they were constantly watering. I've only knocked off one lippy because if this had continued to work as it had been working, it would be HG material, and my eyes are extremely sensitive. On someone less prone to irritation, this would be a good product.