Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream

3.5

Water Purified, Squalane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Carbomer, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/17/2008 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I agree that the price of this eye cream is high, considering the fact that it's really just a moisturizer. But, as with most BB products, even though it seems "blah", I find myself reaching for it over and over again (LOL).

I'm a Taz user, so I don't want/need eye creams with a bunch of actives in it. This cream does well to moisturize my dry eye area as well as keep away any Taz flakes. It's also easy to wear under makeup -- it sinks in well and isn't shiny.

Earlier this year I had a bad reaction to another "active" eye cream -- it was horrible -- dry patches, itchy, etc. A dose of Benadryl and a couple of weeks of the BB eye cream were the perfect remedy.

I wish it wasn't packaged in a jar, though.

on 11/15/2008 1:52:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. Much better in plumping up the under eye area than philosophy's eye cream. Melts into the skin, feels light and non-greasy. Completely absorbs so it doesn't mess with the application of any shadows or color correctors.

If you have the cash, its worth a try!

on 11/15/2008 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted this cream to work for me after reading all the reviews on here unfortunately it didn't :(
It kinda felt sticky, took a while to 'sink' in and worst of all it irritated, stung and made my eyes water like hell!!
Not a happy bunny :(

on 11/15/2008 3:24:00 AM

This definitely hydrates my eyes without causing milia seeds. It also enables the concealer / corrector to go on smoothly. The result is beautiful. It is expensive, but can be worth the price because I only need a little each time. Can last me for up to 1 year. Will repurchase if a cheaper alternative fails.

on 11/3/2008 8:30:00 PM

I do like this eye cream as it's gentle on my eyes and does not cause any irritation. It is expensive, and I'm not sure if it's worth the price, however it does seem to hydrate my eye area sufficiently and as said earlier does so pain free.

It loses a lippie for not containing vitamin k or other agents which reduce circles and swelling.

on 10/31/2008 3:58:00 AM

I like the creamy texture as it easily blends into my skin. I feel that it moisturizes OK and I use it both day and night. However, I really hate that it's in a jar - and not just a normal cylinder jar, it's curved - thus making it hard to scoop out the little remnants in the corners. It's a bit pricey, but I'll keep buying it until I find a better eye cream.

This cream is white and when you open the bottle its not a soft, marshmallo-y texture but a rather thick and rich cream. I was quite skeptical about this cuz I thought it would give me milla but it dosent! Moisturises well and makes my eye make up last. Wished it had spf though.

I got this in a sample size with my BB corrector/concealor kit, and loved it. I didn't wanna pay so much for an eye cream, so i strayed to other brands (body shop, clarins, shishedo, l'oreal, etc) and eventually had to come back to BB. This stuff rocks. It doesn't claim to work magic on dark eye rings, coz frankly, nothing really fixes that besides sleep and *gasp* giving up caffeine. this stuff makes my concealor just glide on, and more imptly, STAY ON. not happy with the jar concept, but i bought a cheap lil spatula thingy, and use that to get my daily dose of eye cream. my u/e skin's not terribly dry so i use it day and nite. 1 lippie off for price, but otherwise this is a great daily eye cream.

on 9/30/2008 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice product.I love the rich texture and the way that applies on my eye area.Has great moisturizing power without being heavy and oily.I ve noticed also that concealer goes on much more smoother and stays on longer when I use this.In terms of lines,wrinkles and dark circles haven't noticed much but still I enjoy a lot the moisturizing power of this eye cream and I have the feeling that my eye area looks much more "relaxed" and this is the main reason I like this product.I have to say that I get a discount as a make up artist,If I had to pay the full price......then I don't know....but since I have it I ll continue to buy this eye cream.I have nothing negative to say about this eye cream except the price,satisfies me completely

on 9/24/2008 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Update 12/13/13: If your only concern is hydration and a smoother canvas for your makeup, this is it. Unfortunately as I've gotten older, I have greater expectations for my eye cream and this one just doesn't cut it. It's a good basic eye cream for sure, but it has no long-term skincare benefits that I can see.

It hydrates and smoothes the eye area extremely well. So well, in fact, that my concealer no longer settles into the small little wrinkles under my eyes. This product, I believe, contains some kind of primer it in and that accounts for the smooth application of makeup. I don't have to put layers and layers of eye cream on anymore. I only need a dab of this eye cream for each eye and I'm done.