April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

great moisturizer+cream highlighter.i mix it with my foundation for an inner glow effect and its awesome.never though that mac could make a descent skincare product :D
i will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Thank you MAC for making this mircale in a bottle. I don't care what it costs, for what it does it's pretty much cheap! I debated getting Strobe Liquid over the Cream but my skin has been so dry and tight I opted for the Cream version hoping it would bring my skin back to life. So happy I did. Not crazy about the smell at first but after 5 minutes I can't smell it at all. The cream is thick and might be heavy on some but I love it. It does do what it claims to do, de-stresses, soothes, makes dull skin look dewy and fresh. Brightens my skin so much that I almost convince myself that I got 8 hours of sleep! Now depends on your skin, you can either use it just as a highlighter or mix it with a foundation (never tried but I will) But if you are like me where your skin has lost all luster & is tight and dry....apply all over your face and down your neck and let it absorb before applying foundation. Sometimes I actually apply this over my tinted moisturizer or on its own. I'm not someone who is confident without my makeup but Strobe really helps. It will give anyone supermodel skin. I will repurchase once I run out. I've had it for 2 months and haven't reached the halfway mark.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

God this is an amazing moisturizer!! i wish they made a version of it without the peral crap in it, theres alot of anti oxidents and cell communicating ingredients that make your skin look your best<3 i love it but please mac come out with a nonperal version

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jostajoe

It is a very nice extra something to keep in my make up bag. Granted, I don't use it every day. Only those days when I want to add a little extra bit of radiance, I add a drop or two to the back of my hand and spread the product on the area I want to highlight.

I decided to purchase this after seeing a makeup artist added the pretty sheen to a model once. What makes this product special from the powder highligher is that the strobe cream doesn't get worn off but the powder ones do. That says, I could keep the glow all day long.

This is how I use the strobe cream:

basic cleansing -> toning -> moisturizing -> strobe cream -> color correcting base with high SPF -> concealer -> loose powder.

Works great so far and will keep purchasing this. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using cream highlighers for years and I love the way it looks. I usually mix a couple drops with my foundation then apply it all over my face for a wonderful glow... I also rub in a little on my neck and collerbones for a night out.

Before using this product, I was using a similar one by estee lauder (can't remember the exact name) but I think they discontinued it and it worked really well. It gave me a pink-ish glow without all the flecks of glitter. It was real smooth looking but this stuff also works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Otherwise known as a 21 year old's skin in a bottle. Suits me, especially that I am in my mid 30s now *grump*

It is a very versatile product. I am wearing it on the days when the only sunscreen I wear is a mineral one in my make up, I am mixing a good dollop of SC with a tiny amount of foundation (a Polish brand with spf 20, with quite a coverage but light-looking especially mixed with this MAC product) and then spread it all over my face with a stippling brush.

The result is AMAZING, glowing, fresh skin that normally I do not have otherwise. A bit of powder on the T zone and a bit of creamy Maybelline Dream Touch blush and I am looking much fresher and ekhm, let's not hesitste to use this word - younger...

A great ingredients list with lots of antioxydants is a bonus. However it is not hydrating on it's own for my dry skin (I will have to wear a Cetaphil moisturiser underneath).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by widoutu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i can't live without this!
i mix this with foundation (about 1.5:1) and it makes my skin glow!
it's very mosturizing, and feels comfortable on skin...
doesn't make face oily either. will continue to buy this

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This just adds that "little something" to your face. A nice healthy glow. I feel it's a bit pricey, but it does what claims to do. The effects are much more apparent if you use liquid products on your face. Af you use this cream, then apply powder products, you really won't be able to see it's effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by booaza

I find mac strobe cream really great, whenever i use it people comment that my skin looks ultra clear and fresh and even ask what foundation im using!! which i can happily reply none!
i do find if i use it everyday sometime i will gt a breakout but its usually fine for everyday wear over ur normal moisteriser :)
ive bought it about 5 times now and have bought mac strobe gel once which was really crappy compared. I also found mac strobe cream really great when i was on isotane (anti acne skin drug) as my skin was really dry and flaky and i used strobe when i went out at night on its own without anyother foundation.
i highly recoomend! i usually dont like mac, but this is def worth it:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I completely love Strobe Cream. I picked it up at a CCO on a whim several months ago and use it when my combination skin looks dull. I've used it both underneath and over my makeup, and both techniques basically give the same glowy/healthy-skin effect. I like using it over powder to take away the powdery finish and make everything feel settled. I love the squeeze-tube packaging (pumps are nice, but I hate the hassle of trying to get out the last bit of product that won't come up through the pump). It has a strange but pleasant scent that I've grown to love. It'll probably take years to use up the whole bottle, but when it's gone, I'll replace it with another.