October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love everything about the Strobe Cream but the smell. It does go away after awhile, so that makes it tolerable. Plus, my sensitive skin hasn't had any adverse reaction to the scent, and that is a big plus. I love that it does leave an iridesence glow to my skin. None of the glittery, shimmery, gimmicky stuff found in some skincare and cosmetics. My skin feels soft to the touch - no greasy after feel to it. I put this on days, I want my skin to look pretty, but with a natural appeal without cosmetics. This is the only skincare product of M.A.C.'s that is in my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Belle_de_Jour

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot recommend this product highly enough. It is the HG of illuminators as it gives you such a fresh glow and a gorgeous sheen. It is so versatile--can be used on its own, mixed with foundation, as a primer, etc. LOVE!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rushed out and bought this for two reasons. a) to give my skin a glowing look and b) to mix it with ELDW foundation so it wouldn't be as heavy and as dark. At first, this stuff was a dream! I love how it made my skin glow without making me greasy or sparkley. However, after about a month of wearing this, I noticed a ton of cosmetic acne (whiteheads) all over my face. I immediately thought it was the ELDW foundation, but after a stopping the strobe cream my face improved considerably.

I ended up buying a tinted moisturizer instead (Pixi) which has been a dream come true. This TM gives me the perfect glow I need, with light to medium coverage and I don't have to spend more money to mix the cream and the foundation together to get that look.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by babybun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found so many ways of using this product. When I don't get enough sleep, I MUST use this in my routine cuz it gives off a radiant natural glow. When I stopped using this for a month, my close friends commented on how tired I looked and dull my face was. I found that this product has vitamin C and great ingredients for the skin as reviewed by Paula Begoun and several makeup experts.

To use it:
1. Squeeze out a 2-cm-long Strobe Cream (when you squeeze it out from the tube, it comes out in a long paste like toothpaste) and just apply it to your whole face. Then follow with makeup.
2. Mix 1-cm-long SC with liquid foundation and apply to your face. This gives a more natural look than 1.
3. Apply liquid foundation to your whole face, then apply a bit of the mixture between SC and your liquid foundation on areas where you'd like to highlight, like above eyebrows, nose and cheekbones, etc.

I love to mix it with my foundations, especially the ones that are too mattifying. The shimmer is subtle as well. However, I find that wearing this alone without dusting any powder gives a metallic robotic look. So always dust it with powder and you'll have a subtle glowy dewy loook!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by uyai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Amazing stuff. I have tried many powder and liquid highlights (MAC MSF's and Benefits Moonbeam/High Beam being the most high profile ones) and have never found one I've been happy with. Strobe Cream is my HG highlighter and it never fails me! MAC says it's packed with potent botanicals that help moisturize, freshen and boost the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin. I can't comment much on the moisturizing properties as I only use this down my nose, above the cupids bow and on the tops of my cheekbones. However, it is quite creamy and thick in texture so I could imagine that used under makeup it will provide some moisture for drier skintypes.

I love the way it brightens my skin with IRRIDESCENSE rather than SHIMMER/GLITTER. It makes me glow in a way that you can't really put your finger on, perfect because I use mineral powder (BM Matte) which doesn't really allow for any radiance. I can't accurately describe the 'colour' it deposits, it's just a glowy sheen really, great for both day and night. It doesn't feel heavy on my skin either and the lasting power is very good; the glow remains all day and does not turn into an oily or greasy look. Great stuff and I will definately be repurchasing, my makeup looks incomplete without it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Peri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a travel size version and I LOVE it. It achieves exactly what you see on runway models dewy, highlighted-without-glitter skin.
After I apply foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 mixed with a dab of MAC Select SPF 15 in NC30) I press a pea size amount onto my cheekbones, chin, sides of my nose and the outer corners of my eyes and it looks flawless.

I've found, for me, it works better to literally press it into my skin as opposed to rubbing it in. I'm getting married in 11 days and I was planning to do my own makeup and this will definitely be featured!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is the ONLY item from MAC that I think is worth the price - best highlight I've tried, and I've tried everything from HE to DS, powder to liquid to creme formulas. I apply SC with my 188 brush down my nose, above the cupids bow, a dab on my chin, and a little right on the tops of my cheekbones. It is not shimmery/glittery just...glowy! There's a real pearly irridescense that makes you look radiant not greasy, glowy not shiny. Works really well with my NC20-25 yellow toned skin. Perfectly wearable for both day and night, not to mention the 50ml tube will last you for ages as you don't need to use much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Glowing, dewy, radiant healthy skin. If you don't have this naturally, then strobe cream will fake it for you. I prefer to use it as a contour rather than over my entire face. I'm so impressed by this product because it's easy to use, doesn't harm my sensitive skin and actually delivers on it's promise to make skin glow. I hate to admit this, but this stuff is "mac crack"- I'm addicted and I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by raniee0616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a few months now and I love it! I have a very sensitive skin which is prone to acnes so I'm very careful about what I put on my face. When I first bought this from MAC I was very hesitant to put it on because I thought i might break out my skin.

However it turned out to be my HG highlighter/moisturizing cream! I bought this to use with my Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation I recently purchased. Even though the foundation had a great coverage and was long lasting, it was way too dry for me to use it alone. I could feel the cracks at the end of the day and it literally pissed me out every time.

Ever since I started putting MAC strobe cream on my face prior to applying my foundation, I have never got that problem! It's just like miracle! It is really moisturizing and it smooths my skin out lil bit too.

I love it <3 It'll always be my HG moisturizer+highlighter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Annike1991

Today, I went on the search for a product that could make my face 'pop'. I wanted something that could provide a healthy glow for my blase, blemished skin. I want to glow, dammit. I want to walk around looking photo-shopped!
As usual I turned to the trusted MAC, and I wasn't let down. A beautiful MAC make up artist suggested I try the Strobe Cream.
Adding a pea-size quantity to my studio fix fluid foundation yielded a gorgeous result. There's a nice 'airbrush' effect, and I did get that 'glow' I was after.
I also understand that strobe cream can be used as a moisturiser, so I'll definitely be giving that a try tonight. Don't we all love versatility!
Sure, MAC make up is expensive in Australia, but if the end result justifies the price tag, how much can one really complain?