September 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2005 11:56:00 PM More reviews by DeniseWinslow

Gorgeous colour, and good quality for a drugstore polish. I wear this shade often in the winter on super-short fingernails. Looks great and is relatively cheap. I do, however, have two quibbles with this product: it is, like most drugstore polishes, prone to bubbling, which I detest (Chanel polishes do not). Additionally, the dark colour stains nails very easily, even through a basecoat, so it's best not to leave this one on for more than three or four days in a row. Other than that it's fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 8:43:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Perfect. Blood-red, sexy, sultry, and yes, a total twin to Chanel's Vamp. Under $5 CDN.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by hontapocasgreen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This will always, always,always be a part of my nail polish collection. With that being said, it's a given for a repurchase. I've been wearing this for close to 10 years now (yes, Revlon has not changed the shape of the bottle in as many years, but kudos to them for new formulas). It is a perfect cream vampy, dark red with no hint of shimmer whatsoever. It is the perfect sub for OPI's Vampire State Building. I'll wear this anytime of year, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 8:41:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. I have several bottles of the Chanel Vamp knockoff colors, and this goes on the best. This is not streaky or weird on application. I think this is the best I have tried so far! I will repurchase, I paid about $3.99 at Rite-Aid, and got free nail polish remover. I am going to wait on the BOGO, but I would pay full price for this bottle of polish. I am not sure about how this wears, but if it is like other Revlon colors, it's like OPI, only not OPI prices!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Love this color--it's a rich, dark, vampy black cherry/burgundy with a high-sheen, lustrous finish. You only need one coat to get the full effect. Super hot on either toes or short fingernails--makes any outfit seem chicer. Wear is pretty good (though I rarely wear a particular color of polish longer than a week or two at a time). I think it was only around 4USD at the DG. One of my favorites! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2005 12:37:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The most marvelous dark, DARK purple berry color. So gorgeous, so VAMP (only not at a Chanel price!) I love it (and so do my toes)!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2005 4:44:00 AM More reviews by bettybrown

I love Vixen and have been using it since it came out. It is such a good reminder of the 1990s for me when all these Chanel Vamp look-alike colors came out! : ) That said, it has very good staying power and goes on smoothly. It looks great on your toes in particular and with my yellowy-golden skin tone, it really makes my skin glow, even when I am not tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 3:09:00 PM More reviews by cete

I am a big fan of revlon polishes, I think they are one of the better drugstore brands. The brushes are obedient when you are applying and imo the consistency of the polish is good. I've never had a problem with bubbling or excessive drying time like other mua-ers. 2 coats is plenty as the polish is quite thick. Vixen is one of my all time fave nail colours, definately a HG. I always get compliments when wearing it and think it is much more elegant than a red, but gets the same kind of attention. I always wear it for big meetings at work when I need to impress.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an exact match to Chanel's Vamp and this fall, what's old IS new again. I love this color, but am too cheap to buy Chanel.

I don't really know exactly what its staying power is because I've got it sandwiched between layers of Revlon Colorstay, so it's lasting much longer than on its own. Thus far, it is Thursday and I did them Sunday night, not one chip, but that's Colorstay long.

I took a lippie off only because Revlon's Colorstay which lasts long and doesn't stain nails (no base coat) dries fast, etc. is out on the market. It would be a dream if Revlon would market all their colors in the Colorstay formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2004 1:48:00 PM More reviews by fishnet

as everyone said, it's very similar to Vamp. Very dark non-simmery red/burgandy. very sexy. Great color for this fall.