Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 10/24/2012 5:18:00 PM

I can see why some ppl hate this product and others adore it. It all depends on ur skin type and how bad ur blemishes are. I have fair skin with pretty darn harcore red acne scarring all over. Though, i dont have much active pimples, blackheads or even cystic acne. My scarring is generally discolouration rather than ice pick or deep ones. My skin type is normal, though very thin and sensitive and i get oily throughout the day. By oily, its not like u can fry an egg on it but just shine.

So the product. It has a light to medium coverage that will tone down my scar though not masking it with color or powder like most foundations do. It is like a higher coverage tinted moisturizer, if that makes sense. Thats what i like abt it and why giving it 4 star although some of its flaws. I also like how the salycilic acid doesnt over dry ur skin, unless ur skin is dry, but gradually deflame and peel off and heal active pimples. Feels light on face.
Buff fits my nc15-20 yellow undertone skin great!

Now its flaws. Its coverage is definitely a downside since most use it to cover acne. It is nowhere near full coverage. Though it looks extremely natural. Ideal for ppl seeking this look but not so much for others. Id recommend using it as a primer under full coverage foundation since it heals and is very light.

This is rly the only one flaw for me. But hey, what can u ask more for a non comedogenic foundation that heals acne and feels soo natural? I can see myself loving this foundation when my scars would fade away a bit more. Its almost winter here and this foundation doesnt flake or dry at all for my skin type.

Overall, if u have mild acne and have slightly or very oily skin, ull love it!

on 10/10/2012 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a review on the old container, not the new pump container which I haven't tried yet. I have genetic acne and I don't expect makeup to actually help clear my acne, but this one didn't break me out further which was good. It also did pretty well with my oily skin. It has medium coverage without looking cakey. I have issues with foundation looking cakey on me and I'm able to put this on and it looks fine. It doesn't sink into my big pores either. So far this has been the best foundation I've been able to find for acne-prone skin that suits all my skin's needs. The only thing I noticed was that it maybe doesn't blend as well as other makeups. If you get a color that's a bit dark or light you might have trouble because it doesn't just mesh into the color of your skin like other foundations seem to. I would want to make sure not to miss any spots, and blend it carefully.

on 10/9/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Almay Clear Complesion Blemish Healing Liquid Foundation works like magic for those with acne-prone, oily, and/or combination skin types! This foundation feels light on your skin, it is ODOR-FREE, eliminates acne over time, gives more for your buck, and NO TOUCH UP NEEDED! I do suggest wearing a moisturizer and/or primer before applying the foundation because it may dry your skin. Do get a shade or 2 lighter than your skin because it does come out dark and a little-bit orange if you do match it with your skin. Other than that, I do recommend this product and will most likely purchase it again.

on 10/9/2012 12:15:00 PM

I have super sensitive skin, every foundation breaks me out, however this didn't.
*The salicylic acid in this is minimal to provide any blemish healing, so none of that going on.

*The foundation is a bit think, you have to work quickly to blend it in.

Dries to a matt finish, tends to control my T-zone all day.

Overall a good drugstore foundation

on 10/1/2012 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have super oily skin. Granted, no foundation has ever worked perfectly for me, but I have tried better ones. Forget using if you have super oily skin, does nothing. In fact, seems to make it worse. I also have sensitive skin, and the foundation, seemed to make it feel worse. Made me break out after using for more than a few days.

on 9/27/2012 9:06:00 PM

If you apply this product on a bare face, it does not blend in well and its hard to rub in and it looks too strong of a makeup (not natural). However, if you apply this over moisturizer, IT IS AMAZING!!! The results are an extremely natural and dewy complexion. I have been searching for years for a foundation that looks natural so that noone can tell that im wearing makeup...I finally found this!! The naked 300 color matches my skin tone PERFECTLY!! And although it doesnt clear breakouts (it's not supposed to, its just supposed to prevent breakouts), it does a really good job at preventing breakouts, I havn't gotten any acne from this and I have VERY acne prone skin. All in all, I love this product its my HG foundation because: It looks and feels natural, matches my skin tone, and doesnt make me break out....this is the best

So, I have combination skin. I have a very oily t-zone, and normal cheeks. I have a hard time with foundations irritating my skin or feeling heavy. I've had a nasty breakout on my cheeks for almost a year already from using Revlon Colorstay :[ It's scarred, so I've slowly been trying to fade it. This foundation is perfect, and exactly what I'm looking for. I have shade 300 Naked, and it blends in great and looks fresh all day. I use a highlighting brush to blend it into my skin, and I set it with the matching pressed powder in Light. This lasts me for about four straight hours without any touch-ups, that's great for me versus other drugstore foundations that seem to melt as soon as I put them on. This is a good all-season makeup. I do have some problems with it clumping up in my dry skin areas, but that's nothing a weekly scrub can't fix. Love the pump, so much more sanitary! It blends smoothly, blurs my blemishes, and doesn't break me out!

on 9/18/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product!!! I have acne and it was so hard for me to cover it. But then one day my mom bought this for me and I tried it out and i was surprised! It matched my skin color but also covered the acne!I swear it helped with my acne! I've been using it for a month and I either get a small zit or have none. I still have acne scars but their going down! Thank God!:)

on 9/11/2012 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I'm currently suffering from adult acne that so I decided to try a foundation that is for blemish skin.

This foundation is good that even though you may have dry skin ( from acne medication, etc), after a few moments of putting this foundation on, I find that my dry skin areas become less noticeable. Which is why this is my go to foundation if ever I'm having a bad skin day. I'm still trialing this out to see if it will cause breakouts on me- slightly nervous about having salicylic acid being one of its ingredients.
I also tend to get oily in the afternoon, and I find that this foundation lasts throughout the day to the evening and I don't look oily at all at the end of the day (granted I do use powder afterwards)

Colourwise- I have this in ivory and under certain lights it looks great on my skin... but I find that in other light conditions, my face can look a bit orange which makes me paranoid sometimes...

on 8/11/2012 10:09:00 AM

I bought this foundation on a complete whim while in Walgreens (the newer pump version). I have been struggling with adult cystic acne for the past several months and have been desperate to find a foundation with moderate coverage that does NOT clog my pores. I have tried all the high-end products, some drugstore products... and although I liked some...I didn't LOVE them. They were either too dewy, too matte for my 35+ skin, clogged pores, drying etc.... So I saw this on sale and noticed the active ingredient is salicylic acid, figured that at least it shouldn't contribute to more breakouts. I wasn't expecting much at all for the $10.00 price tag and assumed it would end up in the bucket of "Oh- well" products. I first applied w/ a foundation brush and was surprised that the color didn't seem pinky, orangey...it was a real skin shade. The texture was smooth and once I covered my face, was pleasantly surprised by the effect. Moderate coverage, dried to a matte-ish finish (but not cakey for those with fine lines)...more of a satin finish. So I headed out the door for the day in 90 degree humidity, expecting major meltage. Surprised again!!! Although I'm not super oily, I definitely get that mid-day sheen... This foundation did not oxidize or melt off. Wooohoooo! A little teeny sheen at mid-day, yes...but no biggie. One blotting sheet and done. I am really impressed...I have an order on the way for MFE Matte foundation and may just return it as soon as it gets here :) Drugstore products have really upped their game in my eyes!!!!