April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Dbny17

This product did nothing for my eyes. It went on and dried a bit tacky. Had to put my other eye cream over it. was very dissappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by strawberita1

This eye cream has become somewhat of a staple for me.

For starters it is the perfect base for the corrector/concealer and so far it is the only eye cream that does not irritate my sensitive eyes at all.
Unfortunately for me I have a very horrible issue with under eye circles/dryness, most likely due to bad allergies, and this product is very refreshing and manages to keep that delicate skin nice and hydrated for a long period of time. I think I am actually a bit addicted to it now because if I forget to put it on I feel the difference immediately.

The only bad thing I can say about this cream is that it is a bit on the pricey side ($40 for .5oz) and it is packaged in a jar which is kind of annoying and not very hygenic either. However, for what it does I still find it to be totally worth it and I recommend at least trying a sample of it because a little definitely goes a long way :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using (and loving) Clinique's All About Eyes Rich, but I started finding it a bit sticky under my concealer during the day. I bought this with the corrector/concealer combo from BB because it claims to have a primer built into it. It seems to work really well under the make up, but most importantly it has made the skin underneath my eyes really smooth. I have fairly dry skin which is never quite as soft as the rest of my face, but I have honestly noticed a difference last night and today. I applied it really generously last night and the whole area was sooooo soft and smooth.

UPDATE: After about two weeks of amazing hydration, this started to irritate my eyes quite badly - the skin around them became quite dry and red and they were constantly watering. I've only knocked off one lippy because if this had continued to work as it had been working, it would be HG material, and my eyes are extremely sensitive. On someone less prone to irritation, this would be a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dinapolice

This is a great base for the BB concealer. It goes on creamy but it is not greasy. It does not sting or irritate my eyes and the skin around my eyes. It is very pricey but I think this product will last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice daytime eyecream which has almost a gel-like consistency with a lot of slip. And it dries down to a somewhat matte finish which makes it perfect for concealer application. No strong smell to my nose, usual 0.5 ounces, lovely little jar with a black screw- on lid and a flat yet round jar and btw the lid has a pretty design in the center. I have worn this for years and trade off between this and Laura Mercier's Eydration which is also good. Hydrating Eye Cream is expensive at $38 a jar but I will continue to buy as it does not sting my sensitive eye area. Very nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After visiting my local BB counter, I used this cream for for the first time before having the corrector/concealer applied and I like it. It helps everything blend perfectly and it hasnt caused any type of reaction so I'm very happy. and as long as no adverse reaction happens I will continue to repurchase. its a very smooth cream and a little goes a long ways.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by azmomma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Despite my mediocre rating, I do like this eye cream. I use it in the morning before applying my BB concealer. It feels soothing around the eyes and provides a good base for the concealer. I have somewhat sensitive eyes and have reacted badly to other eye creams, this one seems to be very gentle and I have never felt any stinging or irritation. I like the fact that there is no perceivable scent. It hydrates the skin well, but I it seems like that may be about all one can expect from this cream. As far as I can tell there are no active ingredients to fight lines and wrinkles or help fade dark circles. Don't expect this to be an anti-aging product for the eyes. Once I run out of this product, I will try others on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best hydrating eye cream on the market. I have tried several before, but with Bobbi Brown I noticed results immediately. It soothes and hydrates without looking greasy or shiny. It is very safe around the eye area as it has not irritated or caused stinging. It even cleared up the milia I obtained from a terrible eye cream I used previously. I finally found an eye cream worth repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by BrandedPrincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice eye cream, does what it says, "hydrate" and it absorbs fast, but that's about it. It's an average cream. No SPF. For the price of $38 plus tax, I would expect more. Basically, you are just paying for the name. Quite honestly, you can get the same quality, and even better in a drug store for less than 10 bucks. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good eye cream, but it's just a no frills one that is over priced. Plus, the container is unsanitary. It would of been much better in a queeze tube, not a glass jar. I will keep it and use it, but I won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2007 7:44:00 AM More reviews by whitemamacita

I received a nice sample size of this with a BB blush order and I used it for a couple of days. It seemed to go on smooth enough and gave moisture around my area which I usually need. I didn't see anything special to do with lines or anything like that. What I DIDN'T LIKE was that a couple days (like 2) of using this cream I developed MILIA, which is something I do not get very often at all. Maybe or maybe not was it this cream I don't know but I won't be using it anymore because that is the only reason I could come up with. I have since stopped using it and am using the Kate Somerville Line Eye Cream and only one day into use but so far like it. I always wait a little bit before reviewing to get a full feel for the product and will receive the Kate Somerville items I am now using soon. As for this one didn't work out for me, maybe other.